Redskins vs. Vikings

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Another lackluster matchup on TNF.

I am always excited to watch AP, and I hope he gets his touches. The rest of that Vikings team has a lot to prove and they're playing a Redskins team that looks to be playing decent football over the last few weeks.

Both team's defenses have been terrible this season. Vikings at 30th with 31.5 points allowed per game and Redskins at 31st with 31.6 points allowed per game. Neither team has an offense to write home about either, ranking 17th and 12th in scoring, respectively.

Which defense will have more stops and what will we see out of RGKnee?

As usual, I'll be in chat for most of the game :p

OP
OP
JGfromtheNW

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Ponder looking terrible already, Mayock ripping on him after the sack and interception on the first drive haha.

Redskins move to the ball to the 1 and stall out. Field goal, Skins up 3-0.

Vikings put together a nice little drive and AP runs the ball in from 18 out. Get's past the first level and it's a foot race to the end zone. 3-7.

After converting on 3rd and 6, Redskins march down the field on a big carry from Alfred Morris and a clever play action WR screen to Garcon goes for an 8 yard touchdown. 10-7.

Vikings drive 73 yards and Ponder (surprisingly) hits Cordarrelle Patterson for a 2 yard TD. 10-14.

The Racistskins answer with an 80 yard drive of their own, and Alfred Morris continues to pound the rock for large chunks of yardage. RGKnee throws a strike to Jordan Reed from 11 yards out while getting blasted and the skins take th lead again. 17-14.

Minny goes 3 and out after a 3 yard run by AP and two incomplete passes. First punt of the game. Only the second possession of the game that hasn't ended with points being scored.

Redskins end up scoring one more touchdown before the end of the half to go up 24-14.

RGKnee and Alfred Morris have been very impressive against a less than stellar defense. Vikings don't seem to have an answer in the first half.

Msfann

Reaction score
Oh look, no flag for spinning the ball after a run. If they are going to throw a flag for it then they should flag it every time and not just when our guys do it.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The Outfield":1jo4y1wn said:
Minnesota's D is soooooooo bad.

Not much more to be said. Griffin is playing well, but they are making it reaaallly easy for him.

Msfann

Reaction score
Neither of these qb's seem to be any good at avoiding contact. I bet rg3 is out of football within the next 2 years because of all the dumb hits he takes.

OrFan

Reaction score
At 14:20 in the 4th, number 66 of the Washington defense should have gotten a 15 yard bad acting penalty.

Msfann

Reaction score
Why does Minnesota keep calling timeouts?? Its not like they are going to drive the field with 20 seconds left if washington scores.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Msfann":2t81usmr said:
Why does Minnesota keep calling timeouts?? Its not like they are going to drive the field with 20 seconds left if washington scores.

Frazier need to be fired. He called that time out as soon as Morris was stopped! At the very least you run as much time as possible off the clock, wait till WAshington lines up, see what they are doing, . Then call time out.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Why do teams run low percentage fade routes on must convert 4th downs...???? So dumb. Run something that makes the defense earn the stop instead of a good chance of the ball falling incomplete

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I didn't watch the game but just saw a replay on NFL network and LOL @ RG3. He tried to do the RW spin back and it looked so awful. Here let me take a shot of it lol

OrFan

Reaction score
-The Glove-":96d2l6s1 said:
[youtube]x4mF3Ji0BPM[/youtube]

You put your right foot in
You put your right foot out
You put your right foot in
And you shake it all about
You do the Hokie Pokie
And you turn yourself around
That's What it's all about

Throwdown

Reaction score
Anyone else get the satisfaction of seeing Meriweather get bucked? You know Mr. I'm targeting knee's? By the poster boy for coming back from an ACL tear?