KC Chiefs

RussB

Reaction score
Anyone notice these guys started 1-5 and finished 11-5 with a 10 game winning streak. Overlooked team in the AFC these guys have been balling. I have them beating everybody there to be honest.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I've been saying this for weeks, the Chiefs are the kind of team that could make a run in the playoffs.

Good run game, experienced QB and defense that's playing very well right now.

I could see them beating the Texans and putting another beatdown on Denver at home.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":35or5ryd said:
I've been saying this for weeks, the Chiefs are the kind of team that could make a run in the playoffs.

Good run game, experienced QB and defense that's playing very well right now.

I could see them beating the Texans and putting another beatdown on Denver at home.

They're the most complete team in the AFC right now. They excel at every aspect of the game. The only time I question them is if they find themselves in a hole, can Alex Smith throw the ball 30+ times and win them a game?

I'm curious to see how KC handles the playoffs after they blew that game against Indy last year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RussB":3e7uw5bq said:
Anyone notice these guys started 1-5 and finished 11-5 with a 10 game winning streak. Overlooked team in the AFC these guys have been balling. I have them beating everybody there to be honest.
Been saying this for weeks. I see it coming down to Kansas City and Pittsburgh in the AFC. The only reason I wouldn't say they're a mortal lock is Alex Smith pretty much everywhere else they're rock solid to great.

kearly

Reaction score
Back when the Chiefs were 1-5, their one win came against... Houston.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kearly":2zufx1g9 said:

I heard that Houston has the best home defensive stats in the league? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I read that yesterday.

Their offense is a hot mess, but I could see their D keeping the game close.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1tr6v1ou said:
kearly":1tr6v1ou said:

I heard that Houston has the best home defensive stats in the league? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I read that yesterday.

I agree. Something like 20 -16 Kansas City seems reasonable.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":91ldepvn said:
They're the most complete team in the AFC right now...
Agree but only til Dalton returns for Cincy. Of course that's only if they get past Pissburgh and even then we will see if he can actually not choke in the playoffs.

Bwarren

Reaction score
don't think Cincy gets past Pittsburg. KC is the real deal however. Great Defense and a ball control offense,

Erebus

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2gjzi787 said:
What offense do the chiefs have?

Is this serious or rhetorical? If its a rhetorical jab, what are you basing it on? Yards? I hope as a Seahawks fan that witnessed 2013 you wouldn't judge an offense on yards. They have a top 10 scoring offense. They are the #6 offense based on DVOA. They have a great running game and Alex Smith hasn't been screwing up this year. Jeremy Maclin has been a great addition for them. They may not put up a lot of yards, but the 2013 Seahawks proved that a strong defense, great running game, and an efficient, mistake-free offense can win you a championship. I expect the Chiefs to become the first #5 seed to host a conference championship game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ambrose83":3odgdyij said:
What offense do the chiefs have?

Not a high powered offense, but the Chiefs have a balanced offense with a veteran QB that's been in the playoffs. So I could see them grinding out wins against just about any AFC team.

I'm not impressed with the AFC right now, at all. Every team has some serious injury or holes on offense and/or defense.

The Chiefs seem to be the most well balanced team with a D that can cause any team fits.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I think they have the most complete team in the AFC. I also think other AFC teams will somewhat overlook them. I think their chances are good, until they meet us in the Superb Owl! :mrgreen: :icon_new:

Alex Smith has a 95 QB rating with 20 TDs and 7 INTs and they have a decent run game. Not a a stellar offense, but they get it done and with that D, they are formidable.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
If you look at the Chiefs stats on the year, the thing that stands out to me is that nobody really stands out. It's very much a workman like team, bunch of non stars that play well together and just get it done.

NINEster

Reaction score
Here's a good article on how the Chiefs have thrived on offense this season:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/05/nfl- ... 5-playoffs

A lot of it was a reaction to losing Charles, and forcing Smith to do more.

And he's responded.

We saw it in that Indy playoff game when Charles went down.

Very, very interested to see how this plays out.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
They could make a run to be honest. We have the Hawks, Cards and Panthers in the NFC who all look really strong but none of the AFC team really look like a Superbowl winning team. Wouldn't actually surprise me if the Chiefs made into the biggest game of the year, no way they win it though.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2dwmx19w said:
kearly":2dwmx19w said:

In their last 8 games, the Texans have the league's best scoring defense.