LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)

Basis4day

Reaction score
pehawk":28gwoa33 said:
Well, then there's no legit reason they sat on it then. Damn.

It is a matter of priorities. Local law enforcement is spread pretty thin darn here in the Bay Area. A one year investigation is not unusual at all.

To be clear, he was found in possession of an Armalite AR10-T .308 caliber rifle, a Bushmaster ACR rifle chambered for 5.56mm NATO and a Bushmaster Carbon-15 .223 caliber.

The gun he is alleged to have fired is a .45 handgun.

pehawk

Reaction score
I wasn't taking a shot at the police force. If it we're up to me teacher, police and firemen would get $100k a year, period.

I later read your clarifications and it makes total sense.

Basis4day

Reaction score
pehawk":28blid5x said:
I wasn't taking a shot at the police force. If it we're up to me teacher, police and firemen would get $100k a year, period.

I later read your clarifications and it makes total sense.

Sorry. Didn't mean to imply that.

mikeak

Reaction score
Basis4day":a3g1tx9b said:
pehawk":a3g1tx9b said:

It is a matter of priorities. Local law enforcement is spread pretty thin darn here in the Bay Area. A one year investigation is not unusual at all.

To be clear, he was found in possession of an Armalite AR10-T .308 caliber rifle, a Bushmaster ACR rifle chambered for 5.56mm NATO and a Bushmaster Carbon-15 .223 caliber.

A year that is nothing. Ask this woman who was in prison for 19 years unable to post the $180 (USD) bail while the indian system was churning........

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/bail- ... 6654225624

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Seems like everyone agrees about Roland's comment being what it was. No point in continuing to take it seriously, IMO. ;)

mikeak":2xroye21 said:
These guys are idiots - have your friends stay sober and drive you home

Fueling the fire: ya don't even need to call a friend. The NFLPA has a free 24 hour car service that any player can call to get a ride if they're drunk. That is the level of idiocy we're talking. ;)

Joey13091

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2oometh7 said:
Here is what I don't get. Deputies sat on these charges for more than a year. Why? And did they decide to file the charges because of the DUI he recently got?

I can't think of one legitimate reason they should have sat on felony charges for a year plus.

Because they noticed the niners were doing good and they are fans. So they held off on the charges. But then they lost the super bowl.They decided they would give it another year to charge him.

Then the niners got their asses handed to them by the Hawks. After that they said forget it. Seasons over. And added it to the dui charges.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I hate guns. But if someone wants one, for crying out loud get it legally. Get the proper safety training. Take all the necessary measures to safely store it.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Can we somehow nominate A Smith for the NFL's version of the Darwin Award?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Basis4day":ke19tqvz said:
pehawk":ke19tqvz said:

.308's are fun as hell to shoot

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
seedhawk":10ykli9d said:
Can we somehow nominate A Smith for the NFL's version of the Darwin Award?

Let's just give him the award; we'll give him a huge blunt and a bottle of Cristal to go along with it. :mrgreen:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
This isnt Aaron Hernandez here, he is not charged with murder or a violent crime, but there are gun laws in place and the reason so many ask for more is because the ones we have aren't implemented to their wording. I hate to see a young man with such a great potential future ruin his life, but it looks like he did.

It is very unfortunate that with his resources that he didn't go legit. I have unregistered firearms, it is not illegal to have them and they were obtained legally. California has rules that many states don't. Smith is a California resident and failed to follow those rules.

He should be punished if he is guilty, I hope that he can recover from his mistakes and straighten out his life.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
sc85sis":3kbmzuov said:
I hate guns. But if someone wants one, for crying out loud get it legally. Get the proper safety training. Take all the necessary measures to safely store it.

If he wanted those guns he should have waited to play in Seattle or AZ. He messed up in California. Big Boo-Boo.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
pmedic920":1dznmo8e said:
I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

Not trying to debate gun laws, only stating that if he broke the law, he should pay the price.

True, but at the same time we are talking about CA. I dont know about Texas but any law abiding citizen here in WA can own any of those weapons and should be able to in CA. But because of the bleeding heart conservatives there you cant.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I kinda just want to get things straight. Is he in trouble for the possession of the firearms without registering it to the state of California or is he in trouble for not having a gun license and being in possession of the firearms? Or both?

Are you just not allowed to have those type of guns at all in the state of CA?

pmedic920

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":h82dlbf9 said:
pmedic920":h82dlbf9 said:
I am a gun guy, I've made no attempt to hide that fact around here. I live in Texas where we have fairly easy going gun laws. Having said that, every gun I own is legal and I've had to jump thru hoops backwards for some of them. Smith deserves whatever he gets if these allegations are proven true.

Not trying to debate gun laws, only stating that if he broke the law, he should pay the price.

True, but at the same time we are talking about CA. I dont know about Texas but any law abiding citizen here in WA can own any of those weapons and should be able to in CA. But because of the bleeding heart conservatives there you cant.

Yes those weapons are legal in Texas. The point I was making is, that if we have to obey the laws in our state, so should Smith. If he broke the law and it can be proven, he should pay the price.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Don't want to jump on the kid because of accusations, but if they turn up true...damn.

What a waste of a talent, stuck inside that idiots body. Seriously, it's not that hard/bad to be a responsible gun owner.

I guess street cred doesn't come with responsibility.

We'll have to wait and see what happens from here on out.

SF49r

Reaction score
Its a damn shame, he would of had one helluva career. They are basically kicking him while he is down, I mean he is trying to turn his life around going to rehab and then he gets this over something that was more than a year ago.

We'll see what happens, I doubt he is going to see the football field ever again.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
It wouldn't have surprised me at all if Smith went on his drunk/drug binge as a direct result of knowing these other charges were going to come out soon.

Its betters better to look like a helpless troubled soul rather than a straight up thug.

Just think about it. Smith is in rehab, he doesn't have to answer for shit. At least not yet and that would have been a huge distraction if he was still playing.