Head shots and everybody whining about it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
British Hawk":3kp6bz0r said:
The head shot on Harvin was disgraceful. There is playing physical then there is playing downright dangerously.

I suspect Mr Bush will be hearing from the League real soon.

this is what people are really missing...

This is a huge deal for this league. We underscore it, maybe even ignore it as fans. But the head injuries to NFL players is a serious, serious issue. not just for the present, and theyve paid off the past. the future of this game is hinging on fixing this problem.

Goodell knows it. They have been working hard at the youth level to introduce the game in a more positive, less risky light, but are struggling. Youth football numbers are dropping dramatically.

To suggest "this is football" or "this is PLAYOFF football" ignores what a big deal this is becoming.

this might be hyperbole (probably is) but if there is not a sudden decrease in head injuries the NFL as a league is in trouble.

Now.. for the hits... the two on Harvin were targets. It really cant be denied. I wont go as far as saying they were trying to knock him out of the game. but they were trying to outhit the Seahawks everywhere

willyum

Reaction score
OP is right, why isnt anyone talking about how terrible that throw was on that first hit on Harvin? A defender shaded inside of Harvin and another coming from the same direction, and Russell puts the ball on his inside shoulder rather than towards Percys outside. He led Harvin right into that hit when he could have led him away from it.

hawker84

Reaction score
willyum":2zqvxfsv said:
OP is right, why isnt anyone talking about how terrible that throw was on that first hit on Harvin? A defender shaded inside of Harvin and another coming from the same direction, and Russell puts the ball on his inside shoulder rather than towards Percys outside. He led Harvin right into that hit when he could have led him away from it.

So a bad throw vendicates a dirty malicious hit? Sorry but this post and it's general philosophy is garbage.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1x3z37zu said:
I didn't realize that defenders had zero choice whether to lower their helmet or not.

Probably could have gone for the knees, but not sure many would like that option either.

willyum

Reaction score
hawker84":c17qvl81 said:
willyum":c17qvl81 said:

So a bad throw vendicates a dirty malicious hit? Sorry but this post and it's general philosophy is garbage.

No, I never said that it "vendicates" a dirty hit I said it could have been avoided, to the left of Harvin was open, no defenders, space to catch the ball. Edited for attacking poster by chris98251

Latest posts