LOL: Goodbye, Aldon Smith. (New charges)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Archer":15h5j5vv said:
He's not going to get 4 years just because that is a possibility, almost no one convicted of their crimes gets the maximum or even close. Even if convicted, which isn't even likely in my opinion, my guess would be he'd get probation or something with no jail time. I don't think having a gun in your possession that you legally bought in another state should cause you to automatically have jail time, but ignorance is not a good defense. There is no excuse for ignorance. I'd think if you have a large gun in your possession and you move, a smart person would check to make sure it is legal in your area. Same as Plaxico should have realized he didn't have a legal conceal and that is even ignoring that he also was incredibly negligent and luckily only injured himself in that incident. I also don't see the need for anyone to have guns of the nature found at Smith's place of residence as they serve no positive purpose, but that is a conversation no one wants to get in to. This is also not even including the fact that he was stabbed and multiple people were shot at his house at the party, which puts this well beyond just having a paperwork issue.

And 5_Golden_Rings, you more than anyone else in this thread is acting like the "extremist".
BINGO!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":jgagc70o said:
Annnnnnnd, 5 rusty rings just lost any credibility he may have had.

I can't believe he's trying to whip out the "But Mr. JFK Airport Customs Inspector, that heroin was legal where I bought it from in Amsterdam!" defense.

Haha, love the five rusty rings. Describes the entire fan base.

Brahn

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1m2xg2ow said:
Sports Hernia":1m2xg2ow said:
^Someone is a little butthurt^. LMAO!
I believe in the freedom *supposedly* guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment. I don't think this is the place to discuss it, but coming from someone who believes in gun rights, these laws in California, particularly the Bay Area, already chap my crew to no end. This is kind of ludicrous. It's extremists throwing up anything they can think of because they can't solve their gang problems. These laws are not deterrents. They are nothing but annoyances at best and serious traps at worst for people who wouldn't use guns in crimes. The entire gun regulation side of this debate needs to seriously step back and think about what they are trying to prevent, and figure out a method that actually has an effect. Look at gun crime in the Bay Area, and notice that even with gun laws getting more strict, more gun crimes are occurring. At what point does the bell go off and you realize, "gee, this isn't working?"

That this affects Aldon Smith is a secondary issue to me. Yes, it is important to me because of who he is, but it is more than that. AND I DO think he should get jail time, but FOUR YEARS? No. A month or two at best is what I would consider just for this, and the only reason I want him to serve some time is so that he finally gets a wake up call. But the possible penalty is absolutely absurdly unjust.

EDIT- let me hit you with an analogy. More people are killed by cars than guns, although the number is close. But DO you get four years in prison for driving without a license? Or even driving drunk? HELL NO you don't. And why? Cars can be just as dangerous. What's the deal here? It's an irrational fear, or it's political capital, and nothing else ("oooooh, guns are bad! Vote for me, I'll take care of them!")

I agree. He was caught with unregistered firearms. Can we please stop acting like the guy has bad decision making skills? It's not like anyone was ever injured by a firearm at Aldon's hous....., umm it's not like the guy has ever decided to put himself and others at risk by getting behind a car with a blood alcohol limit beyond the legal limit, then sped into a tree on his way to work but was unconscious flooring the peda....ummm, it's not like the guy purchased a few firearms outside of the state to go around local state rifle laws and then failed to resister the firearms he specifically purchased to avoid the law.....and these are the things we know about. How many other things are hush hush.

Yeah, how many times does this guy need to mess up before you take your Niner colored assless chaps off and realize he is a shit of a human at this time, Who I hope can turn it around. But if it wasn't for Hernandez killing people Aldon Smith would be looking like the ass end of the NFL right now.

But ya, must be Hawks homers that feel these types of events speak ill of a person(Not the fan base known for stabbing other fans). I can forgive a person for messing up here or there, but when the guy is messing up here AND there, time to call a duck a duck. Sorry to any Oregon Duck fans.

**Edit** I like the Car analogy, because Aldon Smith has almost killed people with one of them also. Great point, thanks for pointing it out.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2zk5fmdw said:
lvnginhwktwn":2zk5fmdw said:
Regardless of what teams glasses you're looking through I think its a shame what our country is coming to. The criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens. Aldon Smith F**ked up, for sure in more ways than one, when you live the life of celebrity you need to be more mindfull of laws. Not for me to pass judgment or decide his fate, I do however hope that whether he ever plays again or not that he grows up and gets his sh#t together.

What criminal has more rights? What law-abiding citizen are we talking about? Cuz it sure as hell isn't Aldon.

