Could we have peaked too soon?

seahawk2k

Reaction score
If the Hawks were playing near perfect, then yeah, I could understand this point, but honestly, they didn't even play THAT great against the 49ers and won by 30, and some of that was Harbaugh just calling a dreadful game.

There is plenty of room for improvement, including from Wilson. I've seen peaking, and they aren't peaking yet. The scores might indicate such, but they aren't.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Barthawk":250pmrcb said:
I cannot for the life of me figure out the fan boner of the pass rush.. we cannot be top 10 at every single category.. best scoring defense in the NFL is the best stat to explain how well the defense is playing..

Kaepernick was pressured pretty good most of the evening, but has the mobility to evade the sacks.. watch how well Bradford gets pounded this weekend..

we are top 15 in the NFL in sacks... plenty good for me..
I think you are misinterpreting my comment about the pass rush. I love the way the defense is playing and am completely satisified with it. In case you failed to read the OP, he raises the question on whether or not we have peaked. To me, peaking means that they are playing as well as they could at ALL facets of the game. So, as scary good as this defense already has been playing....there is still room for improvement believe it or not. The pass rush does have room to improve and has been very inconsistent. This defense is a consistent pass rush away from not being just elite, but one of the scariest defenses this league has seen.

So no....we have not peaked. Just playing extremely good football

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
seahawk2k":mf3ciipa said:
If the Hawks were playing near perfect, then yeah, I could understand this point, but honestly, they didn't even play THAT great against the 49ers and won by 30, and some of that was Harbaugh just calling a dreadful game.

There is plenty of room for improvement, including from Wilson. I've seen peaking, and they aren't peaking yet. The scores might indicate such, but they aren't.
:13: Russell is not yet what he'll eventually be and that is an awesome thought. :179417: He's never going to rest on his laurels. Besides, the Lambs will be a tough opponent and that will keep our guys from slacking too.

mikeak

Reaction score
speaking of RW not peaking. How many days after the last game of the season do you think his season starts back up? Does he take a whole week of vacation before going back to film studying and working out? This could be interesting we could have an over under - I definately say Over Under should be at 14 days before he is back at the facilities (not sure what the rules are....)

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3nlr7vr3 said:
Tech Worlds":3nlr7vr3 said:
My wife always tells me that I peaked too soon.
<BR nodeIndex="1"><BR nodeIndex="2">Little do our wives know that we peak too soon on purpose cause Sportscenter is starting in 10.

As long as I'm tickled, it's all good.

We'll know if we peaked too soon in the Rams game. If we face roll them, then we're still peaking.

I honestly don't see this as a peak, as much as a progression. We've steadily gotten better, and steadily introduced new offense. We can only get better at it, so I'm thinking that we're probably at the level we're going to be at. Scary, we have the #1 scoring defense in the NFL. We also have an offense that could be close to unstoppable.

el capitan

Reaction score
There may be some truth in this.....maybe we should
have tried to lose a couple of games recently and save
our best football for the playoffs.

Of course that would mean we'd currently be 8-7 and out
of the playoffs..........this is quite a conundrum.

Latest posts