Wilson presser

xCalibur

Reaction score
Just watched the Wilson Post game. While i love his energy and confidence. I was a little concerned about his take on the game. When told Pete takes full responsiblility for the lose and told that Pete felt he didn't prepare the team properly. WIlson said that was untrue and that the bye wasn't the problem. He said he felt the team needed the bye and are better for it. ????Better for taking a week off and then coming back to suck up the place? What the hell. I think sometimes his pass the game off and move on to the next cn be a problem. If yoour not going to look closely at what went wrong then you have a problem. But to say they needed the bye, and that they are better for it while loosing so badly...i don't get it

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
umm its a presser from a starting QB known for giving cookie-cutter answers and its after a loss. I dont really know what you were expecting...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If that's what Wilson said, he handled it perfectly.

Press conferences are a waste of time.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I see absolutely no problem in his not obsessing over the loss like an over reactionary seahawk FAN.

No one studies the game or prepares harder than him, so I don't really understand what your problem is?

Did you want him to go to the podium and throw himself and the team/coaches under the boss? That is not a realistic expectation. It's for the fans to go batshit crazy after a loss, not the team or staff.

hawk45

Reaction score
I also think it wasn't the bye, I think the defense craps the bed during road games.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I expected him to say...

"We really hurt our playoff chances today, our defense didn't play as well as they have earlier in the season."

hawkfan333

Reaction score
i am willing to bet he watches film 3 times on the way back from miami

Twisted

Reaction score
xCalibur":1lulwv96 said:
Just watched the Wilson Post game. While i love his energy and confidence. I was a little concerned about his take on the game. When told Pete takes full responsiblility for the lose and told that Pete felt he didn't prepare the team properly. WIlson said that was untrue and that the bye wasn't the problem. He said he felt the team needed the bye and are better for it. ????Better for taking a week off and then coming back to suck up the place? What the hell. I think sometimes his pass the game off and move on to the next cn be a problem. If yoour not going to look closely at what went wrong then you have a problem. But to say they needed the bye, and that they are better for it while loosing so badly...i don't get it

I sure hope you don't expect Wilson or anyone else for that matter to get on national television and explain the weaknesses in their game?

pressers are a joke, problem is the media hasn't a clue what questions they should be asking, CLUE ask questions regarding the positives of the game.. leave the rest alone

Happypuppy

Reaction score
He is just standing up for the players. He is a young guy and trying to be a leader of the team. They really need some on the team...it is really apparent to keep the young guys in line.

redeye81

Reaction score
Wilson is doing what good QBs do.. they stick up for their teammates. now behind closed doors i am sure he will be more critical. Heck everyone on that team needs to look at themselves and get this ship back on track next week.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":20fpv57a said:
I expected him to say...

"We really hurt our playoff chances today, our defense didn't play as well as they have earlier in the season."

That would be about the dumbest thing to say. Throw the defense under the bus as a rookie QB? Ok.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":1yqv80d1 said:
NFSeahawks628":1yqv80d1 said:
I expected him to say...

That would be about the dumbest thing to say. Throw the defense under the bus as a rookie QB? Ok.

:34853_doh: I didn't think I needed a sarcasm emoticon.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3attfqkc said:
SeaToTheHawks":3attfqkc said:
NFSeahawks628":3attfqkc said:
I expected him to say...

:34853_doh: I didn't think I needed a sarcasm emoticon.

Sorry. So many people overreacting I just assumed.

HawkHack

Reaction score
As much as I like RW, his pressers are even more bland than Pete's. They're almost not worth watching.

But that's probably by-design, and as it should be.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Funny how, at the beginning of the season, everyone was jumping on RW as the 'weak spot' that would prevent the team from being successful this season. Where are the weak spots now? RW is about the only guy on the team who goes about his job in a professional manner. His play is probably the most consistently effective on the team now. Pete's lack of discipline is showing up in all of the players that don't possess good self discipline. I find that disheartening.

mikeak

Reaction score
Of course the bye didn't hurt the team. We had injured players that needed to rest and apparently a few guys needed to juice up as well (sorry couldn't resist)......

What hurt was the gameplanning during that bye week but that doesn't equal the bye week being a negative.......

and as others said - what did you expect him to say? Everyone else sucked I did a great job up until the last two plays where first the coaches drew up a HORRIFIC play call and then I should have realized it would be a loss so I should have thrown it away and then third down well the line sucked it up and I should have been ready for that as they really aren't any good at protecting me..........