I agree with your last sentence though. I'm a football fan. I might be laughing now, but I hope Aldon gets his life straight. He's too damn good to let it all go to waste

I just ment the law abiding public in general. Certainly didn't mean Aldon Smith.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Hmm...there was not a true assault weapon listed amongst those rifles. :stirthepot:

Brahn

Reaction score
Late Night Drunken Side Note:

Go look at this discussion on Niners Web zone (ya, we are obsessed with you. That is why you are reading this) The amount of work going into this is almost JFK conspiracy worthy. You get photos and analysis and much more.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... d/page242/

Dunno why anyone from there complains, we all know it is horrible for websites to receive more traffic.
Anyways back to the black label

Go Hawks

**Edit** My Fav So Far
Originally posted by Marvin49:
He was stabbed at his party and DEFENDED HIMSELF by firing into the AIR. Cause and effect. Not an isolated incident. That isn't even disputed. He didn't shoot AT anyone. He SHOULD have called the police, but it isn't the crime spree you are making it out to be.

Why are these charges about possession and not about assault? The police considered his actions SELF DEFENSE.

Again. Pay attention.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... PWFs6zu.99

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Brahn":3ag94e0l said:
Late Night Drunken Side Note:

Go look at this discussion on Niners Web zone (ya, we are obsessed with you. That is why you are reading this) The amount of work going into this is almost JFK conspiracy worthy. You get photos and analysis and much more.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... d/page242/

Dunno why anyone from there complains, we all know it is horrible for websites to receive more traffic.
Anyways back to the black label

Go Hawks

**Edit** My Fav So Far
Originally posted by Marvin49:
He was stabbed at his party and DEFENDED HIMSELF by firing into the AIR. Cause and effect. Not an isolated incident. That isn't even disputed. He didn't shoot AT anyone. He SHOULD have called the police, but it isn't the crime spree you are making it out to be.

Why are these charges about possession and not about assault? The police considered his actions SELF DEFENSE.

Again. Pay attention.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... PWFs6zu.99

Aw man...Marvin was decent when he was here but I guess his true colors show amongst his brethren. That is a special kind of stupid there

Popeyejones

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2ed162ek said:
Aw man...Marvin was decent when he was here but I guess his true colors show amongst his brethren. That is a special kind of stupid there

It's not even remotely stupid, and Marvin responded the exact same way @ .net when folks here were being silly and claiming that Aldon had shot someone at a party. It's a variation on that same inaccurate claim that he is responding to in that thread (i.e. the false claim that Aldon fired a gun at people). It's simply not true. For all of Aldon's problems and massive f*ckups, in grand total the damage to others he has caused is crashing into a tree.

If people want to go down the question-begging epithet road about could-have-beens for driving drunk that's of course fine (although it's also casting a pretty wide net), but 1)insinuating that Marvin is wrong in his correction is itself factually inaccurrate, and 2) claiming that Marvin's response there is substantively different from his response here is also inaccurate.

Edit: just for clarification, there are essentially three claims.

1) Aldon has harmed someone else.
2) Aldon has tried to harm someone else.
3) Through criminal negligence Aldon has put others potentially at risk.

Number 3 is absolutely true. Numbers 1 & 2 are simply bullsh!t.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
So:
DUI.
Bar Fight (alleged).
Involved in a car accident where driver was drunk. He was the passenger.
Party with cover charge, selling drinks without a licence at said party. Keep in mind the problems began when he decided his paying guest needed to leave.
Gun Shots (alleged into air) instigating a riot like atmosphere and leading to people being shot and stabbed at party.
Owning illegal guns and ammo.
Another DUI. This one at 7:00am and a workday with Pills and Marijuana found in car.

Have I missed anything? I'm sure I have. How many things haven't become public?

According to Marvin Charges are only being pursued because the DA doesn't want to look soft on celebrities but that ignores the DA throwing out a case against Brooks that had written statements by parties involved as well as medical records by the victim sighting not enough evidence. A alleged rape case against Crabtree that is very much starting to look like it was swept under the rug. Cox getting off on rape charges even though his DNA was found and he stated he never slept with the victim. And all this from the organization the leads the league in DUI's.

In fact there has been zero charges of any kind towards Niners players outside of DUI's that the DA cannot just dismiss through all of these events until now. It sounds to me much more like the DA is afraid of being caught purposely being to soft and not the other way around.

Trivia question: How many games suspension have been served for all the above incidents? That's right. Zero. How is that even remotely possible?

To Niner fans. You guys are idiots if you are making excuses for Aldon in anyway or even want him back on your team you are a moron. This guy is dragging down your entire team. Is a he good player? Yes but there is more to being a good player than just talent. The best thing you can do with him is move on. Let him be somebody else's problem.

