Call for media obligations scripts for BeastMode fun

olyfan63

Reaction score
Please... no more BS discussion of whether Marshawn should or shouldn't--he is contractually required to. He needs to find a way to be a big boy. Now, given that he must "meet his media obligations", there's nothing that says he can't add, "...and have fun in the process." to those obligations. So, how can Marshawn have some fun, yank the reporters chains, say nothing, meet his media obligations, "and have fun in the process"?

Is Marshawn a big boy? Can Marshawn develop increasingly effective ways of handling himself if he doesn't want to talk to those big, bad, evil ole reporters? Well, maybe he just needs some more creative strategies.

Personally, I would love to see Marshawn hire a comedy writer spokesperson, to accompany him to all unwanted press sessions. I mean, there have to be a TON of comedy writers in the Seattle area who would work for $100,000 or less per season, to be Marshawn's press secretary and interview companion.

OPTION 1: SWAMI SIDEKICK INTERVIEW
I think it would work like this: Marshawn, with his press secretary dressed as a swami, complete with turban, robe, crystal ball, Russian accent, etc. is available for the media. Reporter asks question: "Marshawn, did it seem to you like their defense got tired in the second half?" Marshawn turns to his swami press secretary, who whispers an answer in his ear. Marshawn turns back to the reporter, and replies, "Maybe. In 1989, year of the snake, many of their defense born. Snakes become less graceful when tired. Thank you for asking."

"Marshawn, on that long run where Patrick Petersen grabbed at the ball and missed tackling you at the sideline, what was going through your mind, what did you do that helped you break the tackle and stay in bounds?"
Lynch turns to his Swami, gets answer whispered in ear, turns back: "Maybe. Attack occurred at 33 yard line. 33 is a unfavorable number for attackers unless in 3's. 2 will be unsuccessful there. Thank you for asking."

OPTION 2: MAGIC 8-BALL INTERVIEW
If it turns out the NFL has rules that players can't have a human advisor with them, well then it's magic-8-ball time, and pull-string-talking-Barbie time.
Reporter: "...Marshawn, what did you do that helped you break the tackle and stay in bounds?"
Marshawn: (consults 8 ball) "As I see it, yes. Thank you for asking."

Reporter: "Marshawn, did it seem to you like their defense got tired in the second half?"
Marshawn: (consults 8 ball) "Most likely. Thank you for asking."

OPTION 3: TALKING BARBIE INTERVIEW
Reporter: "...Marshawn, what did you do that helped you break the tackle and stay in bounds?"
Marshawn: (pulls Barbie string, listens) "Stacey and I are having tea. Thank you for asking."

Reporter: "Marshawn, did it seem to you like their defense got tired in the second half?"
Marshawn: (pulls Barbie string, listens) "I have a date tonight. Thank you for asking."

OPTION 4: RUSSELL WILSON PLATITUDE FLASHCARDS (QB ARMBAND) INTERVIEW
Credit: SnoCoHawk, this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=105548
Russell should write him up some platitude flash cards that he can read from:
-Every week is a championship opportunity.
-One game at a time.
-We're just playing for each other.
-They're a great team, I expect a competitive game.
-All the credit goes to my teammates.
So Marshawn has a QB "plays" armband made, with RW's quotes on them, and puts this on after games.

Marshawn: (Closes eyes, stabs finger randomly on RW quotes armband) "Maybe. All the credit goes to my teammates. Thank you for asking."

Marshawn: (Closes eyes, stabs finger randomly on RW quotes armband) "Maybe. Every week is a championship opportunity. Thank you for asking."

SUMMARY
Now, it's important to keep this stuff fresh. Magic 8 ball one week, Talking Barbie the second week, Tarot Cards the week after, Talking Ninja Turtles after that, maybe a rotating set of themes.

I think that would be a helluva lot more fun for everyone, meet Marshawn's media obligation, and give him a few more tools and opportunities to mess with the reporters, without coming across as sullen, unfriendly, etc.

What do you say, Marshawn? There are hundreds of under-employed comedy writers in Seattle, practically holding their breath, waiting for your call. (P.S. For a reasonable fee, no more than 1% of your annual salary, I would be happy to perform this service for you.)

