He completely redeems himself!

xgeoff

Reaction score
Seafan":pwbrodrl said:
Bruce Irvin does too!!!!!!!

Wow, that is the first time I've seen Irvin look like the monster edge rusher we wanted when we drafted him. This could mean good things!!

Erebus

Reaction score
I'm so glad Willson had that TD, because I was getting really down on him thinking he couldn't catch a ball while taking a hit.

pehawk

Reaction score
xgeoff":1zmrd2q7 said:
Seafan":1zmrd2q7 said:
Bruce Irvin does too!!!!!!!

Wow, that is the first time I've seen Irvin look like the monster edge rusher we wanted when we drafted him. This could mean good things!!

If the Seahawks and Bruce now you're passing, Bruce WILL sack you. Irvin would have some gaudy numbers in Denver, man.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Yes, props to Luke and Bruce....OP should change title to include both.

They both struggled early in the game and came back to make HUUUUGE plays. Great job guys.

Now on the flip side, Bennett, Sherman and Thomas all had chances to be heroes and couldn't close the deal.

P.S. Quinn keep Bruce in as DE on pass rush down with avril on the other side and Bennett and Mebane up the middle!!!!

sturg78

Reaction score
Bruce has all the physical talent he just isn't a smart man. Put him on the line and say f everything else, get the qb!

CANHawk

Reaction score
Chawks1":2tscks60 said:
Yes, props to Luke and Bruce....OP should change title to include both.

They both struggled early in the game and came back to make HUUUUGE plays. Great job guys.

Now on the flip side, Bennett, Sherman and Thomas all had chances to be heroes and couldn't close the deal.

P.S. Quinn keep Bruce in as DE on pass rush down with avril on the other side and Bennett and Mebane up the middle!!!!

Bennett up the middle with avril and Clemmons on the outside was what made the four man rush work last year. No reason we can't replace Clem with Irvin and keep going.

Irvin is a pass rushing beast. Please end the Irvin as a LB experiment asap.

olyfan63

Reaction score
sturg78":2pua20qx said:
Bruce has all the physical talent he just isn't a smart man. Put him on the line and say f everything else, get the qb!

That's sure how it seems sometimes. Can't ever find fault with his effort, though.
Do remember, Irvin is still quite raw as a football player; IIRC, he didn't really play much in HS, and walked on to a JuCo team and wasn't even a starter there, and finally they put him at safety.

Give him a little benefit of the doubt to keep developing football smarts as the Seahawks coaches continue to coach him up.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
olyfan63":3fjn73q3 said:
sturg78":3fjn73q3 said:

That's sure how it seems sometimes. Can't ever find fault with his effort, though.
Do remember, Irvin is still quite raw as a football player; IIRC, he didn't really play much in HS, and walked on to a JuCo team and wasn't even a starter there, and finally they put him at safety.

Give him a little benefit of the doubt to keep developing football smarts as the Seahawks coaches continue to coach him up.

OK I agree. He has to get it soon though

olyfan63

Reaction score
Also, they spent last season working on teaching him to be a LB.