Dear "Rodney Dangerfield" fans.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Lucky for you, the Hawks finally figured out the recipe to relevance.

1. Travel to Soldier field and chop down a struggling, but very good Chicago Bears team.
2. Go home and dismantle a floundering Cardinals team while setting a record with a 58-0 drubbing.
3. Travel out to Toronto and drop 50 on a floundering Bills team, setting a 60+ year old record.
4. Come home and destroy the highly ranked and "also hot" 49ers 42 - 13, by the grace of a touchdown scored in the final minutes against backups.

"No respect" is a thing of the past, if you've tuned into the media the last few weeks there is more and more talk about the Hawks, including words like "Superbowl favorite", "hottest team in the NFL", and "The team nobody wants to play in January".

Enjoy it while it lasts. You've got to follow up 3 losing seasons with something like this to get back into the national media.

[youtube]ZCVR_ajL_Eo[/youtube]

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, it is a concern to those who like to fly under the radar.

The secret is getting out.

:mrgreen:

drdiags

Reaction score
Who doesn't like Rodney Dangerfield? That was my boy. I should break back out with my Rodney avatar, that or Alfred E Neuman. A fan back in the day shamed me into taking down my Alfred E. My humor had missed the point and was irrelevant to his taste.

Where was I? Time to go take my meds.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
IDK, I heard the don't win on the road thing about ten times today. No bigs, we will get plenty of attention soon enough.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Well shoot, if we beat the Lambs, we go 11-5. 3rd best season record in our history, with a rook at Qb, 3 yrs into a total rebuild. I tell ya, we don't get no respect.

OP
OP
JesterHawk

JesterHawk

Reaction score
seedhawk":3bob60hc said:
Well shoot, if we beat the Lambs, we go 11-5. 3rd best season record in our history, with a rook at Qb, 3 yrs into a total rebuild. I tell ya, we don't get no respect.

We got no respect at 7-9? Unthinkable!

We finally deserve respect at 10-6 or 11-5 as one of the hottest teams in the league right now. Did we deserve respect last year? For what? We proved it, and we're getting it. East coast bias? Not so much, we forced the issue with outstanding football. Big markets get the most coverage because that's where the money is. We have to be dominant to get respect and I, for one am enjoying the heck out of it. Would you rather be the Jets? Lots of talk about them... No playoffs, bleak future... You can have the East coast media, I'll keep my Hawks.

GO HAWKS!

seedhawk

Reaction score
JesterHawk":1bepoaet said:
seedhawk":1bepoaet said:

We finally deserve respect at 10-6 or 11-5 as one of the hottest teams in the league right now. Did we deserve respect last year? For what? We proved it, and we're getting it. East coast bias? Not so much, we forced the issue with outstanding football. Big markets get the most coverage because that's where the money is. We have to be dominant to get respect and I, for one am enjoying the heck out of it. Would you rather be the Jets? Lots of talk about them... No playoffs, bleak future... You can have the East coast media, I'll keep my Hawks.

GO HAWKS!

What in the name of all that is holy are you flipping out about? Jester, comedian at court about the 12-14th century. A fool, buffoon, kept to amuse the best and finest. Living up to your name dude?

CANHawk

Reaction score
seedhawk":3trec86y said:
JesterHawk":3trec86y said:
seedhawk":3trec86y said:

GO HAWKS!

What in the name of all that is holy are you flipping out about? Jester, comedian at court about the 12-14th century. A fool, buffoon, kept to amuse the best and finest. Living up to your name dude?
derp?

OP
OP
JesterHawk

JesterHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":yu8hxhjd said:
seedhawk":yu8hxhjd said:
JesterHawk":yu8hxhjd said:

GO HAWKS!

derp?

You called?

Twisted

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1eqbej0b said:
IDK, I heard the don't win on the road thing about ten times today. No bigs, we will get plenty of attention soon enough.

who said that, the head cheerleader turned NFL "analist"..?... lol