Brock Coyle is the starting middle linebacker

kidhawk

Reaction score
Wagner said something about moving back outside this week on the radio this morning.

This must mean that Smith is unlikely to be ready to go this weekend, especially if you couple this with them activating Fort from the PS to play defense this week.

themunn

Reaction score
kidhawk":10782fw9 said:
Wagner said something about moving back outside this week on the radio this morning.

This must mean that Smith is unlikely to be ready to go this weekend, especially if you couple this with them activating Fort from the PS to play defense this week.

I assume you mean Wright?

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
themunn":1sozonb0 said:
kidhawk":1sozonb0 said:

Yes he does.

kidhawk

Reaction score
themunn":1zimzp43 said:
kidhawk":1zimzp43 said:

yes. I still have Wagner on the brain from Pete's presser earlier.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
So we are playing without Smith and Wagner? Or is it KJ and Wagner?
No matter I guess. It still blows. :(

TRAP GAME!!!!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":w13ehxxv said:

TRAP GAME!!!!

Wagner is still out with his turf toe. Wright was replacing him, but with Smith questionable with his groin injury they are moving Wright back to his regular position outside and bringing Coyle in to start.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Hopefully we get a big lead and KPL gets lots of playing time at LB when Bruce shifts to end to rush the passer.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2suqpzxp said:

TRAP GAME!!!!

Where is your sense of adventure? I like seeing different combinations. And, these kids getting their first start is a really big event. It makes the next game more interesting.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Perfect game to get him some playing time. Not taking anyone lightly, but the Raiders are pretty bad.

byau

Reaction score
Hopefully we don't take anyone lately. I'm a little on edge about that, but so far this season I am hoping reality is hitting the team to start focusing

Not to mention last season's Tampa Bay debacle should be a good reminer.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Croyle tends to sit and wait for the play to come to him. Maybe a week of prep will help.

Wright and Smith had a terrible dynamic. Smith isn't at his best vs the run anyway, but he and Wright had some big struggles playing side by side in controlling their gaps.

KPL had no such issues. He missed a tackle he should not have, but he was in his gaps vs the run.

hawk45

Reaction score
Does this mean we won't see Irvin at DE in passing situations or is that still on the table?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Mojambo":1w5bgwp7 said:
Hopefully we get a big lead and KPL gets lots of playing time at LB when Bruce shifts to end to rush the passer.

I'm hoping for the same thing, but the Raider D is no joke...especially against the run. They normally keep it pretty close in the first half.

My gut reaction is to use KPL at LB for the whole game and leave Bruce at DE, but I suppose KPL's experience level isn't there yet.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Rocket":qamkwchf said:
GRIZZLIES !!!!!!

Clearly not black enuff, tho. :shock:
Actually though, in today's absolutely meaningless thought of the day: Brock Coyle might be the first white defensive starter on the Seahawks since.... I can't even remember. I don't think Farwell ever started. Marsh never started.

Tical21

Reaction score
Dang, I was hoping I was going to realize my long-lost dream of seeing Wags on the outside.

Unfortunately, I am not terribly optimistic about Coyle. If one of the linemen get to his body, he gets completely washed out of the play. I was hoping we were going to see KPL, although I will admit that KJ Wright totally underwhelmed in the inside last week.