Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post subject: Kolb gone from Arizona
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:45 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

Quote:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Cardinals will release Kevin Kolb, who declined to take pay cut. Door is open for return. Per source.

Their quarterback woes continue.

Post subject: Re: Kolb gone from Arizona
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:52 am 
NET Veteran

He made $20 mill doing nothing

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:01 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

Speculation: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/could-kevin-kolb-york-jets-week-1-starter-221515137--nfl.html

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:03 am 
* NET Philistine *

So, they're trading for Flynn, right?

:sarcasm_off:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:09 am 
NET Veteran

My guess is that he will either play for the Jets or Chiefs.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:16 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

I literally laughed when I read that. He doesn't get to start last year, so he goes to the bench, then he comes in week 1 while we are beating them and drives down the field to win the game. He goes on to win game after game after game until he himself gets hurt (and who wouldn't eventually with that OL?) They then proceed to go through the QB carousel and lose game after game after game. So as a Cardinal GM, what do you do? Of course, you cut the only qb who actually helped you win games last year. Makes sense to me.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:21 am 
NET Veteran

kidhawk wrote:
I literally laughed when I read that. He doesn't get to start last year, so he goes to the bench, then he comes in week 1 while we are beating them and drives down the field to win the game. He goes on to win game after game after game until he himself gets hurt (and who wouldn't eventually with that OL?) They then proceed to go through the QB carousel and lose game after game after game. So as a Cardinal GM, what do you do? Of course, you cut the only qb who actually helped you win games last year. Makes sense to me.

It doesn't really help that he keeps getting injured as well. He was injured last year, and the year before. It's pretty logical to cut someone making that much money who never sees the field. That organization is a mess anyways.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:37 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

To be fair, Decimation, the Cardinals O-line pass protection schemes approximate this:

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:47 am 
NET Rookie

It was clear that when the Cards made that move they were extremely desperate. I am just glad that we have not made a move like that for a QB. As demonstrated, when you give up that much for a QB it will clearly set back your franchise.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:52 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

RolandDeschain wrote:
To be fair, Decimation, the Cardinals O-line pass protection schemes approximate this:

Exactly...although I fully agree that they paid too much for him when they traded for him, he is still the best qb on their roster. His injuries are purely because of how sad the line in front of him is. He's never going to be a HOF qb, but I still think he can be and has shown he can be a solid starter. Give him a quality team and he would show much more than he has in Arizona.

This is a good move for him. Any qb in Arizona is not going to show too well right now. Hopefully (for their fan base, I'm not personally hoping this) they can use some of the money they save in cutting him and build up their offensive line for whomever they put back there

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:06 am 
NET Veteran

kidhawk wrote:

My thoughts exactly; this is a huge mistake. Personally I think getting rid of the coach was a bad move too. They did not give Kolb a real chance. He didn't get a chance to fully fail like say Cassel did.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:21 am 
NET Veteran

So, what are they going to do? Start Drew Stanton or reach on a rookie QB and feed him to the Seahawks, Niners and Rams?

This is not going to end well for them.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:42 am 
NET Rookie

SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
kidhawk wrote:

My thoughts exactly; this is a huge mistake. Personally I think getting rid of the coach was a bad move too. They did not give Kolb a real chance. He didn't get a chance to fully fail like say Cassel did.

I disagree, the coach should have definitely been fired and here is why. One of his major failures was addressing his offensive line. He had one of the better OL Coaches out there and did not make his OL the priority. Then to compound the issue, he makes a significant move to get a QB and even though he knew that the O-Line was in shambles. Next, because his QB, that he traded for could not run for his life and make the plays that he wanted... He benches him then starts this QB carousel. Then eventually.... his choice starter gets hurt against us. Then all hopes sit on Kolb.. He makes the plays he needs to make and finally is starting to make the expected QB throws that he (Coach Whisenhunt) wanted... Then his QB gets hurt because the O-Line was an utter failure. Kind of hard not to let a coach go when all of those issues takes place.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:46 am 
NET Veteran

Seems like there's a lot of teams that could try out Flynn.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:15 am 
NET Veteran

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:22 am 
* NET Philistine *

SeahawksFanForever wrote:

That is excellent.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:37 am 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *

Rotoki521 wrote:
I disagree, the coach should have definitely been fired and here is why. One of his major failures was addressing his offensive line. He had one of the better OL Coaches out there and did not make his OL the priority. Then to compound the issue, he makes a significant move to get a QB and even though he knew that the O-Line was in shambles. Next, because his QB, that he traded for could not run for his life and make the plays that he wanted... He benches him then starts this QB carousel. Then eventually.... his choice starter gets hurt against us. Then all hopes sit on Kolb.. He makes the plays he needs to make and finally is starting to make the expected QB throws that he (Coach Whisenhunt) wanted... Then his QB gets hurt because the O-Line was an utter failure. Kind of hard not to let a coach go when all of those issues takes place.

While I agree with you mostly, I believe it is a stretch to call Grimm "one of the better OL coaches out there." He may be a HOF lineman, but that doesn't necessarily translate to being a good coach.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:24 am 
* NET Nobody *

SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
kidhawk wrote:

Amen to that. Ken Whisenhunt is a damn good coach and they had a killer defense.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:29 am 
* NET Nobody *

Seahawk Sailor wrote:

LOL! Thuis comment cracked me up!

Any day now, we'll be reading, "Jets Reach Deal with JaMarcus Russell."

"Can he run the buttfumble as well as Sanchez?"

"A possible scenario for the Jets to start the season with all their QB's, Garrard takes the snap, throws to wide receiver Sanchez, who laterals to Kolb who hands off to Tebow....who then throws an incomplete pass."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T323qCEQG4w&feature=player_embedded

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:03 pm 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *

ivotuk wrote:
SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
kidhawk wrote:

Amen to that. Ken Whisenhunt is a damn good coach and they had a killer defense.

??? Whisenhunt was an offensive guy, not a defensive guy. He was a good HC right up until Kurt Warner retired, then the offense went way downhill -- embarrassingly so, considering they have one of the best receivers in the game. Whiz may be a good OC, maybe even a damn good one, but I think it is a huge stretch to call him a "damn good coach" in AZ's context.

IMO, letting Whiz go after this season was inevitable. I think they should have promoted their DC to HC, but I understand why they went with Arians.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:14 pm 
NET Rookie

BlueTalon wrote:
Rotoki521 wrote:

While I agree with you mostly, I believe it is a stretch to call Grimm "one of the better OL coaches out there." He may be a HOF lineman, but that doesn't necessarily translate to being a good coach.

I'm not so sure, but that's something we will never know. The reason why I come to that conclusion is because, he seriously did a great job with the talent that the HC and GM gave him. I think you have to take that into consideration before suggesting he isn't a good coach. Though, I might be giving him a little more praise than most. But trying to look at this objectively, I believe it falls directly on Whisenhunt. I actually wanted Grimm to be our O-line coach. The only other time I wanted an O-Line coach that badly was when Cable came around and man that was a happy day for me.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]