Anybody catch Cris Carter on Mike & Mike this morning?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • First off, I can't stand all 3 of these guys but I have to hear them every morning.

Anyways the question Golic asked Carter was:

Golic: Is Andrew Luck the greatest rookie QB of all time? Is he even the greatest rookie QB this year?

Carter (paraphrasing here): He has too many TO's to be the best. What's he have 21? I'm going to go somewhere different. I'm not gonna choose between those 2 (RG3 and Luck) like ESPN, because I don't have to. You got the little guy, Russell...

Golic (cuts him off): oh and then there's Tannehill. Even Weeden started off rough but none of them are in the tank..

That's all I caught. And I'm pretty I didn't get it completely correct as I'm still half asleep and I'm going off memory here.

Edited by radish
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Russ will win these clowns over eventually
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:Russ will win everyone over eventually

Fixed it for you. :D
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• They'll all be on his jock before they know it....
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Glove, check your PMs please.

Radish
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• how is luck even in the discussion with that many turnovers... ridiculous...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Oh no national media pundits not gushing on us. My self-esteem just took a huge hit.
    * NET Staff *

• OOOH SOMEONE'S IN TROUUUUUUUUUUBLE
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• The Radish wrote:Glove, check your PMs please.

Radish

What the? Again?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:
    The Radish wrote:Glove, check your PMs please.

Radish

What the? Again?

Spank time.........
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Hawkstorian wrote:Oh no national media pundits not gushing on us. My self-esteem just took a huge hit.

What? That's not even what this thread is about.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• I'd just assume they keep ignoring him, underestimating ...like the Bears did.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• Sorry for not being clear in my OP. I just thought it was great to hear Cris Carter, when asked if Luck was the best Rookie QB this year, he decided to let the listeners know that he wants to go a different route and not compare Luck and RG3. Instead he wanted to talk about RUSSELL WILSON until Golic cut him off. I missed the rest so maybe someone can share if he continued with the RW discussion.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Resistance to Russell Wilson gushing......is futile.
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Greenberg actually asked those questions. Golic likes RW more than Greenberg but stops short of putting him with Luck and RG3. CC likes RW too. The conversation then went to how well all of the rookie quarterbacks are doing and why quarterbacks in general are coming into the league ready to play more so than in years past.
    I didn't hear a slight to RW. It was a good discussion.
    Wizofwest
    NET Rookie

• Wizofwest wrote:Greenberg actually asked those questions. Golic likes RW more than Greenberg but stops short of putting him with Luck and RG3. CC likes RW too. The conversation then went to how well all of the rookie quarterbacks are doing and why quarterbacks in general are coming into the league ready to play more so than in years past.
    I didn't hear a slight to RW. It was a good discussion.

Oh ok thanks for the clarification...yeah I wasn't saying there was a slight to RW either...just annoyed that when CC mentioned RW they immediately went to someone rose
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• What's completely ridiculous to me is that they seem to lump Luck RG3, RW AND TANNEHILL in the same convesation. I mean he's got 7 TD's to 12 picks. Is only completing 58% of his passes. What in those numbers screams "special" to the media, I ask myself?

To me it's obvious-- Wilson, Luck and Griffin are clearly the top 3 rookie QB's. Infact I'd take these 3 over any of 2010/ 2011 QB classes. Dalton has shown to be the best of that bunch so far. Bradford, Ponder, Locker, and Gabbert have been average- dreadfull.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• The discussion is not as simple as looking at numbers and saying how good the qb is. Luck came to the worst team in the league last year..... Tannehill came to a team that was among the worst last year.

Seahawks was 7-9 - Russell came to a better team than either one of those players and should have more to work with a better offensive line / defense.

I am giving Luck credit for taking that horrific team from what they were to a playoff contender. Luck, RG3, Tannehil and RW in no specific order are all special players this year. Hopefully they will have continued success.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• You cant give all the credit to luck, that isn't the same team as last year. They have had a massive roster turnover. Give some credit to the other guys on the field. Not to mention new coaches.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• The team was so bad because they did not have an even halfway competent qb behind Manning. And they were in a ton of close games that their offense couldn't pull out because their qb wasn't competent. They also shut down guys down as early as they could and were dedicated to getting the #1 pick. I promise that if that team had Tarvaris Jackson at qb last year, they win as many games as Seattle. This idea that the team was devoid of all talent is absolutely ludicrous.
    "If I were Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Flynn, I'd be leery of this kid because if you give him a chance, if you give him a chance and look past his 5 foot 11 or 5-10 and a half or whatever it is, if you give this kid a legitimate chance to win the job, he'll win it" - John Gruden
    mjwhitay
    NET Rookie

• mjwhitay wrote:The team was so bad because they did not have an even halfway competent qb behind Manning. And they were in a ton of close games that their offense couldn't pull out because their qb wasn't competent. They also shut down guys down as early as they could and were dedicated to getting the #1 pick. I promise that if that team had Tarvaris Jackson at qb last year, they win as many games as Seattle. This idea that the team was devoid of all talent is absolutely ludicrous.

This...
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:
    mjwhitay wrote:The team was so bad because they did not have an even halfway competent qb behind Manning. And they were in a ton of close games that their offense couldn't pull out because their qb wasn't competent. They also shut down guys down as early as they could and were dedicated to getting the #1 pick. I promise that if that team had Tarvaris Jackson at qb last year, they win as many games as Seattle. This idea that the team was devoid of all talent is absolutely ludicrous.

This...

This²
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

• Yea Greenberg is such a sycophant it isn't even funny. He's all over Luck's jock.

Golic was stepping up for Wilson, and when it came down to the end Golic asked " the question is, would you trade Wilson or RG3 for Luck?'

It's such a tough question. I'd keep Wilson, but that's an emotional response. I like the underdog and he's a fighter, but Luck is also really amazing. How good would he be on Seattle's team ?
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Galen96 wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:
    mjwhitay wrote:The team was so bad because they did not have an even halfway competent qb behind Manning. And they were in a ton of close games that their offense couldn't pull out because their qb wasn't competent. They also shut down guys down as early as they could and were dedicated to getting the #1 pick. I promise that if that team had Tarvaris Jackson at qb last year, they win as many games as Seattle. This idea that the team was devoid of all talent is absolutely ludicrous.

This...

This²

I know, everyone acts like the Colts recent success is all because of Luck. They seem to forget that once they got rid of the ancient Kerry Collins and stopped putting Painter (who in the hell thought this guy was a QB) behind center, they did win a couple of games.

And one has to wonder if they did tank on purpose. Of course poor Jim Caldwell got canned after he earned the Colts the Luck pick.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:34 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information