Week 10 Upsets - What do you think?

drdiags

Reaction score
Here are the lists of games and who Yahoo Pick-em has as favorites. May not reflect gaming lines, not sure:

FavoriteUnderdog
Washington@Vikings
Seahawks@Falcons
Lions@Bears
@PackersEagles
@TitansJacksonville
@ColtsRams
@NY GiantsRaiders
@SteelersBuffalo
@9ersPanthers
@CardinalsHouston
Broncos@Chargers
@SaintsCowboys
Dolphins@Tampa Bay
Bengals@Ravens
[/tr]

Who do you see pulling the upset?

Upsets to date:

Vikings over Skins

Called it:

Smelly McUgly
MANUNITED23
DLcurry59
The Radish

Hedged bet:

DrDiags

Eagles over Packers

Called it:

Hawksfansinceday1
DYLcurry59
Smelly McUgly
Okiehawk
RolandDeschain
Davidonmi

Jaguars over Titans

Called it:

Biff from Back To The Future

Rams over Colts

Called it:

RolandDeschain
12th_Bob

Panthers over 9ers

Called it:

Smelly McUgly
EC Laloosh
MANUNITED23
RolandDeschain
JGfromtheNW
12th_Bob
Sports Hernia
ColtsGuy

Ravens over Bengals

Called it:

DYLcurry59
MANUNITED23
DrDiags

Tampa over Miami

DrDiags
Polaris
E.C Laloosh
DYLcurry59
JGfromtheNW
hawksfansinceday1
davidonmi

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
I picked Cowboys, Bucs and Ravens.

Pick-em in my mind is Vikings and Texans, since Washington and Cardinals are still in the show-me mode for me.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Good news: Carolina will win.

Bad news: So will Atlanta.

I also think that the Vikes can beat that bad Pocahonti defense into submission with AP and that the Eagles now have a good shot at taking out the Packers. Also, don't sleep on TB at home as apparently, they still have not quit.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
drdiags":h7jfaec0 said:
Here are the lists of games and who Yahoo Pick-em has as favorites. May not reflect gaming lines, not sure:

FavoriteUnderdog
Washington@Vikings
Seahawks@Falcons
Lions@Bears
@PackersEagles
@TitansJacksonville
@ColtsRams
@NY GiantsRaiders
@SteelersBuffalo
@9ersPanthers
@CardinalsHouston
Broncos@Chargers
@SaintsCowboys
Dolphins@Tampa Bay
Bengals@Ravens
[/tr]

Who do you see pulling the upset?

My formatting is off, since I originally missed the Bengals vs Ravens.

Eagles, Raiders, Buffalo, Houston.

Packers are hurting right now, and if Foles can pull off another game like the last one it'll be a rout. I was going to pick the Bears as well, but then I remembered how well Megatron did recently...I don't see them stopping him.

Polaris

Reaction score
I'll give you an odd one. Look for Tampa Bay to get off the Schneid.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":jz2tdylq said:
Good news: Carolina will win.

Bad news: So will Atlanta.

I also think that the Vikes can beat that bad Pocahonti defense into submission with AP and that the Eagles now have a good shot at taking out the Packers. Also, don't sleep on TB at home as apparently, they still have not quit.

Blasphemer!!!

I think Percy continues to sit this week. Roddy White returns and ATL shows up for this game. They're in a corner and we've been tempting fate. Our D is tired, playing sloppy and our o-line is still banged up. I think things catch up with us this week.

I think Atlanta, Buffalo, Carolina and Tampa pull off the upsets this week.

I was tempted to pick Houston as well. They are still a talented club but I'm actually pulling for AZ because I like their defense and I like the strength of the NFCW.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Yeah, I hate to pick against us. I don't think Roddy White is even 70% if he plays, to be honest, but we just haven't looked good at all.

There is always the chance that they come out and control the game, though. I don't know what the team's mindset is like at this point.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":iqwue8eb said:
Yeah, I hate to pick against us. I don't think Roddy White is even 70% if he plays, to be honest, but we just haven't looked good at all.

There is always the chance that they come out and control the game, though. I don't know what the team's mindset is like at this point.

I am certainly not happy with the way the team has been playing, but if you DVR'd Sundays game go back and watch just the second half. Re-watching just the second half, without my attitude being skewed by the first half, there were some huge positives. Really, the only negatives worth mentioning were the run defense still being leaky (though improved) and the goal line play calling resulting in the interception. It was really a very entertaining (and reassuring) half of football though, which wasn't my impression on Sunday after watching it live after the first half.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Bitter":1x4e88ri said:
Smelly McUgly":1x4e88ri said:

I am certainly not happy with the way the team has been playing, but if you DVR'd Sundays game go back and watch just the second half. Re-watching just the second half, without my attitude being skewed by the first half, there were some huge positives. Really, the only negatives worth mentioning were the run defense still being leaky (though improved) and the goal line play calling resulting in the interception. It was really a very entertaining (and reassuring) half of football though, which wasn't my impression on Sunday after watching it live after the first half.

I think we need to get lucky. If ATL feeds us a steady diet of Steven Jackson and limits Jacquizz Rodgers' carries, that will be a huge help to us. I think Jackson is just too slow to hit the hole even if it's held for a second or two longer.

It also helps that Roddy White is hurt and Julio Jones isn't playing. Harry Douglas is good, but he isn't Julio Jones.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack this too much except to say that if Seattle comes out, establishes the run, sticks to short passes, and maintains gap responsibilities on defense, they should win...but I'm still shook after the last two weeks, improved second-half play against TB notwithstanding.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Bufallo (if manuel plays), Eagles, Chargers (in a big upset) I'm so close to picking the Falcons but I won't

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I think the most probable upsets are Bucs over Dolphins, Panthers over 9ers and Cowboys over Saints.

I'm gonna streeeeeetch and say the Chargers handle the Broncos at home, too.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I got the Rams, the Bills, and maybe the Panthers pulling the upsets. Panthers might be a stretch considering how awful they looked playing the Cards a few weeks ago but I think they matchup really well against the 9ers.

Bills D underrated, Rams have played good last couple of games, Stacy is a stud.

Axx

Reaction score
I dont you guys understand exactly how bad the falcons are.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Axx":1srg25bn said:

Are they as bad as STL or Tampa? :stirthepot:

Polaris

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2l3oayy7 said:
Axx":2l3oayy7 said:

Are they as bad as STL or Tampa? :stirthepot:

Actually based on recent play, they are quite possibly worse and they definately don't match up nearly as well as either of the prior two.

Tampa Bay if you look at the advanced metrics should be a 3-5 team.

The Radish

Reaction score
I'm thinking

Viks over Wa, I just don't see Washington being even able to get Viks.

And Bears over Lions. Da Bears are on a roll right now even with backup QB.

And on a flyer, Dolts over Bronco since its at Dolts. Broncos are way past due.

Latest posts