Titans vs 9ers

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
I really want the Titans to beat the 49ers, but I have to confess there is a small part of me that wants the 49ers to beat the Titans just to keep our 0-5 post-seattle hangover record intact. How do you feel?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Screw the hangover record. I want to see red tears flowing down faces in San Francisco! Though, at least if the 49ers win, there will be a small upside.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I don't care at all about the "post-Seahawks" record of other teams. Means nothing.

I would dearly love to see the Titans handle the 49ers, though I think that has a really small chance of actually happening. Can't rely on other teams beating the 49ers... just have to keep doing it ourselves.

hawker84

Reaction score
Locker's been cleared for contact, maybe he gets the start.. either way Go Titans!!!!!

The Radish

Reaction score
I'm with Vols, love to see the Tits beat the ninnirs but doubt that's much reality.

Let us not forget that the ninnirs are a damned good team that seems to have righted their ship. And as posted above, we need to just continue winning our games and it won't matter.

A game at Frisco late this year could again have playoff asperations for both teams.

I want someone else to beat New Orleans to cool their dreams of granduer a bit.

:les:

OP
OP
G

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
As it stands right now, we are in complete control of our destiny. If we continue to take care of business, HFA is ours.

Les, I'm pretty sure that a New Orleans loss is going to happen on a Monday night in the near future...

I really want the Titans to win, there's just a part of me that also really likes the perception that playing the Seahawks has post-game, lasting effect. That says something about the physical impact of our team.

Brahn

Reaction score
I want the Titans to win only because it solidifies the NFC West a bit more.

mikeak

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3w1aqz4j said:
If Pickspatrick is still in, I don't hold much hope for that happening.

49ers doesn't have the quality on the Corners that Seahawks does (I know nobody does but they aren't very close). I think Fitz can move the ball on them.......

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Eric Reid is legit, though. He'll close on a couple of those dumb throws that Fitzpatrick puts up there. If I was a betting man, I would put some money on Reid getting at least one pick if not two.

On the flip side, I've come off thinking that this will be an upset special. TEN can't throw the football. They can't run the football. They'll need like two defensive/ST scores to win this game, which they could get because Darius Reynaud is really good at special teams and they have a fierce secondary, but I'm not counting on it.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I want the Niners and us to win out and meet up here for the Championship game, no? (except we beat them at their house in December of course)

Laloosh

Reaction score
I like Tennessee's secondary in this game. Don't like their running game though. I think they've got to rush for 100+ to win this game.

SF 21
TEN 13

Hamhawk

Reaction score
unfortunately the 49ers are usually a good road team,....I just don't see the Titans having enough to beat them,...

mistaowen

Reaction score
Would love to see the Titans win this game. I feel bad for their fans having to deal with Fitzpatrick, when I was younger I was a big Titans fan during the Mcnair/Eddie George days. Their D is for real. Very similar to what we did last year and what the Pats did during their Superbowl runs. Bend but don't break. Arizona's defense is really good and we tore them apart last night besides a few sack/fumbles....our offense looked pedestrian against the Titans.

If Jake can play they have a legit shot at winning this game. He wont turn the ball over and can make things happen with his legs, which RW has done to the 49ers consistently. Maybe Chris Johnson will finally get a hole to run through and break a few huge runs like he used to do.

Realistic game: 49ers 24 Titans 13. Hopefully: Titans 21 49ers 10

Ruminator

Reaction score
el capitan":2feoywxg said:
Why isn't it a 10am start?

Indeed. Now if it were the Seahawks visiting Titans, it would have been scheduled for 10 a.m.

Almost feels like witnessing a corrupt political party finding ways to stuff the ballot box in their favor. If 49ers go far in the playoffs, we'll be able to say they were greatly assisted by the NFL powers that be.

hawk45

Reaction score
I'm just happy the 9er-Tits game is on the local channels. I just have "regular" Comcast cable, no NFL ticket, and every week I pound my fists in impotent frustration as I get AFC games or NFC East games I don't give a fart about, when I would sign up to watch every Niner or Saints game every week. It has been KILLING ME.

In past non-Superbowl years I don't watch all that much NFL football other than the Hawks, so the Sunday ticket thing wasn't all that tempting. In '05 and this year though I Jones for every single game that impacts us even minutely. Maybe time to pony up the cash for the next 7 years huh? :)