Brahn

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2zvpgltb said:
-The Glove-":2zvpgltb said:

It's not even remotely stupid, and Marvin responded the exact same way @ .net when folks here were being silly and claiming that Aldon had shot someone at a party. It's a variation on that same inaccurate claim that he is responding to in that thread (i.e. the false claim that Aldon fired a gun at people). It's simply not true. For all of Aldon's problems and massive f*ckups, in grand total the damage to others he has caused is crashing into a tree.

If people want to go down the question-begging epithet road about could-have-beens for driving drunk that's of course fine (although it's also casting a pretty wide net), but 1)insinuating that Marvin is wrong in his correction is itself factually inaccurrate, and 2) claiming that Marvin's response there is substantively different from his response here is also inaccurate.

Edit: just for clarification, there are essentially three claims.

1) Aldon has harmed someone else.
2) Aldon has tried to harm someone else.
3) Through criminal negligence Aldon has put others potentially at risk.

Number 3 is absolutely true. Numbers 1 & 2 are simply bullsh!t.

Can you just give us all the play by play please. Seeing as you know all these because you were there? Just give the cops a heads up about all these and they can just let the guy go.

Also how does one defend themselves by firing into the air? It's kinda a kin to throwing your hands straight up in the air to defend an uppercut.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RichNhansom":32c7e4jp said:
So:
DUI.
Bar Fight (alleged).
Involved in a car accident where driver was drunk. He was the passenger.
Party with cover charge, selling drinks without a licence at said party. Keep in mind the problems began when he decided his paying guest needed to leave.
Gun Shots (alleged into air) instigating a riot like atmosphere and leading to people being shot and stabbed at party.
Owning illegal guns and ammo.
Another DUI. This one at 7:00am and a workday with Pills and Marijuana found in car.

Have I missed anything? I'm sure I have. How many things haven't become public?

According to Marvin Charges are only being pursued because the DA doesn't want to look soft on celebrities but that ignores the DA throwing out a case against Brooks that had written statements by parties involved as well as medical records by the victim sighting not enough evidence. A alleged rape case against Crabtree that is very much starting to look like it was swept under the rug. Cox getting off on rape charges even though his DNA was found and he stated he never slept with the victim. And all this from the organization the leads the league in DUI's.

In fact there has been zero charges of any kind towards Niners players outside of DUI's that the DA cannot just dismiss through all of these events until now. It sounds to me much more like the DA is afraid of being caught purposely being to soft and not the other way around.

Trivia question: How many games suspension have been served for all the above incidents? That's right. Zero. How is that even remotely possible?

To Niner fans. You guys are idiots if you are making excuses for Aldon in anyway or even want him back on your team you are a moron. This guy is dragging down your entire team. Is a he good player? Yes but there is more to being a good player than just talent. The best thing you can do with him is move on. Let him be somebody else's problem.
BINGO! Ninnies trolls crack me up defending this turd.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
AvengerRam":2kwr6bxn said:
pehawk":2kwr6bxn said:
Did you really "Lol"? Like for real?

Now that he's in rehab, I'm pulling for him. Its a "there but for the grace of god" thing.

I didn't know they had gun rehab.
I didn't know they had Better at Life than You Rehab

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Brahn":3k2beqsh said:
Can you just give us all the play by play please. Seeing as you know all these because you were there? Just give the cops a heads up about all these and they can just let the guy go.

I am simply relying on two things: 1) all of the available media reports on what has happened, and 2) all of the charges and what they are for. (In my summary I am of course assuming he is guilty of what he is reported to have done and has been charged with.)

In any case, your argument seems to be that media reports and charges are meaningless as I was not physically present. This is a silly argument, and an even worse rhetorical strategy. As nobody on this board was physically present for any of these things, therefore, we might as well just lock the thread. See? Your sarcasm was completely wasted.

Brahn":3k2beqsh said:
Also how does one defend themselves by firing into the air? It's kinda a kin to throwing your hands straight up in the air to defend an uppercut.

My post never mentions or even alludes to anything at all about him defending or not defending himself. I have no idea how you have imagined this from my post, but continue to knock yourself out.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":i8gpfmtp said:
you sure bitch alot about the place you live. Why dont you move? If it really is that important to you why dont you move away from all the extremists you hate so much? If you dont like the shithole you live in then you do what you gotta do to remove yourself from that shithole.
Lol I live in TN (surprise, surprise, right?).

RolandDeschain":i8gpfmtp said:
Annnnnnnd, 5 rusty rings just lost any credibility he may have had.

I can't believe he's trying to whip out the "But Mr. JFK Airport Customs Inspector, that heroin was legal where I bought it from in Amsterdam!" defense.

Sorry if I support our Constitution and you don't. He should get in trouble. Even possibly a year suspension. But 4 years in prison as a possibility? Even 1 year is excessive for a "crime" that harms NO ONE and is 100% dependent on location.

