2013 top commentating

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
In this thread we post our favorite commentary from 2012.
Mine goes to Mike Terico whom during one of Pittsburgh's games featuring throwbacks he opined that their brown and yellow horizontal striped jerseys made them look like bee keepers.

Cartire

Reaction score
I loved Tim Ryan. I believe he actually did the majority of our games. He was always very unbiased when speaking about the hawks. His criticisms were always justified and spot on. And his praises were always accurate and respectful.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
"He's too short." (spoken by many)

"At best, he'll be a career backup." (Bill Polian & others)

(Paraphrasing a bit here) "Mel, he's an inch shorter than Drew Brees. Do you know how much that is? It's this much!" (holding his thumb and forefinger that far apart....Jon Gruden to Mel Kiper at the 2012 draft)

"He's going to make some NFL team very happy." (Jon Gruden after Russ was at his QB camp).

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3pspoq2i said:
(Paraphrasing a bit here) "Mel, he's an inch shorter than Drew Brees. Do you know how much that is? It's this much!" (holding his thumb and forefinger that far apart....Jon Gruden to Mel Kiper at the 2012 draft)

That's the one for me. Never been a big Gruden fan but the guy knows QBs and as soon as I saw him have that conversation with Mel and Todd on live TV I was ready to believe in Mr. Wilson.