Let's make a trade: Oakland Raiders

jake206

Reaction score
Theoretically speaking, if Beastmode asks to be traded to Oakland. What would you ask for him from Raiders? Let's be realistic. 4th + Latavius Murray? Any speculation?

Marvin49

Reaction score
I could be wrong here...but I was under the impression he was a free agent.

...and as for what he'd be worth? You guys aren't even close.

RB has been GREATLY devalued these days and as great as Marshawn is, he's also 28, has a bad back, and is contemplating retirement at the end of every season. No team is going to give up that bounty.

I'd love to see him gone from the Seattle roster, but I think the reality is that he's a bit like Frank Gore in that he's more valuable to his current team than to any other team that would seek his services.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":276o4kbu said:
Marvin49":276o4kbu said:

Who, Murray? Don't think so.

Lynch is under contract for next season.

Ah. Didn't know that.

See my edit tho on previous post...I think you guys are way off on compensation...and I say that as a guy who loves Lynch even if I don't like who he plays for.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":lszg4kz2 said:
SomersetHawk":lszg4kz2 said:
Marvin49":lszg4kz2 said:

Ah. Didn't know that.

See my edit tho on previous post...I think you guys are way off on compensation...and I say that as a guy who loves Lynch even if I don't like who he plays for.

I think two 2nds is way off. One 2nd not so much but a 3rd or future 2nd might be more likely. Lynch is no doubt hugely valuable to us (we've reportedly offered him $10m next year), but he'd be huge for a team like Oakland too and has shown no signs of drop-off. He's got at least two good years in him.

However, if Lynch demands a trade to Oakland then our hands are tied a bit and we'd be lucky to get a 4th. Hope it doesn't come to that though, would surprise me if it did.

pehawk

Reaction score
Way to make me agree with GothGirl, ladies. He's right. You ladies are WAAAAYYYY off.

5th, maybe, tops. Most likely a 6th or 7th.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3rmsdklj said:
Marvin49":3rmsdklj said:
SomersetHawk":3rmsdklj said:
Marvin49":3rmsdklj said:

Ah. Didn't know that.

I think two 2nds is way off. One 2nd not so much but a 3rd or future 2nd might be more likely. Lynch is no doubt hugely valuable to us (we've reportedly offered him $10m next year), but he'd be huge for a team like Oakland too and has shown no signs of drop-off. He's got at least two good years in him.

However, if Lynch demands a trade to Oakland then our hands are tied a bit and we'd be lucky to get a 4th. Hope it doesn't come to that though, would surprise me if it did.

One 2nd from the raiders is way too much because they pick so high in the round.

My guess is if its a trade from Raiders it'll be a 5 or a 4 at the highest. I'm not sure they make a trade at all though...they have like 40 mil in cap space and can pretty easily clear another 10-20 so they might want to keep all those picks and just sign guys in free agency instead of trading away picks for older vets.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":upfcii1c said:
Way to make me agree with GothGirl, ladies. He's right. You ladies are WAAAAYYYY off.

I know that hurt Pe. :D

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":2dw0g2uj said:
pehawk":2dw0g2uj said:

Not as much as watching, in horror, Seahawks fans sound like sports radio callers.

Lord almighty, a 2nd? Two 2nd's??!! Holy shit, this isn't 1991 you naïve rubes.

Ozzy

Reaction score
We would be lucky to get a 5th and there is no way they would trade Murray who has a lot of potential and is much younger.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3dfrgsux said:
Marvin49":3dfrgsux said:
pehawk":3dfrgsux said:

Not as much as watching, in horror, Seahawks fans sound like sports radio callers.

Haha. Given the sentiments of the thread I'll respond to the name rube. But if we could assume Oakland have some competition for his signature then I'd be positively gutted to end up with a 6th/7th for the best running back in the league.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I agree that IF we were to try to trade Lynch, we'd likely not get much in return. With that said, we aren't trading Lynch. I see two options for Lynch, he retires or he takes a pay raise and sticks around in Seattle. I'm guessing he takes the money and one more shot at a super bowl run.

Marvin49

Reaction score
kidhawk":199fp5ko said:
I agree that IF we were to try to trade Lynch, we'd likely not get much in return. With that said, we aren't trading Lynch. I see two options for Lynch, he retires or he takes a pay raise and sticks around in Seattle. I'm guessing he takes the money and one more shot at a super bowl run.

I don't think he'll be traded either, but I think he'll retire.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3fkfa43e said:
pehawk":3fkfa43e said:
Marvin49":3fkfa43e said:
pehawk":3fkfa43e said:

Haha. Given the sentiments of the thread I'll respond to the name rube. But if we could assume Oakland have some competition for his signature then I'd be positively gutted to end up with a 6th/7th for the best running back in the league.

Problem isn't that he's good. I agree he's the best in the NFL right now.

What's working against you is that there aren't many teams that value RBs the way Seattle and SF do and the fact that he's 28 and contemplating retirement every year. No team is going to give up a premium pick for a guy that might play 1 or 2 years...especially a team in rebuild mode who could really use those picks.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":o2pxs6gp said:
kidhawk":o2pxs6gp said:

I don't think he'll be traded either, but I hope he'll retire.

FIFY

Marvin49

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ikew13o said:
Marvin49":2ikew13o said:
kidhawk":2ikew13o said:

FIFY

oh...no question...lol.

...but I do honestly think he will. He wanted to retire LAST year. He had trouble with his back THIS year. I just think he's one of those off-beat guys that's gonna leave the game before he has to. Maybe after a year or 2 he decides he wants to come back...who knows, but I think he leaves the game for this year at least.

I've always liked Marshawn since he was at Cal. I hate the way the media makes a mockery of his off-field demeanor. Dude is who he is. Its really weird for me honestly to like a guy on a team I dislike so much...but that's the deal.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Damn, Colts give up a First for Trent, who on his best day, will never be Lynch's equal on Lynch's worst day.

Hell, lets just trade him to the Colts for one of their TE's.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1q0sat87 said:
kidhawk":1q0sat87 said:
Marvin49":1q0sat87 said:
kidhawk":1q0sat87 said:

FIFY

oh...no question...lol.

...but I do honestly think he will. He wanted to retire LAST year. He had trouble with his back THIS year. I just think he's one of those off-beat guys that's gonna leave the game before he has to. Maybe after a year or 2 he decides he wants to come back...who knows, but I think he leaves the game for this year at least.

I've always liked Marshawn since he was at Cal. I hate the way the media makes a mockery of his off-field demeanor. Dude is who he is. Its really weird for me honestly to like a guy on a team I dislike so much...but that's the deal.

I don't find it all that weird. There's guys on lots of teams that I like, without liking the team itself, and historically there have been Seahawks players I didn't like but never wavered on my love for the team. IMO there's a huge difference in loving a team and loving a player. The two are completely separate, even though they seem to be so intertwined.

As for Lynch, I see where people might believe he's going to retire, and I would agree if we'd won that Super Bowl. The fact that he wanted the respect of a huge raise last off season, coupled with the fact that he's getting one offered this off season, tells me that he comes back, if for no other reason than to be able to say I told you so.

My prediction is he signs a 2-3 year deal, but retires after one more year.

Latest posts