The Super Bowl date can be changed

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
The NFL said its highly unlikely--but--
Just heard on sports center the game could be changed to Saturday, Monday or Tuesday in case of a really bad storm.

Throwdown

Reaction score
They really should've thought about going to NY in Feb long and hard before they went with the go ahead. They knew the risks.

JonRud

Reaction score
This will all turn out to be much ado about nothing. It will end up being a cold, clear 25 degrees at kickoff with 5-10 mph winds.

All this panic about snow, blizzards & such is going to be turn out to be wasted energy.

Jonathan the Weatherman

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I hope it turns into a crazy snowpocalypse. We have the team to withstand anything Mother Nature can throw at us.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Does anybody know when or if a SB has ever not been played on a Sunday? I can't think of one. Or if one has been changed last minute?
Curious and lazy.

jblaze

Reaction score
A lot of people are pissed about it being in NJ. It's all about money, the league is trying to help the Giants get out of debt from the stadium.

John Clayton had a really good piece on it on 710 yesterday.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jblaze":fwvp74j9 said:
A lot of people are hoping it's a terrible blizzard and affects the game negatively so it'll never happen again. Owners, GM's, coaches, etc.

I sure hope not. Did anybody see the Eagles vs. Lions game? What a mess.

I wouldn't mind a little weather, because that would help the Hawks I think if we get to the SB. But a total whiteout storm? That's not good for anybody.

I also wouldn't mind it being moved to Saturday, cause it means more time to recover from my hangover. In fact, every SB should be on Saturday.

Rickomatic

Reaction score
My thought is that a decision to move the date would have more to do with how the weather would wreck the half time show. IMHO scrapping what has become a boring show of debauchery would be a good thing. The only good thing about the halftime shows of late is it's a convent time to drain the bladder and restock the beer and munches.

JonRud

Reaction score
They should definitely move the Super Bowl to Saturday permanently.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
JonRud":1bvfsk47 said:
They should definitely move the Super Bowl to Saturday permanently.

I agree, I always have to take the next day off work to recover.

253hawk

Reaction score
The league has always had the ability to change the date in case something happens; this is nothing new. MetLife has a plethora of snow-clearing methods at their disposal as well, so it would take the storm of a millennium for the weather to have any impact on the date. Total non-issue blown up by the media.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Throwdown":2schgxg5 said:
They really should've thought about going to NY in Feb long and hard before they went with the go ahead. They knew the risks.

Yeah it's stupid to change the date when you could have avoided the problem altogether by just keeping the SuperBowl how it was before.

If you are going to hype it up as the first "cold/bad weather SuperBowl" then live with the results.

hawk45

Reaction score
If it were any other year I'd say fantastic, I hope it turns into an unmitigated disaster because I think the league was stupid for adding more risk and potential hassle for a game that already seems to be full of hassle and cost for attendees. Yes they always have plans to reschedule, but the difference is that by holding it in a place where weather is a factor you dramatically increase the chances you'll have to use that contingency plan.

Since it's our year to hopefully participate, I pray pray pray that the weather is fine and that our big chance doesn't turn into some weird, disjointed clusterfudge where players get all geared up and then have to wait, and Seafans don't end up being screwed by the game being moved.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JonRud":2uny1mgw said:
This will all turn out to be much ado about nothing. It will end up being a cold, clear 25 degrees at kickoff with 5-10 mph winds.

All this panic about snow, blizzards & such is going to be turn out to be wasted energy.

Jonathan the Weatherman

I agree completely.

Then it will open Pandora's box and every cold-weather city in the country will lobby for a Super Bowl.

Anguish

Reaction score
I can tell you this, I scheduled my trip to Mexico thinking that within the timeframe that I had to work with, Saturday February 1st was the ONLY day that I could be sure the Seahawks would not be playing, so I could be traveling that day and watching the SuperB owl on a beach in paradise. If those plans end up foiled by this stupid shit...

atomic-bomb-o.gif

Throwdown

Reaction score
Anguish":o8q1rsmp said:
I can tell you this, I scheduled my trip to Mexico thinking that within the timeframe that I had to work with, Saturday February 1st was the ONLY day that I could be sure the Seahawks would not be playing, so I could be traveling that day and watching the SuperB owl on a beach in paradise. If those plans end up foiled by this stupid shit...

atomic-bomb-o.gif

I got a big ol party planned for the 2nd cuz it was the day the greatest person ever was born, i was gonna get it poppin that day. Imma be pissed if a SB party is going to ruin my personal David Stern retirement party as well.

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2vevksph said:
jblaze":2vevksph said:
A lot of people are hoping it's a terrible blizzard and affects the game negatively so it'll never happen again. Owners, GM's, coaches, etc.

I sure hope not. Did anybody see the Eagles vs. Lions game? What a mess.

I wouldn't mind a little weather, because that would help the Hawks I think if we get to the SB. But a total whiteout storm? That's not good for anybody.

I also wouldn't mind it being moved to Saturday, cause it means more time to recover from my hangover. In fact, every SB should be on Saturday.

THis is generally wrong imo. Sports finals should always be on sundays (World cup final, Superbowl etc etc) because you never want to have to choose between watching a great final or going to a big party. I know for you americans this would not be an issue with the super bowl, but since UEFA moved the Champions League final to a saturday, it has happened that i have had to chose between a fun party and a great game i really wanna see = not optimal. Sundays are the perfect sports day

mikeak

Reaction score
Someone call the NCAA because in a country with FIVE time-zones they believe Monday when people work is the perfect day

Morons

(Both NCAA football and basketball have Monday as the final day)

Latest posts