11-4 Teams in the NFC

marko358

Reaction score
Looking at the 5 teams in the NFC with an 11-4 record, the Seahawks' 4 losses have the lowest point differential and it's not even close. The next closest team, Dallas, has more than double the point differential in their losses. We just can't be blown out and we are right in it 'til the end even when we don't come out on top.

SEA: 22 total point diff in 4 losses (5.5 pt avg per loss)
DAL: 48 total point diff in 4 losses (12)
DET: 53 total point diff in 4 losses (13.25)
GB: 61 total point diff in 4 losses (15.25)
AZ: 77 total point diff in 4 losses (19.25)

sutz

Reaction score
That's an interesting comparison. It tells me that we are the most resilient team. Other teams, when they get down a bit, can lose heart, and the 'down a bit' can turn into a blowout. In the first place, the Seahawks seldom get down by more than one score, so they're almost always in the game. And in the second place, they don't lose heart, ever. They keep digging and scratching and playing til the final whistle.

I've said it elsewhere, the Seahawks don't get nervous if they haven't scored a lot of points by half time like some teams seem to. Patience and stick-to-it-ive-ness is our byword. Hey, if we're within a single score at half time, we have them just where we want them.

:)

Maulbert

Reaction score
To this point, a Russell Wilson led team has lost by more than 7 only once, and that was the 30-21 Chargers game in which SD kicked a chipshot field goal after we turned the ball over on downs with less than 2 minutes remaining in our own territory.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Also a good way of judging teams is how good they are against other playoff teams

Record vs Playoff Teams (by current standing)

-Seattle: 5-2
-Detroit: 1-3
-Dallas: 2-1
-Carolina: 1-3-1
-Arizona: 3-3
-GB: 2-2

Just by looking at this you would say that Seattle is the best in the NFC and Dallas the 2nd best, which I believe to be true.

Latest posts