Chances the NFC East is won by a 6-10 team

HawkGA

Reaction score
I know we've seen a couple of 7-9 teams win their division in somewhat recent history (Go Seahawks and Beastmode!). But given the NFC East's exceedingly high level of suck, do you think we'll see a 6-10 team win the division? I think it might happen, though I haven't checked their remaining schedules yet (some team might hit the 7 win mark simply by beating the other crappy NFC East teams). A Cowboys win tonight would go a long ways to making that a reality.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
I dunno. I can see them winning next week at the Fins, but after that I could definitely see them losing the rest of their games.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Redskins have the best shot. They still get Dallas twice. That alone gets them to 7 wins.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
HawkGA":8blbpo40 said:
Redskins have the best shot. They still get Dallas twice. That alone gets them to 7 wins.

Cowboys have had a half bye week and only 3 on injury report to the Redskins 11 or 12 man injury report.

division familiarity etc

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, that mess of a division could produce anybody as the winner. Heck, if the Cowboys win tonight they are only a game out. I'm just saying, if I got to pick my remaining schedule, I'd pick the Redskins. Followed probably by the Eagles. Giants? Not so much. They couldn't even beat the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
This took another step closer to reality last night.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out who will win the NFC East, because it seems pretty clear to me that we will play the winner of the NFC East in the first round of the playoffs. Here are the remaining schedules:

Eagles: Bills, Cardinals, Redskins, @Giants

Redskins: @Bears, Bills, @Eagles, @Cowboys

Giants: @Dolphins, Panthers, @Vikings, Eagles

Cowboys: @Packers, Jets, @Bills, Redskins

IMO, the Cowboys are all but finished. They have 3 very tough games, and are already one game behind in the standings. I don't see Cassell winning in GB or Buffalo. All the teams have fairly tough schedules, a lot of it will come down to the head to head matchups. If any team can finish 3-1 that will win them the division. I have a feeling at best these teams go 2-2 to finish out, and that might be all they need. I think the Eagles have the most favorable schedule, and probably the best team with Bradford healthy. Their next three games are at home, and then finish up the season in the Meadowlands, which could decide the season. While the Skins schedule looks favorable, they are horrible on the road and play 3 of their last 4 away from FedEx Field. Skins still have not won a road game this season (0-5).

If I had to make a guess now, I'd say we are playing in Philadelphia in a few weeks.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Is this where we start dishing it back, about how "a 7-9 team should never make the playoffs just because they're in a crappy division", and "it's high time to eliminate anachronistic rules about division winners and just seed the best teams" like we heard so very much when it was us? I believe the loudest idiots with those opinions were NFC Least fans...
:roll:

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
DTexHawk":26hz9czu said:

Please make it happen. I don't care about the Dallas winning part (if you check the link, they win a meaningless game against whomever they play this week (already forgot who). So they could certainly go 5-11 and everybody else still go 6-10. That said, I still see somebody getting to 7-9, perhaps 2 teams. But 6-10 would be so awesome. I wonder if the media would dare criticize any of the NFC East teams? Doubt it.

Polaris

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":278v55rn said:
ilikedlargent":278v55rn said:
the Giants are winning the Division at 7-9 or 8-8
That's actually the most like scenario.

Washington still has most of the tiebreaks and if you look at the advanced stats (like DVOA), the Eagles are playing the best ball of the four.

If you put a gun to my head, I think the Eagles wind up with the NFCE Crown probably with a 7-9 record.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Polaris":jj1fpntf said:
Sports Hernia":jj1fpntf said:
ilikedlargent":jj1fpntf said:

Washington still has most of the tiebreaks and if you look at the advanced stats (like DVOA), the Eagles are playing the best ball of the four.

If you put a gun to my head, I think the Eagles wind up with the NFCE Crown probably with a 7-9 record.

proof that advanced stats are useless. The Eagles wont win the division

Polaris

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":3lpa6ra0 said:
Polaris":3lpa6ra0 said:
Sports Hernia":3lpa6ra0 said:
ilikedlargent":3lpa6ra0 said:

proof that advanced stats are useless. The Eagles wont win the division

Why not? Aren't you assuming the very thing you are trying to prove?

I'm not saying the Eagles will win; all I'm saying is that they seem to be playing (marginally) better football, and so seem (marginally) more likely to win.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
My bet is on the Eagles taking the division with 7 or 8 wins. They seem like the only team that still has some gas left in the tank.