Who do you root for?

• 49ers

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Packers

Votes: 53 88.3%

• Total voters

QuahHawk

Reaction score
We now know we are facing the Saints in the Divisional round. Now we can sit back and watch SF and GB bang away at each other before one heads on the road to Carolina.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'm rooting for SF. Of the 3 teams left I'd least prefer to play Carolina, and if we do have to play them I'd rather they be coming off a smash mouth rough and tough game against SF leaving them vulnerable traveling across country to an even more physical team. I think the way SF is playing they will beat GB then Carolina and make one of the most memorable and hyped NFC Championships of recent memory.

rsm650

Reaction score
I always root for the underdog in the playoffs (except if it's against us obviously) so I'm rooting for the Packers. Also, we have a better chance of winning against the Packers as opposed to the 49ers because SF's defense could pull an Arizona, no matter how many picks Kaep throws. If we lose to the 49ers at home in the NFCCG, I'm staying off the internet for the whole offseason.

Axx

Reaction score
Go packers. Srs why would any seahawk fan root for the 49ers under any circumstance. There were even a few on this board rooting for them to win the SB last year.

James in PA

Reaction score
Packers of course. While it would be sweet to smack down SF in the NFCCG, I can't root for them today or next week. That said, it wouldn't surprise me to see them win today and win a close one next weekend in Carolina. The NFL would be creaming themselves if they could get SF vs Seattle in the championship game and the NFL usually gets what it wants. Look for some questionable calls in San Francisco's favor next weekend in Carolina.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Reason's I'm rooting for SF

1. It would be NFL's #1 team vs NFL's #2 team and seeing us beat SF in the NCFCG would be the cherry on top of an already amazing season

2. SF will be on it's 4th consecutive road game @ AZ, @ GB, @ CAR, then @ SEA.

3. They will be beat up after the trench battle with Carolina.

4. I don't want to face a healthy and rested Carolina

5. I don't want to get shafted by the NFL and the refs trying to give GB free calls to make up for last years game.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Combine my dislike for the Niners with the fact that my youngest son is a Green Bay fan and Go Packers!

Vpk0718

Reaction score
I want Carolina. Most of the players, including Cam, have never played in the CLink before, they'll be completely overwhelmed in that environment in a championship game. 49ers and Packers would be coming in already knowing the atmosphere and having a bit of confidence having beaten us (or "beaten us" in Green Bay's case, but they would come in pissed off and ready to play). Cam would crumble. And as shown by their recent games against New Orleans, they're not the same team on the road.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Death to both teams honestly.

But if you held me up and I HAD to choose, reluctantly I'd choose the whiney ass team from Wisconsin.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I'd like to see a rematch of the fail mary game to shut up those f-ing cheeseheads

Axx

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":3udwioho said:
I'd like to see a rematch of the fail mary game to shut up those f-ing cheeseheads
Oh yes. I want gb for this reason.

amill87

Reaction score
Something I haven't seen brought up is what if it was the Niners that beat us in the championship game? Is that worth the satisfaction of beating them or would losing to them be the worst possible feeling in the entire playoffs?

Personally, I think the niners are the team we don't want. No one will care who we beat on the way to the Super Bowl. If we did pull it off, it's not like in 5 years people will say "but you didn't play the niners so it doesn't mean as much".

I want the best match ups to win the games. Screw pride and bragging rights, those will come if we win the Super Bowl. So I want Green Bay, Carolina, than San Fran.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
After the way the vast majority of 9er fans conducted themselves on this forum, I do not want their team to win.

And they're a division rival! I refuse.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think GB would be the weakest of the 3 teams, their Defense is terrible, but realistically I think they will get destroyed by SF and CAR. Seeing I don't want to play Carolina. I can only hope SF can win two more road games.

IF GB does pull it off vs SF I'll be rooting for them as that would make for an easy NFCCG. The only way GB beats us at the Clink is if the Refs hand Aaron Rodges an NFL golden child penalty after penalty in his teams favor.

If we go all conspiracy theory here, The NFL would rather have us than Carolina even though they love marekting Cam Newton.

dbmack

Reaction score
I never root for the 49ers. Ever. mr dbmack will be rooting for them though.