Russell

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Squinty Mike Silver was just on the NFL network talking about the devise in the locker room. He says it's real and it began with Percy but now that it's out there it lingers. He said Russell is too nice and that rubs the "street" guys the wrong way. According to Silver some players resent Russell's friendship with Paul Allen and JS off the field. They say ,"Russ is not one of us."
Michael Irvin said this is low class thinking and added that Russ isn't doing anything wrong and should not change. He pointed out that qBs like Montana, Aikman, Warner, Manning, and Tom Brady do not and did not go clubbing with the guys and no one expected them too. He said a QB is the go between Management and players and his responsibilities are much greater than other players. He ended with ... And Sapp agreed (shutter) that some of our guys have let success go to their heads and need to get over themselves and look in the mirror. Russ isn't the problem.. They are.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yup. Those players also need to realize that if push comes to shove, they will be the ones let go and not Russ. So they better get with the program if they want their job.

Steve2222

Reaction score
A franchise QB is the face of the franchise. Are the black players jealous of that? So if he was white they wouldn't have a problem with this? Lol this mindset Is just mind boggling to me.

Seems to me like another example of "trying to keep the man down."

Don't change for them Russ. They'll bring in players that appreciate what you do.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Rob12":1ilvlssi said:
Clean more house, Pete. Get rid of the rotten parts.

Yep.

Sad as it is, this team will look very different in 2015.

But it'll be necessary -- and it might make for a painful rest of 2014.

getnasty

Reaction score
So who outside of Marshawn thinks Russ isnt hood enough? The only other people that I could see being a problem would be Avril and Bennett? I dont see anyone else that matters making a issue of this.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It isn't street and it isn't hood related. It isn't even an us vs them attitude about ownership and management.

Players want to, need to think that if they are the most qualified, the winner in practice, all in, they will get rewarded by management.

Put anything in the way of that, and they git disillusioned in a hurry.

For example, a young QB who they fear has a say in who gets kept and let go. Who plays and who doesn't. if anyone is grumbling Wilson lacks street, it is a side grumble. The main gripe would still be an extra voice standing between you and what you want, a voice you fear management and ownership listen to.

I love it. I have always seen Russell's final step to greatness being a loud and vocal voice in how the offense and even team are run. Great QBs have always been that way. Elway got Dan Reeves shipped. Manning gets what he asks for. Great QBs are Type A personalities, and they do leave casualties behind.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
Anyone remember the comment by Warren Moon from way back. It was something to the effect of Russell needing to be THE GUY but at the same time still being one of the guys. He talked about Russ spending time with guys off the field and stuff like that. At the time I thought it was a strange thing to say, but in retrospect it seems RW's distant relationship with his teammates goes way back. I for one, don't care. Sometimes what makes people great also makes them difficult to relate to.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":3u9s3fr3 said:
Anyone remember the comment by Warren Moon from way back. It was something to the effect of Russell needing to be THE GUY but at the same time still being one of the guys. He talked about Russ spending time with guys off the field and stuff like that. At the time I thought it was a strange thing to say, but in retrospect it seems RW's distant relationship with his teammates goes way back. I for one, don't care. Sometimes what makes people great also makes them difficult to relate to.
Does Warren think Pey Pey is "one of the guys"? If so, I'd wager he's wrong. That doesn't mean he isn't liked by his fellow players though either.

Largent80

Reaction score
Personally, I am tired of hearing all this crap, and just want to watch football.

Between this shit and the refs, I am about ready to throw in the towel.

OP
OP
brimsalabim

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Russell organized those off season trips to Cali to work out. Percy did of attend. He had a good excuse both times but still.... Russ's job is to get the work done not to make it rain at a strip club. Last season every one was happy that our QB did not behave like Capernick off of the field but suddenly this season its a problem that he doesn't ? No we have a bunch of young guys who got paid and a bunch more who want to get paid next and they are ALL playing like individual pieces instead of the cohesive team they were last season. Russ isn't the problem and all of the griping will die away if we get back to winning. If we don't the grippers will be replaced with team first players.