Head Coaches - not Dan Quinn related

trharder

Reaction score
Rex Ryan - Can someone explain how he was considered for another HC job after he completely failed and was fired by the Jets? I heard one rumor on the radio that he got to choose the Bills as he had more than one offer! I don't dislike Rex the person and I never have liked the Jets, but wasn't Rex the butt of many jokes over the past few years? Wasn't he portrayed as the hapless bafoon by nearly everyone?

John Fox - Here we have the opposite of Rex Ryan. Fox had the highest win percentage of any HC in Bronco history! Can someone explain how John, we used to call him "Horseface", Elway, is an expert in anything other than being a QB.? Did anybody else have a twinge of pity for Bronco fans yesterday while Elway thanked himself and then proceeded to explain he fired Fox because they didn't go out kicking and screaming the last two years and they disagreed how to take it to the next level? I have to tell you, if I owned the Broncos, I'd listen to Fox over Elway. If I was a Bronco fan, I'd be horrified to think we were going to start over again with Elway calling the shots.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Rex went to two AFCCGs, that gave him some tenure. I still like him as a DC more than a HC, but players love him. That goes a long way.

As for Elway, Dan Reeves took him to a few Super Bowls, and he still went to Bowlen and got Reeves canned. THis isn't the first time he has "fired" a Super Bowl coach.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The way for Denver to take it to the next level is to move on from Peyton Manning. As for Rex Ryan? I am surprised that he went with Buffalo given their offense is really no better then the Jets, I thought he would choose Atlanta if that were an option. At least get out of the AFCE and away from Bilicheck.

raisethe3

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1do7s0k5 said:
The way for Denver to take it to the next level is to move on from Peyton Manning. As for Rex Ryan? I am surprised that he went with Buffalo given their offense is really no better then the Jets, I thought he would choose Atlanta if that were an option. At least get out of the AFCE and away from Bilicheck.

You do make a good point. Also, the NFC South is the easiest division right now (at least, to me). Given the state of New Orleans (defense problems), TB, and Carolina are in. Rex Ryan might be doing better in the NFC South in a few years than the AFCE.

Latest posts