Head shots and everybody whining about it.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
When I see head shots, its mainly because of a QB forcing a ball and hanging his WR's out to dry.
Yeah it's easy for a defender to ring the bell of a receiver.
They won't have to deal with them for the rest of the day.
All for a 15 yard penalty? That's and easy decision.

QB's do thousands of reps and usually know when they are risking the health of a pass catcher.

Folks just don't talk about that side of it enough.

dusktreader

Reaction score
There is a stark difference between a defender making a hit to try to knock the ball out and a defender taking a cheap shot at a guy's head after the ball is clearly out and incomplete. Both the hits on Harvin were egregious and showed that the Saints, who I liked as a team before yesterday, were deliberately trying to injure Harvin.

OP
OP
TheHawkster

TheHawkster

Reaction score
folks, thats EXACTLY what this is about.
Your instant reaction was that defenders are at fault.

I'm not just talking about this team or the past few weeks.
This is the NFL forum.
QB's have track records of certain styles of throwing and where they hit receivers on routes.
Teams gameplan against it.

Next time someone gets blasted, don't just automatically get pissed at a defender.
QB's hang their receivers out to dry a fair amount of the time and give 'em the chance.
Its simple x's and o's

253hawk

Reaction score
Blasting a WR I have no problem with. Helmet to helmet? Chump better get his ass fined/suspended appropriately. Especially after he goes and high-fives his buddies and coach and laughs about a blatant headshot he was just penalized for.

Screw the Saints.

http://gfycat.com/TameBitterGreyhounddog

11894208825_1541ccb50d_o.gif

11895213215 9e0654e708 o

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
What pissed me off was the dude celebrating an illegal hit and his coach congratulating him.

The one play only. When Bush smashed Tate that was a man hit and we would rejoice if Kam came in and knocked Colston stupid.

As far as Percy getting hit in the endzone? Legal play, hard hit and Percy had to have cobwebs from not playing and getting a concussion.

Quit whining. We have been knocking the crap out of wide receivers for years. The Niners will try and intimidate Tate, and Kam will be back there trying to knock the shit out of Crabtree. This is playoff football.

253hawk

Reaction score
The second gif is just illustrating how reckless and unnecessary that tackle was, even though it was legal. The ball is completely out of play and Harvin is falling backwards defenseless, but Jenkins has to come in with his forearm anyway.

And whoever the scumbag was that ripped off Baldwin's helmet after he couldn't strip the ball out.

Axx

Reaction score
the first one should have been flagged, the 2nd hit was kinda cheap.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
253hawk":11wtt1oc said:
Blasting a WR I have no problem with. Helmet to helmet? Chump better get his ass fined/suspended appropriately. Especially after he goes and high-fives his buddies and coach and laughs about a blatant headshot he was just penalized for.

F*** the Saints.

http://gfycat.com/TameBitterGreyhounddog

11894208825_1541ccb50d_o.gif

11895213215 9e0654e708 o

It's football, it's not supposed to be nice.

On the first one, if Bush gets there a split second sooner, he hits Harvin at the 20 yd line and connects right in the chest as Harvin reaches for the ball, and it's a great defensive play.

These things happen too fast.

I don't want db's that hesitate.

253hawk

Reaction score
The first one was flagged immediately for hitting a defenseless receiver. That's what makes Bush going to the bench and getting praised for it so sick, more so since the game was stopped for an injury timeout. Classless.

Take your 'ifs' and cram them. It was an obvious headshot, intentional or not. Third damn play on the first series and Bush celebrated it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Golden Tate said that Russell does not hang him out to dry. Other QBs aren't quite they smart, so they need tough wrs like Boldin. Otherwise players like vd end up with a concussion on a legal hit.

You could tell though that NO dbs were reverting to their old ways by the celebrating going on on the sidelines. I how the NFL investigates and fines the hell out of them.

chris98251

Reaction score
First one blatent as well as second, watch the Siants DB he doesn't even look at the ball and has about 2 steps to lay up, he props his forearm for contact and then follows thru with his shoulder to Harvins head.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
How about this one? Dude twists DB helmet off, knowing hes out of bounds and already down

ku-xlarge.gif

Laloosh

Reaction score
On that second gif, Harvin just needs to learn how to fall w/out getting into an awkward position. I think he tried to high point the ball at the wrong spot (1-2 yards deeper into the end zone and that's a TD).

