Anyone hear Kaep & Harbaugh's press call to Seattle Media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giedi

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":34mlt1jd said:
Aros":34mlt1jd said:
RolandDeschain":34mlt1jd said:
On top of that, I just read this, and Kaepernick has to be the worst QB in the league at answering interview questions. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was some 8th grade kid answering stuff.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/09/ ... our-voice/

Funny but they omitted the one question and response I heard.

To paraphrase:

Seattle Media: You've heard about the 12th Man...Were they a factor in last year's game at all?

Kaepernick: No. We had (problems inside the huddle). It wasn't the crowd.

Lordy. :34853_doh:

Really did seem like a combo of both. Noise was messing up the communication, but really, they were incredibly unprepared. The noise shouldnt have messed them up that much.

that's they key word there. *Unprepared* -- as in unprepared for the incredible sound volume that C-link has to offer. It's well known that C-link is probably the most difficult place to play as an offense. that was true before C-link was built and Seattle was back in the old Dome. I don't think words can adquately describe playing your first game at C-link - ever. You have to play in that environment to prepare for it. I belive it was his first ever game as a starting QB at C-link. Prior to that he was a backup. I think that was something he was totally unprepared for and it showed in his game. It was a bad day all around for the entire team. Seattle took it to the 49ers and it's one of the more embarassing games in 49er history.

Laloosh

Reaction score
mretrade":2ld082pr said:
Except I follow the Seahawks a lot closer than the Cardinals since I grew up on Mercer Island and all my friends are Seahawk fans.

I know plenty of Niner fans, some from WA, some not... they are ALL obsessed with beating the Seahawks this year. Face it, week 16 created doubt. You're hoping to feel better and not worse after Sunday.

I hope your friends razz the shit out of you until we come to Candlestick. I know they'll do it to me if we lose.

Giedi

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1ffp3zl8 said:
mretrade":1ffp3zl8 said:
RolandDeschain":1ffp3zl8 said:
Then so are your Super Bowl wins after you played those teams you beat again.

Are you guys really that obsessed with beating us that you are comparing one regular season game to a superbowl?

Should we not be obsessed with beating you? Isn't that the point of playing your team?

When we bring up how we pounded you guys to oblivion last season, all you bring up is how you fared against other opponents. We're obsessed with beating the 49ers. We don't care how the 49ers did against other teams.
It's alright being obsessed with beating the 49ers. I understand that mindset because if you beat the 49ers, chances are you will be going deep in the playoffs. Being one of the best, a lot of teams will bring their best efforts and try to *measure* up and see how the fare and then see how they have progressed in terms of team and player development.

Five superbowls starts with an owner that cares about winning. Not all owners do care about it, or care about it so much, that they are *personally* involved emotionally in the team. A good portion of the owners who buy a sports franchise, buy them for trophy kinds of purposes, i.e. as a asset to show off to - to other rich folks. Only a very few really want to win so bad that they will do everything they can to give their teams the advantage.

As for Seattle and Superbowls, Holmgren is one of the better coaches when he was coaching. The Hawk's had the same kind of officiating issues in their superbowl that the 49ers had last year in last years superbowl. The key is for the 'Hawks in winning Superbowls to keep showing up in the playoffs - and one day get lucky enough to get into the Superbowl and win it. 49ers had 20 years of playoff appearances - only 5 superbowls. That's a less than fifty percent success rate (25%). That totally sucks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Giedi":35ch3imn said:
The Hawk's had the same kind of officiating issues in their superbowl that the 49ers had last year in last years superbowl.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Sac

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1s1639zw said:
Giedi":1s1639zw said:
The Hawk's had the same kind of officiating issues in their superbowl that the 49ers had last year in last years superbowl.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

He doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Nah, it's more about being obsessed with HFA and winning a Super Bowl and the 49ers being in the way of those things. Your organization was great in the '80s and early '90s and has two good years recently. They were mediocre-to-bad for the first thirty or so years, then Eddie DeBartolo did some shady stuff and they were bad for another decade.

