Seahawks Hair/Beard Paint Advice

hooked82

Reaction score
So I've got my Seahawks Super Bowl beard (Haven't shaved since 11/25/12 (Loss to Dolphins) and won't shave till we win a super bowl) and I will be spiking it and painting it blue and green with a gray mustache, but trying to figure out what the best hair/beard paint is? I'm thinking that it would be best if it wouldn't run when it rains and I'd like it to be the correct colors, or somewhere near them.

Does anybody here paint their hair for gameday and have any suggestions?

Go Hawks

Kixkahn

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: How about paint your finger and toe nails blue and green. :sarcasm_off: I know painting the nails is a woman thing. I know my toes are Hawks colors.

muxpux

Reaction score
i once asked a friend who is a hair stylist about bleaching my beard to better accept color, and she said they make bleaching kits for "sensitive" areas. which is highly recommended after i once likely killed millions of brain cells when using hair dye to dye my beard...the fumes are brutal. theres a reason they make beard dye.

as for colors, im guessing spray color, or semi permanent dye is your best bet. the semi will stick around a while (not great if you need it out the next day) but i dont believe they make funky colors in a more permanent way. i have colored my hair basically every color, but always started with a bleached base so the color is more vivid.

i used a lot of this stuff...

http://www.manicpanic.biz/store/c/36-Hair-Color.aspx

OP
OP
H

hooked82

Reaction score
muxpux":2cahyzo2 said:
i once asked a friend who is a hair stylist about bleaching my beard to better accept color, and she said they make bleaching kits for "sensitive" areas. which is highly recommended after i once likely killed millions of brain cells when using hair dye to dye my beard...the fumes are brutal. theres a reason they make beard dye.

as for colors, im guessing spray color, or semi permanent dye is your best bet. the semi will stick around a while (not great if you need it out the next day) but i dont believe they make funky colors in a more permanent way. i have colored my hair basically every color, but always started with a bleached base so the color is more vivid.

i used a lot of this stuff...

http://www.manicpanic.biz/store/c/36-Hair-Color.aspx

Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I'm not looking to bleach it or do anything permanent, but I also don't want it running all over my jersey when it's raining this weekend. I know that it won't be as vibrant as my beard is dark brown, but I'm fine with that.

I was just looking at the Manic Panic stuff and was curious if you think this will stay pretty well in wet conditions.

muxpux

Reaction score
dunno about the gel, since its pretty much colored hair gel, i know the regular dye will stay, but it will also stay in the hair longer, though not sure how well it will show in dark brown hair. most hair dye is designed to be at least semi-permanent, meaning it will stay in for multiple washes. im pretty sure anything that is temporary (spray, the gel) will wash out with rain.

at the stadium (touchdown city) they do beard painting prior to games for free, and they just comb on the spray stuff.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Use a plural component, aliphatic urethane and thin it 10% with a urethane reducer. Epoxy lacks the elongation properties of urethanes and polyureas. You don't want a brittle blue beard.

Expensive at about $150 per gallon, but a gallon should do about 200 beards and you'll never have to do the same beard twice. So get some buds to chip in on the gallon. Party on.

OP
OP
H

hooked82

Reaction score
I think that's a little much for what I'm attempting to do, but I will look into it and see if I can get any ideas

OP
OP
H

hooked82

Reaction score
Well this is what I ended up with. Took me a few hours to get it done, but I think it worked out pretty well. The colors are more old school colors, now I gotta find new age Seahawks colors.

Attachments

• Beard_Paint.jpg
    Beard_Paint.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,287

Skilled1

Reaction score
Someone get Aros to post his baby goatee. It was glorious.

muxpux

Reaction score
hooked82":ppnvdlxv said:
Well this is what I ended up with. Took me a few hours to get it done, but I think it worked out pretty well. The colors are more old school colors, now I gotta find new age Seahawks colors.

nice! what did you end up using?