He's just rusty, he needs to get his body into a decent posture to take the landing and/or the hit.

253hawk

Reaction score
The second one was where Russell scrambled around for 8 seconds and receivers were just freestyling routes in the end zone to get open.

Reaction score
Yeah I just completely disagree with the OP. To say teams game plan against qb's who hang their wide outs to dry is a bit of a reach. No way is that safety thinking that when RW let that ball fly that Percy was getting hung out to dry. He is making a play and imo a cheap shot at that...that was the original game plan. The one where DB gets he helmet ripped off is just straight bs. I love how DB just straight dissed him when they got up!

Axx

Reaction score
Killa Kam":r3axtxoo said:
How about this one? Dude twists DB helmet off, knowing hes out of bounds and already down

ku-xlarge.gif

Totally not intentionally at all..... i wonder if that scum Payton decided to bring the bounty program back in because he was too butt hurt about the most embarrassing lost of his career.

Exittium

Reaction score
Too bad after the challenge they didn't call a penalty on white's a$$ for what he did with Baldwin. Lets face it we all know they didn't game plan for anything. They knew what they were going to do when they came up here and they made it more then obvious. (Truth to be told Baldwin got it pretty easy, think everyone else was in one way or another for our WR's hiding a concussion. Tate blinking and missing everything afterwards. Harvin Out, Lynch .. well he's beast mode. Kearse, did he even play?) Aside from that how can you game plan when your HC is busy, Painting the fields, blowing out speakers, changing Gatorade colors, changing pants colors, blocking Kiro7 Seattle on twitter.. Anything else I miss? /

What little respect I did have was lost. And If my kid was on his sons football team he helps coach I'd pull him because I'd want my kid to learn Sportsmanship, Not how to ruin end the career and livelihood of someone doing the same thing you are.

kigenzun

Reaction score
Hmmm... Hey wait OP... isn't the Saints head coach Sean Payton, the same Sean Payton, THAT WAS JUST SUSPENDED BY THE LEAGUE FOR AN ENTIRE SEASON FOR THIS EXACT SAME ISSUE??? Hmmm... what year was that suspension again? Oh wait... wasn't it last year??? And isn't it true this same dirty business has been going on in New Orleans since like uh, at least the 2010 NFC Championship vs. The Vikings and Brett Favre? OP---Did Favre hang himself out to dry with late, high throws??? Because thats the last time I saw the Saints rolling like this. To injure. The opposing teams star players. On purpose. In a playoff game.

"On March 21, 2012, Payton was suspended for the entire 2012 NFL season, originally set to take effect April 1, 2012, as a result of his alleged involvement in the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal, under which "bounties" were allegedly paid for contact that would "knock out" targeted players on opposing teams. Payton has denied that any program encouraging Saints players to injure opposing players ever existed, even though the NFL claims their evidence proves otherwise.Assistant coach Joe Vitt stated "We had a pay to perform program, just like many NFL teams do, but there was never a bounty program, we didn't ever encourage a pay-to-injure program. That's just not true. We never crossed the line."

Uh... yeah right!

At some point "tough football" becomes ice hockey hooliganism--and it ruins the sport... The Saints have willingly crossed that line more than a few times and it could have gotten real ugly if the Hawks had gone head hunting on Saints players (ieDrew Brees) the entire 2nd half. aka ROLLERBALL... But, they didn't, which says a lot about this Seahawks team. Of our higher goals, our own tough style of clean play, and OUR CHAMPIONSHIP POISE.

Bottomline:
IMHO
Being high fived and patted on the back by the coaches on the bench, instead of being taken aside and yelled at for taking a bad penalty that hurt the team and led to points, means its gameplan not coincidence. Geez!

YOU CAN DO IT!!! RISE ABOVE IT!!! TWO MORE WINS!!! GO HAWKS!!! :th2thumbs:

British Hawk

Reaction score
The head shot on Harvin was disgraceful. There is playing physical then there is playing downright dangerously.

I suspect Mr Bush will be hearing from the League real soon.