CALL FOR ADDITIONAL MATERIAL FROM THE .NET COMICS-WANNABE CREW
Anybody other comedy guys out there got some good routines, characters or answers for Marshawn, to help cope with his media obligations?

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
OPTION 5: CARDBOARD SEAHAWKS PLAYER/BOBBLEHEAD/MINI-ME INTERVIEW (RICHARD SHERMAN)
Marshawn brings a cardboard cutout, bobblehead doll, or mini-me doll of another Seahawks player or coach to the interview, with a cheat sheet of players favorite/memorable quotes printed on it.

Marshawn: (consults Richard Sherman bobblehead) "Maybe. I'm better at life than you. Thank you for asking."

Marshawn: (consults Richard Sherman bobblehead) "Maybe. When you throw a sorry receiver out there, that's what you're going to get. Mediocre. Thank you for asking."

OPTION 6: CARDBOARD ROGER GOODELL INTERVIEW
Source: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/autho ... ell_2.html, with my adaptations of selected quotes
Marshawn brings a cardboard cutout, bobblehead doll, or mini-me doll of Roger Goodell to the interview, with a cheat sheet of Goodell's favorite/memorable quotes printed on it.

Marshawn: (consults Goodell cutout) "Maybe. I have to make a lot of decisions that aren't in the best interests of defenders, whether they be linebackers, safeties, or defensive linemen. Thank you for asking."

Marshawn: (consults Goodell cutout) "Maybe. I don't expect to try to get defenders to like everything I do. I want them to respect what I do. Thank you for asking."

Marshawn: (consults Goodell cutout) "Maybe. You know that I'm always a proponent of doing things differently. Thank you for asking."

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Seems like he's having fun trolling the media with his one word answers. Also, couldn't this have gone in the other threads about Marshawn and the media? He's fulfilling his obligations with his trolled responses already

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
The other threads were about whether Marshawn should, or shouldn't, is the NFL evil, is Goodell evil, and lots of other kinds of stuff mixed in. I stole the "Russell Wilson platitude flash cards" interview quotes from one of those threads (and credited), but that was the only actual "interview material" in that 4-page thread.

What I wanted here was a collection of ideas and material that would be funny to see Marshawn using and we could see him doing, in character, and pulling off. It would be an absolute riot if he actually wound up using some of this stuff. We get Sherman doing an interview with a cardboard cutout of Doug Baldwin, and it's hilarious. I bet Beastmode could do that in his own way too.

The point of this thread was to generate some interview material that Marshawn could, in theory, use, and have a little fun with it.

Oh yeah. The Goodell Cutout interview is the best. Marshawn: "I have to make a lot of decisions that aren't in the interests of defensive players."

Seahawk

Reaction score
I vote for option #4
He only needs 5 quote-cards that he can shuffle through and pick one for each media question.
It doesn't matter if he uses the same quote-card for multiple questions.
I want to see him pause on a card and feign some thought and then go to the next card and read it for the reply.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He should create interview quote cards and market them to raise funds for his foundation. He could include them in a pack with some sort of signature card.

Meeker

Reaction score
olyfan63":2mswfnef said:
OPTION 2: MAGIC 8-BALL INTERVIEW
If it turns out the NFL has rules that players can't have a human advisor with them, well then it's magic-8-ball time, and pull-string-talking-Barbie time.
Marshawn: (consults 8 ball) "As I see it, yes. Thank you for asking."

Marshawn: (consults 8 ball) "Most likely. Thank you for asking."

Bobby Boucher type responses would be hilarious...but this wouldn't be bad either :lol:

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Or a "spin the wheel" divided into 8 "slices" with 8 different replies.

Ask a question ...

ML spins.. it stops at ....

and so on.

?

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
tom sawyer":33syvdl2 said:
Or a "spin the wheel" divided into 8 "slices" with 8 different replies.

Ask a question ...

ML spins.. it stops at ....

and so on.

?

that is funny as shit....

my suggested 8 selections

“yeh”
“I am thankful”
“thank you for asking”
“maybe”
[a homage to Bill who gets away with what ML does not https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVi1I6YT2j0 ]
“but we are on to Cincinnati"
"next question"
"just wait a minute"
"can you turn the music down"

[yes, i am not sure why BB gets away with this...but ML does not....anyone from the other thread? i have my reasons]