PFT: Sherman has two arguments for his PED appeal

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The above list omits the name of S- Winston Guy, Seahawks who was also suspended for adderall.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sherman needs to pick one of those lame excuses, and stick with it......cause the two excuses combined don't work. You can't say I drank out of a teammates drink, then at the same time say the testing system is flawed.

Either way, neither excuse will hold any water I don't think. Unless Sherman and his agent provide evidence that indeed the testing system is flawed.

razgriz737

Reaction score
jammerhawk":363o4b3i said:
The above list omits the name of S- Winston Guy, Seahawks who was also suspended for adderall.
I THINK it's because he was suspended by the team and not the league, but I'm not sure.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
razgriz737":1phxay25 said:
jammerhawk":1phxay25 said:
I THINK it's because he was suspended by the team and not the league, but I'm not sure.

Why would the team suspend him? Also, Moffit and Barbre were suspended. Seattle has 5 players suspended for PED in just over a year, if that isn't the league high I would be surprised.

razgriz737

Reaction score
HawksFTW":6rx9ckl6 said:
razgriz737":6rx9ckl6 said:
jammerhawk":6rx9ckl6 said:

Why would the team suspend him? Also, Moffit and Barbre were suspended. Seattle has 5 players suspended for PED in just over a year, if that isn't the league high I would be surprised.
I don't know, that's just what I thought I read somewhere. That's why I said I'm not sure.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Cartire":1td0gwgv said:
I have a serious question. Why is Adderal considered a PED? Why is it even tested for? Why does it matter to anyone if the player takes adderal?

ah, cuz it's a stimulant?

i find it funny how all these cornerbacks are testing positive for adderall

HawkWow

Reaction score
With Sherman's personality, I was hopeful he had been on the stuff for years, and that would be the basis for his (winning) appeal. Now? Pretty clear he's going down. Drinking from another player's water bottle? C'mon bro. Grade schoolers fabricate better excuses. I agree with the previous posters requesting he start his suspension immediately. One poster chimed in that we may not make the POs without he and Browner, but it really don't matter one way or the other. I'll take our chances of winning our home games without them. Even should we lose in Toronto, we still may make the POs and they will then be available (a scenario where we will most likely be on the road and their presense will be crucial).

Starrman44

Reaction score
If he can get Russell Wilson to represent him, maybe he wins. Russell will wave his hand and all this will go away. I'm a believer...

hawkfannj

Reaction score
razgriz737":2y3hrggd said:
HawkFan72":2y3hrggd said:
razgriz737":2y3hrggd said:
I don't buy this. There are more players being accused of violating the drug policy than just BB and Sherm, and some are on "money teams". Here's the list so far:

Andre Brown - Giants RB (suspension overturned)
Brandon Browner - Seahawks CB
Jermaine Cunningham - Patriots DE
Joe Haden - Browns CB
Joe Hawley - Falcons C
Will Hill - Giants S
Tyler Sash - Giants S
Richard Sherman - Seahawks CB
Aqib Talib - Patriots CB
Eric Wright - Bucanneers CB

Notice how many are DBs...
That is odd.
Maybe because the drug is mainly used to help keep focus? Or at least that's what I hear. Who would benefit from it most in that respect?

Sentrix

Reaction score
This is all gamesmanship, folks... the Seahawks are simply trying to avoid playing four games without both Sherman and Browner. Browner is serving his suspension now in order to be back for the first game of the playoffs. Sherman made a B.S. appeal that he knows will get rejected just to buy some time, play in a few games now, and come back if we go deep in the playoffs. The problem is that it's looking like both Sherman and Browner will be missing for the home game against SF. They'd be missing that game anyway if they had both took their 4-game suspensions immediately or this week, but both (instead of just Browner) would be back for the playoffs. Why didn't they just do that?

Anybody else thinking the same thing?

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Why are people still talking about the "water bottle" thing that was debunked? It aggravates me when people refuse to actually read something before commenting.

Rat

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":2n4hzpxe said:
Why are people still talking about the "water bottle" thing that was debunked? It aggravates me when people refuse to actually read something before commenting.
I believe it was debunked and then re-confirmed.