Archer":i8gpfmtp said:
He's not going to get 4 years just because that is a possibility, almost no one convicted of their crimes gets the maximum or even close. Even if convicted, which isn't even likely in my opinion, my guess would be he'd get probation or something with no jail time. I don't think having a gun in your possession that you legally bought in another state should cause you to automatically have jail time, but ignorance is not a good defense. There is no excuse for ignorance. I'd think if you have a large gun in your possession and you move, a smart person would check to make sure it is legal in your area. Same as Plaxico should have realized he didn't have a legal conceal and that is even ignoring that he also was incredibly negligent and luckily only injured himself in that incident. I also don't see the need for anyone to have guns of the nature found at Smith's place of residence as they serve no positive purpose, but that is a conversation no one wants to get in to. This is also not even including the fact that he was stabbed and multiple people were shot at his house at the party, which puts this well beyond just having a paperwork issue.

And 5_Golden_Rings, you more than anyone else in this thread is acting like the "extremist".

I don't know. You have seen the Bay Area's gun laws, haven't you? I am definitely to the right on the gun issue, but I DO support certain regulations. However, the ones I support tend to focus on gun dealers and gun sales, not possession (which of course gets people to call me "liberal" by righties). Criminals getting guns are the problem. How do you stop that? By taking them away from law abiding citizens? No. You have a better chance of lowering it by crucifying people who sell them illegally, and by keeping TABS on people who own them (rather than just taking them away). Make people have to show competency with their weapon on a periodic basis, like with cars. Improve background checks. Possibly even require psych evaluations. These are all leftist ideas I'd support. What I don't support is throwing the baby out with the bath water, which is pretty much what "oh noes! remove all guns" laws do.

Scottemojo":i8gpfmtp said:
5 rings, you are a dope. Arizona's gun laws for "hunting" rifles are pretty much nonexistent. Whatever the minimum is for gun laws, that is what Arizona has. Which is why he bought them there. Regardless of your feelings on the 2nd amendment, your guy knew the law locally, so tried to get around the law. And let's not pretend Aldon is responsible enough to own a slingshot, he threw a party full of gangbangers and his new guns were on full display and apparently in the hands of the guests.

I love your complaining about how gun laws only put the most dangerous guns in the hands of criminals as you defend a player who by all accounts put his personal weapons in the hands of criminals.

The funniest part, Aldon brought a gun to a knife fight and still lost.
lol.

Maybe, but Aldon Smith is pretty stupid. I believe it is quite reasonable he would think that since he bought them legally in Arizona that is was good. He is quite the idiot.

Brahn":i8gpfmtp said:
I agree. He was caught with unregistered firearms. Can we please stop acting like the guy has bad decision making skills? It's not like anyone was ever injured by a firearm at Aldon's hous....., umm it's not like the guy has ever decided to put himself and others at risk by getting behind a car with a blood alcohol limit beyond the legal limit, then sped into a tree on his way to work but was unconscious flooring the peda....ummm, it's not like the guy purchased a few firearms outside of the state to go around local state rifle laws and then failed to resister the firearms he specifically purchased to avoid the law.....and these are the things we know about. How many other things are hush hush.

Yeah, how many times does this guy need to mess up before you take your Niner colored assless chaps off and realize he is a shit of a human at this time, Who I hope can turn it around. But if it wasn't for Hernandez killing people Aldon Smith would be looking like the ass end of the NFL right now.

But ya, must be Hawks homers that feel these types of events speak ill of a person(Not the fan base known for stabbing other fans). I can forgive a person for messing up here or there, but when the guy is messing up here AND there, time to call a duck a duck. Sorry to any Oregon Duck fans.

**Edit** I like the Car analogy, because Aldon Smith has almost killed people with one of them also. Great point, thanks for pointing it out.
No doubt. I just don't believe that a possibility of 4 years is just (or anything near that). That's pretty much all I've been saying. What is said is often irrelevant, though, as people tend to make their judgments less based on fact and more on intuition. A year suspension? Completely justified. Probation? Justified. 2, 3 months in jail? Justified given the course he has put himself on. YEARS? For THIS? No freaking way. That is libtard laws running amuck.

hawk45

Reaction score
Popeye has a solid point which was specific to the text of Marvin's post which concerned the actual charges against Aldon. Marvin was reacting to folks embellishing what the actual reported events of the party were, and what the charges were coming out of those events.

I'm not hearing much argument that Aldon is a dope and a criminal dope in this case. But his actions are stupid enough without embellishment.

That aside, I think he should get whatever is reasonable for this, given the facts and his history just like a non-millionaire person would, although I'd say there's a low probability of that happening. He seems to be a knucklehead of the highest order and the best chance for him to turn anything around is to stare a nice stiff penalty in the face and think about what he's on the verge of losing. I'm not holding my breath.