Why I kinda like Rex Ryan...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Why I kinda like Rex Ryan...
Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:21 pm
  • I like him, cant help it. Because of the occasional gem like this...

The one-time Ravens assistant ripped the Orioles for not moving a game so the defending champions could open the season at home. Instead, the Ravens will begin the year at Denver.

“Well who really cares, you’ve got 81 at home, maybe you could have done the right thing and given one up and then played 82 on the road and then 80 at home,” Ryan said, via Seth Walder of the New York Daily News. “I really don’t think people are going to care about that game (between the Orioles and White Sox).

“You have a chance to have the defending world champs open up the season at home where they rightfully should. That’s unfortunate.”

But wait, there’s more.

“Certainly I can understand, if baseball only had a 16-game schedule you might understand it,” Ryan said. “But when they have 162 games, you might just [have the] common courtesy and say, you know what, maybe I’ll play this one on the road or whatever.”
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Re: Why I kinda like Rex Ryan...
Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:30 pm
  • pehawk wrote:I like him, cant help it. Because of the occasional gem like this...

The one-time Ravens assistant ripped the Orioles for not moving a game so the defending champions could open the season at home. Instead, the Ravens will begin the year at Denver.

“Well who really cares, you’ve got 81 at home, maybe you could have done the right thing and given one up and then played 82 on the road and then 80 at home,” Ryan said, via Seth Walder of the New York Daily News. “I really don’t think people are going to care about that game (between the Orioles and White Sox).

“You have a chance to have the defending world champs open up the season at home where they rightfully should. That’s unfortunate.”

But wait, there’s more.

“Certainly I can understand, if baseball only had a 16-game schedule you might understand it,” Ryan said. “But when they have 162 games, you might just [have the] common courtesy and say, you know what, maybe I’ll play this one on the road or whatever.”

Agree with the sentiment but obviously the Ravens would have to compensate for the lost Orioles revenue. Was it discussed?
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:15 pm
  • Nobody said play it in the road (that I heard). They said move it. Baseball plays afternoons / double-headers whatever. How hard would it have been to adjust.....

The ratings will tell the Orioles they screwed up. At least there won't be lines at the concession stands.
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:10 am
  • The NFL should just start scheduling their games earlier and grabbing the parking lot first. So what if a few baseball fans are pissed? It's not like there are that many of them.
    HawkGA
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:02 am
  • Playing one more game on the road is kind of awkward... It's a 4-game series w/ the White Sox. What are they supposed to do, fly to Chicago for one game, then fly back to Baltimore for the remaining 3 games? Seems inefficient and unnecessary. E.C. Laloosh made a good point about the lost revenue as well.
    Last edited by The Outfield on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:08 am
  • HawkGA wrote:The NFL should just start scheduling their games earlier and grabbing the parking lot first. So what if a few baseball fans are pissed? It's not like there are that many of them.

I disagree. The NFL is THE KING. Releasing the schedule now creates a buzz going into the NFL draft. The NFL is all about making news some way shape or fashion every single month of the year including how the FA is spaced out etc.

The NFL does what they want to do and even if the MLB think they win something by forcing the Ravens to move a game they really don't. The NFL wins - they will smoke in the ratings and the Orioles will loose in revenue and next time around you better believe the MLB will move their game..........
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:12 am
  • As far as scheduling is concerned, NFL > MLB. It *really* doesn't matter if you start out on the road in the MLB.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:32 am
  • Happens almost every year here in Seattle. The M's almost always seem to have a game scheduled that weekend.

:229031_shrug:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:07 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:Playing one more game on the road is kind of awkward... It's a 4-game series w/ the White Sox. What are they supposed to do, fly to Chicago for one game, then fly back to Baltimore for the remaining 3 games? Seems inefficient and unnecessary. E.C. Laloosh made a good point about the lost revenue as well.

Yeah, but you're missing the most important point; baseball is stupid.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:31 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:Playing one more game on the road is kind of awkward... It's a 4-game series w/ the White Sox. What are they supposed to do, fly to Chicago for one game, then fly back to Baltimore for the remaining 3 games? Seems inefficient and unnecessary. E.C. Laloosh made a good point about the lost revenue as well.

Yeah, but you're missing the most important point; baseball is stupid.

It's okay. Baseball's mostly a mental game and we know that's not your strong suite. :lol:
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:28 pm
  • Rex is so wrong and putting his FOOT in his mouth. FOOTball is so much more entertaining then baseball. An Oriole doesn't even have a proper FOOT. He's obviously cutting ties with the NFL and playing FOOTsie with MLB hoping for a job after the Jets crash and burn and put their FOOT in his rear. Tim Tebow prays his FOOT will contract leprosy. Larry FOOTe approved this message.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:50 pm
  • Lady Talon wrote:Rex is so wrong and putting his FOOT in his mouth. FOOTball is so much more entertaining then baseball. An Oriole doesn't even have a proper FOOT. He's obviously cutting ties with the NFL and playing FOOTsie with MLB hoping for a job after the Jets crash and burn and put their FOOT in his rear. Tim Tebow prays his FOOT will contract leprosy. Larry FOOTe approved this message.

icwutudidther :lol:

And is that Christina Applegate in your avatar I see? Nomnomnom. :mrgreen:

But anyway, in regards to the NFL opener, I'm absolutely ecstatic that Selig told Goodell where he can shove his NFL opener. :th2thumbs:

I really don't care because regardless, it can't hurt me. We don't have a baseball team next door, or even a MLB team for that matter. :0190l:
    :les: Image :les:

pehawk wrote:I have a boner, right now, as I type this.
    IronSaint
    NET Starter

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:01 am
  • The Outfield wrote:Playing one more game on the road is kind of awkward... It's a 4-game series w/ the White Sox. What are they supposed to do, fly to Chicago for one game, then fly back to Baltimore for the remaining 3 games? Seems inefficient and unnecessary. E.C. Laloosh made a good point about the lost revenue as well.

Or just schedule a double header between the baseball teams, with the Raven's offering something in return like free Orioles plugs and a refund to ticket holders that can't reschedule.
    TURN DOWN FOR WHAT? -The 12th Man
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information