Chargers to win the Super Bowl?

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
What do the Stealers, Saints, Packers, Giants and Ravens have in common?

There were the last five Super Bowl champs.

What else do they have in common? The year they each won the Super Bowl, they were the Eagles first home game during the regular season.

Who was the Eagle's first home game this season? The Chargers.

Coincidence, you say?

Well ... the Chargers got into this postseason on a missed penalty. Also, when they went to play up in freezing cold Cinci last week, the weather actually got warm for the day they were there.

I love the Seahawks and believe they will get to the big game, but ... I shudder if they have to face the Chargers. If Denver doesn't show up on Sunday, I'm preparing for the Rapture.

bellingerga

Reaction score
2402029-8387291288-13632.jpg

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Men In Black told me to tell you they want their Illuminati Club Membership card back.

mikeak

Reaction score
The Chargers almost missed the playoffs because of an incorrectly called penalty in their game against Denver. They were called for going over the Center when the guy went on the side. It gave Denver 7 pts instead of 3 and was a huge part of why Denver came back.

So I don't want to hear it about how they got in because of a missed penalty

and no - they won't beat NE. They may beat Denver. They would also not beat 49ers, Panthers or Seattle (even though their first drive against us in preaseason against starters was really impressive). They may beat the saints but they won't be in the superbowl

OP
OP
StorytellerMatt

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
mikeak":b2mlnstg said:
The Chargers almost missed the playoffs because of an incorrectly called penalty in their game against Denver. They were called for going over the Center when the guy went on the side. It gave Denver 7 pts instead of 3 and was a huge part of why Denver came back.

So I don't want to hear it about how they got in because of a missed penalty

and no - they won't beat NE. They may beat Denver. They would also not beat 49ers, Panthers or Seattle (even though their first drive against us in preaseason against starters was really impressive). They may beat the saints but they won't be in the superbowl

Hope you're right, man. I freaking hate those guys! Hope Phil Rivers chokes on his bolo.

mikeak

Reaction score
well as an NC State grad I am most definately pulling for Rivers like I pulled for the Holt brothers, Koren Robinson and all our other alumni :) and yes that includes RW

Exittium

Reaction score
Hmm.. Shouldn't this be in the NFL section?

snackdaddy

Reaction score
Exittium":26b4nlep said:
Hmm.. Shouldn't this be in the NFL section?

Might be a good thread after the NFC title game. Hawks facing a 9-7 team chosen by destiny. 8)

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Hate to say it but the Chargers do seem to carry the traits of "that" team that surprises everyone and wins it all.

* They got hot at the end of the year
* They have been playing "playoff games" since well before the start of the post-season
* They have a good QB, but they can run the ball with the best of them
* They have a good pass rush
* They have a crappy regular season record

These are the characteristics "that" team tends to have...

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":2w9n31yc said:
What do the Stealers, Saints, Packers, Giants and Ravens have in common?

There were the last five Super Bowl champs.

What else do they have in common? The year they each won the Super Bowl, they were the Eagles first home game during the regular season.

Who was the Eagle's first home game this season? The Chargers.

Coincidence, you say?

Well ... the Chargers got into this postseason on a missed penalty. Also, when they went to play up in freezing cold Cinci last week, the weather actually got warm for the day they were there.

I love the Seahawks and believe they will get to the big game, but ... I shudder if they have to face the Chargers. If Denver doesn't show up on Sunday, I'm preparing for the Rapture.

Already been posted.

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
Largent80":evprw5be said:
Chargers are my 2nd fav. team, I hope they kick Denvers ass.

Mine too, mainly because Rivers is one crazy mofo.

I listened to him call into a radio show and thought it had to be someone pretending to be him.

Phillip Rivers on a mobile calls into the show to talk about the Chargers wildcard win over the Bengals

http://www.sports790.com/media/podcast- ... -24147020/

sutz

Reaction score
The NFL would 'love' two west coast teams in the Super Bowl in Jersey. :laugh:

But I could dig it.

mikeak

Reaction score
Mandu":od4ufgu2 said:
Largent80":od4ufgu2 said:
Chargers are my 2nd fav. team, I hope they kick Denvers ass.

Mine too, mainly because Rivers is one crazy mofo.

I listened to him call into a radio show and thought it had to be someone pretending to be him.

Phillip Rivers on a mobile calls into the show to talk about the Chargers wildcard win over the Bengals

http://www.sports790.com/media/podcast- ... -24147020/

LOL

8-9 kids
little hobbit
midget

Funny stuff. Yeah Rivers is crazy :D

Vpk0718

Reaction score
The first game of the season was delayed half an hour by thunder. It's obviously a sign.

Good thing not even fate can defeat the Seahawks. We'll take em down in February :D

Shock2k

Reaction score
San Diego had to overcome the highest Strength of Schedule in the AFC and had the highest Strength of Victory in the AFC (by far at .549).

San Diego could easily upset any team in the playoffs. Honestly I feel like Denver is going to get exposed. If not in the AFC, they are going to get pummeled by the NFC.

SF49r

Reaction score
Well I guess if the chargers make it to the afc championship while we both do then Ill be rooting for the niners to lose cause I sure as hell dont wanna lose another superbowl.