Vikings-Cardinals Game Thursday Night

Keyhawk

Reaction score
This game helps the Seahawks no matter who loses, assuming the Seahawks defeat the Ravens on Sunday. A Vikings loss would move the Seahawks up to the 5 seed. A Cardinals loss would put us two games behind the Cardinals with three games remaining. A Cardinals loss sounds better, so here's to AP rebounding and having a big night.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

seadawg

Reaction score
Yes, it would be nice if Min can bounce back and pull off the upset.

Our loss at home to AZ sure is looming large now. If only Seattle could have pulled that one off they would only be 1 game back and winning out would win the West and most likely put them in the 2 seed with the bye and home game.

As it now stands we need AZ to lose 2 of the next 3 against Min, Phil and GB, who are all in the playoff hunt, to set up a possible division title showdown week 17. Stranger things have happened, but the odds of winning the west were dramatically altered on that tight game week 9.

A loss by AZ this Thursday would definitely increase our odds. Go Vikings!

These next 2 games against the Old Browns and New Browns are almost as guaranteed as it gets in this league.

Cartire

Reaction score
I feel like we needed this St. Louis win today and it didnt happen.

I cant see the cardinals dropping 2 in the next 3. I just cant. With that said, They need to win and beat MN so it helps seal up that 5th seed and a playoff game against the NFCE.

seadawg

Reaction score
I agree the outcome that stands the greatest chance of helping us would be for AZ to win, which also is the most likely outcome in their house. The West was lost back on week 9.

A playoff game against the NFCE would nice. :lol: - It would also be cool if this team got to the SB on the road and quiet those who think they need to be at home to get there.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, it's a weird situation. We're chasing the Cardinals, but if they do well, they help us.

They have games remaining against Minn and GB, both of whom right now are ahead of us in the WC race, and GB has the H2H tiebreaker on us.

The easiest route would be to hope the Cards drop at least one of those games and we can beat them.

But, if they beat both Minn and GB, they likely give us a hand up in the WC race. 5th seed is where we want to be, as we get the division winner of the NFCE. I don't care who that is, we're thunder stomping them. It's almost as good as a bye.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I think we can go ahead and pull for the Cards Thursday.

It would be nice if AZ folded down the stretch, but I dont see it. I guess a loss thursday would set up hope, given they still play GB, but a Minnesota loss puts us in firm control of the 5 seed, which is much more preferable than traveling to Lambaeu in January, which is what the 6 seed is going to do.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Folks...MN is done. They might, might win 1 more game this season.

jkitsune

Reaction score
If you thought the Cardinals could lose three of their remaining five prior to today, there's no reason not to think they can lose three of their remaining four. The Rams were probably the easiest team left on their schedule given the way that team has looked, and not where I'd have expected the Cards to lose. If anyone's going to do it, it would be the Vikings and the Packers.

Either way, I'm going to keep rooting for the division until it's gone - playoff games at CLink are just too valuable, and too incredible. Plus, if we do manage the #3 or #2 seed, our chance of hosting a 3rd consecutive NFCCG skyrockets. I think it's pretty unlikely the Seahawks don't get to 10 wins, which is likely to earn a WC.

JonRud

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1yvlh8cx said:
Folks...MN is done. They might, might win 1 more game this season.

Vikings last 4 games:

at Ari
vs. Chi
vs. NYG
at GB

They might win 1 or 2. I do not see them winning a road game unless GB has nothing to play for in the finale (ie..locked into the #3 seed before the game).

Unfortunately the Seahawks path to Santa Clara goes on the road this year. I do not see them getting any home playoff games barring an early Carson Palmer injury on Thu. night and a complete Cardinals collapse down the stretch.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
yes,before this I thought Seahawks would not make playoffs. Now I know the last game of season will decide whether they win Division.
That said,the Seahawks will still lose in playoffs and not make SB

chris98251

Reaction score
Just takes a favorite to get knocked out to change things. These last few weeks the shuffle should be interesting, I would like a game at home, but we made our bed and can't complain, if we get into the dance based on how we started the season we should feel like were reborn.

I just want us to have our attitude carry over now for about 7 weeks. Playing for blood and making teams dread having us coming up as an opponent.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Rooting for the Cards on this one. MN drops and we move to 5th seed and if Cards lock up the NFCW, they might sit a lot of their starters in week 17. I think this is a decent scenario for us, given the circumstances.

Cartire

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":291gfs83 said:
yes,before this I thought Seahawks would not make playoffs. Now I know the last game of season will decide whether they win Division.

:shock:

:177692:

:thfight7:

chris98251

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":2qdhxxhl said:

But not to the Redskins....................

HawkGA

Reaction score
I could definitely see the Cards losing 2 out of 3. But I believe it was Kearly in another post talking about the tie-breaker and it sounds like that doesn't break in the Seahawks favor so they probably need to lose 3.

Cartire

Reaction score
HawkGA":2rrt8vl1 said:
I could definitely see the Cards losing 2 out of 3. But I believe it was Kearly in another post talking about the tie-breaker and it sounds like that doesn't break in the Seahawks favor so they probably need to lose 3.

Absolutely every playoff machine I have used has us winning in the event of a tie (us winning out from here obviously). I may have missed a few combos though, but I havent found a way that doesnt put us above them in a tie (unless they lose the next 3 and then beat us at their place)

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
chris98251":1sfv13hx said:
ilikedlargent":1sfv13hx said:

But not to the Redskins....................

I'm counting on the Giants winning the Division