So, while the Niners did have great success in the '80s with an all-timer coach, QB, WR, and hell, let's throw FS and FB in there too, it's not like we want to live up to the organization, which has been more bad than good in its history.

This is not a knock on the 49er organization; just a correction of your understanding of Seahawk fans' motivations for focusing on the 49ers so much.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Gieidi":m3kaql60 said:
Five superbowls starts with an owner that cares about winning. Not all owners do care about it, or care about it so much, that they are *personally* involved emotionally in the team. A good portion of the owners who buy a sports franchise, buy them for trophy kinds of purposes, i.e. as a asset to show off to - to other rich folks. Only a very few really want to win so bad that they will do everything they can to give their teams the advantage.

As for Seattle and Superbowls, Holmgren is one of the better coaches when he was coaching. The Hawk's had the same kind of officiating issues in their superbowl that the 49ers had last year in last years superbowl. The key is for the 'Hawks in winning Superbowls to keep showing up in the playoffs - and one day get lucky enough to get into the Superbowl and win it. 49ers had 20 years of playoff appearances - only 5 superbowls. That's a less than fifty percent success rate (25%). That totally sucks.
I had a friend was a big baseball player
back in high school
He could throw that speedball by you
Make you look like a fool boy
Saw him the other night at this roadside bar
I was walking in, he was walking out
We went back inside sat down had a few drinks
but all he kept talking about was
Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

mretrade

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":216q9dva said:
Nah, it's more about being obsessed with HFA and winning a Super Bowl and the 49ers being in the way of those things. Your organization was great in the '80s and early '90s and has two good years recently. They were mediocre-to-bad for the first thirty or so years, then Eddie DeBartolo did some shady stuff and they were bad for another decade.

So, while the Niners did have great success in the '80s with an all-timer coach, QB, WR, and hell, let's throw FS and FB in there too, it's not like we want to live up to the organization, which has been more bad than good in its history.

This is not a knock on the 49er organization; just a correction of your understanding of Seahawk fans' motivations for focusing on the 49ers so much.

The 49ers have a great organization right now

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
mretrade":16ei5xo0 said:
Except I follow the Seahawks a lot closer than the Cardinals since I grew up on Mercer Island and all my friends are Seahawk fans

I am as die hard as they get.

I even was in the third row wearing a 49ers jersey behind the bench at Qwest for this game and I stayed the entire game.

I have been a 49er fan since birth.

So born in 1988 from Mercer Island.... how exactly were you instantly a niner fan? A place over 800 miles away, with a home town team that plays 4 miles away? :roll:

Let's be honest, your childhood Seahawks of the 90's were the dark era of Seahawks football, a bunch of 7-9, 6-10, and even a 2-14 season. While the niners were enjoying success, any where from 10-6 to 14-2....even a SB in 94'

While all your friends at school, and most likely family were Seahawks fans, you were the douche kid who jumped on the whiner bandwagon and never got off. Hitting close to home?

Oh yea, you're diehard all right. Diehard bandwagon. :snack:

BuddyRyans46

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1j51uvwf said:
mretrade":1j51uvwf said:
Except I follow the Seahawks a lot closer than the Cardinals since I grew up on Mercer Island and all my friends are Seahawk fans

I even was in the third row wearing a 49ers jersey behind the bench at Qwest for this game and I stayed the entire game.

