Oh Bill Leavy

seabowl

Reaction score
Crew makes the wrong call on a big third down in SF and even Mike Pereira calls him out on national tv.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Guy is a jackass. He has no business reffing even a high school game, yet the NFL has him reffing in the biggest sports league in the world. Amazing. Why wasn't Pereira calling this jackhole out over Super Bowl XL*?

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
SharkHawk":343wyklo said:
Guy is a jackass. He has no business reffing even a high school game, yet the NFL has him reffing in the biggest sports league in the world. Amazing. Why wasn't Pereira calling this jackhole out over Super Bowl XL*?

Because at that time Pereira was his boss. Pereira would never admit to a mistake on his watch.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
And to continue... why in the HELL did McCarthy accept the freaking penalty? It would have been 4th and a long 1. He gave them a TD instead of a FG attempt when it was all said and done. The guy is a cocky coach for sure... but sometimes that is good, it's not good when your best result 90% of the time is the result you would have had if you declined it (field goal attempt).

hawk45

Reaction score
It does my heart good to see Leavy getting called out on national TV, especially when he's making crucial gifts to our division rivals.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
hawk45":vprhw8ce said:
It does my heart good to see Leavy getting called out on national TV, especially when he's making crucial gifts to our division rivals.

As much as I dislike Leavy as a ref I really dislike Pereira especially after he defended his crew on the calls after XL. At least Leavy owned up.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Leavy did own up much later. Then he got in trouble by the NFL for doing so. I don't get that. I am more mad at Pereira for being a phony liar. Leavy himself says he "booted it" and then Pereira responds and says no he didn't. I don't get that crud.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep Leavy up to his old tricks again! Surprised Baghdad mike called him out on it.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
In five years from now he'll say he kicked the call.