Article: Pete Carroll has been seamless in Seattle

drdiags

Reaction score
Read the following article on Pete Carroll. A look at how things are setup here for Pete. Nothing new but describes how he is able to make the moves he has and again, why he chose to come to Seattle.

Surprise sc85sis, it wasn't to run away from looming USC sanctions. At least in this author's view. Shocking :stirthepot:

Wilson never gets drafted as high as he did and doesn't get the opportunity to start as early as he has if Carroll doesn't wield the power he does.

And Carroll never leaves USC without being assured of it, either.

He didn't run away from the ominous cloud hanging over USC.

He ran to the rare opportunity Allen was offering.

Read more: http://www.sgvtribune.com/sports/ci_217 ... z29f75b2pX

EDIT: Fixed the mistype in the title. Lost my glasses this morning.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Well written article explaining what most of us recognize already, get the word out.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Good find. Pretty much everything I've believed about Pete already.

Rat

Reaction score
I'm not buying that he still would have come here if the hammer wasn't about to be levied on the USC football program. Not that I have a problem with it. He made USC football relevant again, and I can't blame him for not wanting to stick around for sanctioned years, even if he is at least somewhat culpable for what happened there.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Great article, they even made Wilson two inches taller! :lol:

Unrelated: I bet Pete wants this game more than the Patriots one. He HATES Harbaugh.

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
JS was responsible for Wilson though. Not to say the article is incorrect, but Wilson wasn't be fought for by Carroll, it was JS doing the fighting. Glad he convinced Carroll to get on board.

roiyair

Reaction score
I would pay a ton to listen in on the pre-draft process and the debates in the war room during the draft...
My guess is that pete is responsible for at least most of the picks on defense. He just seems to know what he wants out of every single player for his scheme. This is probably the reason we have been so successful drafting for D. I wonder though what went on in cases like Wilson or Sweezy. Anyway from the outside at least it seems that the collaboration between Carrol and Schneider is something special.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2uw7829b said:
Great article, they even made Wilson two inches taller! :lol:

Unrelated: I bet Pete wants this game more than the Patriots one. He HATES Harbaugh.
Hate is an awful strong word, dude, I'm thinking the word "LOATHE" would be more fitting eh :mrgreen:

And too, Harbaugh can't help it, it's just in his nature to be a classless arrogant butt plug, so Pete should take that into account before being too judgemental.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Rat":26cjowmu said:
I'm not buying that he still would have come here if the hammer wasn't about to be levied on the USC football program. Not that I have a problem with it. He made USC football relevant again, and I can't blame him for not wanting to stick around for sanctioned years, even if he is at least somewhat culpable for what happened there.

Dude are you kidding? for a college coach the current gig pete has would be a dream job. I think there's no way he wouldn't have taken this job, no matter the circumstance.

Rat

Reaction score
bellingerga":2an4p669 said:
Rat":2an4p669 said:

Dude are you kidding? for a college coach the current gig pete has would be a dream job. I think there's no way he wouldn't have taken this job, no matter the circumstance.

Top college football head coaching jobs are the cushiest jobs on the planet. And if you're good at it, like Carroll was, the money, power, and prestige are insane. Carroll pretty much owned that school, and it was in one of the most desirable parts of the country. As established as Carroll was at USC, he had about a million times the job security there that he would running an NFL team. I think that would be especially important to somebody like Carroll, who has twice been fired from NFL head coaching jobs, despite only holding those positions for a combined three years.

He was USC for nearly a decade. I presume he had opportunities to get back into the NFL. You really think the job that finally pried him away from what he built at USC was an opportunity with one of the NFL's least accomplished and most nondescript franchises? And it just happened to be at the same time that USC was about to get hit hard with NCAA sanctions? I may be cynical by nature, but I don't think that's a reach.