So born in 1988 from Mercer Island.... how exactly were you instantly a niner fan? A place over 800 miles away, with a home town team that plays 4 miles away? :roll:

Let's be honest, your childhood Seahawks of the 90's were the dark era of Seahawks football, a bunch of 7-9, 6-10, and even a 2-14 season. While the niners were enjoying success, any where from 10-6 to 14-2....even a SB in 94'

While all your friends at school, and most likely family were Seahawks fans, you were the douche kid who jumped on the whiner bandwagon and never got off. Hitting close to home?

twisted steel, I actually have to stick up for a second for the Niner troll, if you might indulge me for a moment? :0190l:

60niners

Reaction score
Man this board got real ugly now that our teams are playing each other this week. When it was just football talk things were relatively civil, now browsing the forum I see little analysis and tons of bickering and pissing matches.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Love seeing the Niner fans get all defensive in a post like this. I guess I'd be too if my coach and qb came off like such pricks in interviews. And before anyone says anything about this being how they deal with the rival media. This is exactly how both are with the national and local Bay Area media. Today wasn't the first I'd ever head of how Harbaugh and CK deal with the media. Harbaugh is well documented in his disregard for the media. The Bay Area beat writers can't stand him. And it only makes sense that CK is following his mentor's lead in this regard. Niner fans can lap it up all they want, saying how it's just like Belichick, blah blah. But at the end of the day, the two guys who represent their team are massive pricks to the media. Don't give two craps about it, that's cool. Your call. If I were you I'd be the exact same. But as your #1 rival, we can most certainly point and laugh at such a thing. As far as how they deal with the media, Harbs and CK are Tool Time. All you guys need is Tim Allen.

Go Hawks.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":36311rys said:
mretrade":36311rys said:

I hate to cut in, but while I've disagreed with everything mretrade has said to this point, he's seriously being attacked repeatedly in this thread for originally stating his opinion. He's entitled to his opinion, and everyone is welcome to discuss it, but it's time to cut down on the attitudes in this thread. Not pointing at you directly, twisted_steel2, just making my observation.

mretrade

Reaction score
BuddyRyans46":13t2d8uf said:
twisted_steel2":13t2d8uf said:
mretrade":13t2d8uf said:

twisted steel, I actually have to stick up for a second for the Niner troll, if you might indulge me for a moment? :0190l:

Wow I was 6 in the SB in 1994. You really think I knew what was going on? You are so off base. I became a 49er fan before I knew what the seahawks were. Go attack someone else.

I got a card out of a quarter machine at a sports card store when I was really young and started holding on to it like little kids hold on to things. I slowly became obsessed with the team even through the dark years I was as strong of a fan knowing that someday it would all be worth it.

If I was a bandwagoner, I would not have survived the 2-14 days...

mretrade

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":11mbincq said:
twisted_steel2":11mbincq said:
mretrade":11mbincq said:

I hate to cut in, but while I've disagreed with everything mretrade has said to this point, he's seriously being attacked repeatedly in this thread for originally stating his opinion. He's entitled to his opinion, and everyone is welcome to discuss it, but it's time to cut down on the attitudes in this thread. Not pointing at you directly, twisted_steel2, just making my observation.

Thank you

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Ok ok, am I being rough on him? Yep.

A visiting niner fan coming in here and talking is one thing, they are entitled to their opinion, as I am. I've always been civil.

But this ''I was born 4 miles from the Kingdome, but yet I was born a niner fan, I'm so hardcore!" :shock: Whatever, get out of here with that. I saw right through it.

Yea, I found that really obnoxious. He didn't have to share all that with us, but he did. And I commented on it with my opinion.

mretrade

Reaction score
You still have to follow the rules of the board no matter who I am.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
mretrade":27s5vku4 said:
Wow I was 6 in the SB in 1994. You really think I knew what was going on? You are so off base. I became a 49er fan before I knew what the seahawks were. Go attack someone else.

I got a card out of a quarter machine at a sports card store when I was really young and started holding on to it like little kids hold on to things. I slowly became obsessed with the team even through the dark years I was as strong of a fan knowing that someday it would all be worth it.

If I was a bandwagoner, I would not have survived the 2-14 days...

You grew up 6 miles away from where the Seahawks play their home games your entire life and you're a 49ers fan?

You disgust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts