Will the Real Seahawks Defense Please Stand up?

Do you think the Seahawks Defense will get back to dominance we are notorious for?

• Yes... It will start this week in Carolina

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Yes... But it will start in the next few weeks

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • No... Our defense is not going to figure it out this year

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • No... I am a Banana (Rejected Cartoon Reference)

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
Will the Real Seahawks Defense Please Stand Up!?

...As we all know, our defense is currently a joke. We have given up the same amount of points we have scored this season, very sad. However, this being said I still believe that our defense will figure it the f**k out and get back to our old school, black and blue, intimidating presence. Its just a matter of bad luck and poor timing that we have not had many turnovers. I see this changing tomorrow in Carolina. I am predicting 2 turnovers for our defense and under 18 points allowed. Crossing my fingers :?

Poll... Do you think our defense will turn it around and get back to our notorious dominance?

-Freshly

RiverDog

Reaction score
The biggest difference between our defense of the past few years and this defense is our pass rush, or rather, the lack thereof. No defensive back in the league is going to consistently hang with NFL quality receivers for 5 or 6 seconds, and every NFL quality quarterback is going to complete passes when he has all day and the entire field to work with. It's also the primary reason why we are not generating turnovers like we are used to (5 turnovers in 6 games). The offense sucking on 3rd downs doesn't help, either.

OP
OP
FreshlySnipes

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
I agree with everything you said. Our pass rush needs to get it together. Our offense is doing enough to win us games. If our defense can just turn it around we will be just fine

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I think the injuries have taken their toll. Especially Kams. I also think the new rules emphasis has made our defense play less aggressively, but I think that's because of the coaching staff more than the players themselves.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3on4bbfh said:
I think the injuries have taken their toll. Especially Kams. I also think the new rules emphasis has made our defense play less aggressively, but I think that's because of the coaching staff more than the players themselves.

I have to disagree. All teams have to deal with injuries. We've been relatively healthy along the DL and the only major contributor in our front 7 that has been missing has been Wagner, although Marsh is now out, too. We're not getting a pass rush, and I don't care who we put in that secondary, whether it be Cam, Earl, or any other player, they're not going to cover receivers for as long as we're giving their quarterbacks. The new rules hasn't affected our pass rush, and our DB's haven't been flagged anymore than any other team.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We didn't need Percy but we brought him in and he contributed berry few positives. Worst of all the guy ate up so much cap that we were forced to let players we did need go. Yes injuries are a problem too but we need that pass rush back. Loosing that push in conjunction with the new rules has been a death nail. At this point the only way to solve it is to re scheme.

2 ints this season.....

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1tm7qge1 said:
We didn't need Percy but we brought him in and he contributed berry few positives. Worst of all the guy ate up so much cap that we were forced to let players we did need go. Yes injuries are a problem too but we need that pass rush back. Loosing that push in conjunction with the new rules has been a death nail. At this point the only way to solve it is to re scheme.

2 ints this season.....

I think that loosing a defensive line push would be good as well.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Our defense has forces 0 turnovers on the road this season.
The NFL network guys are actually doing a solid job of pointing out that our Defense is letting us down and not just pass rush either. Our line backers aren't taking on blocks so that the safety's can make plays. Our defense is playing selfishly because everyone wants theirs and it's hurting the team.

OP
OP
FreshlySnipes

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":83elj0zb said:
brimsalabim":83elj0zb said:

2 ints this season.....

What is good about that?

hawkfannj

Reaction score
This years Defense is just flat out bad all around . It's mind blowing had bad it's got so fast . I know we had some personnel turnover but not go from the best ever argue ably to just plain bad

northseahawk

Reaction score
Your all a bunch off trolls!

Don't speak a single negative about our seahawks. They are the best ever.

RiverDog

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2xbanmis said:
Our defense has forces 0 turnovers on the road this season.
The NFL network guys are actually doing a solid job of pointing out that our Defense is letting us down and not just pass rush either. Our line backers aren't taking on blocks so that the safety's can make plays. Our defense is playing selfishly because everyone wants theirs and it's hurting the team.

Not having Wagner is hurting our run defense. We were leading the league in run defense until he got hurt. But it's been the pass rush that's been absent all year long that's had the largest effect.

But it was better yesterday. Irvin finally came up with an impact play. I'll bet he wishes we played Carolina every weekend. I don't know how in the heck Michael Bennett missed Newton. It was encouraging, the second half looked more like the Seahawk defense of old. Making 13 points stand up is pretty impressive.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":38kie98v said:
CurryStopstheRuns":38kie98v said:
brimsalabim":38kie98v said:

2 ints this season.....

What is good about that?

I would guess that it would be the same effect as loosing your bowels after a out with constipation.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The defense is not flat out bad. They are ranked #4 in total defense. Are there some areas in need of improvement? Yes there are but to say they are flat out bad is a bit of stretch. They've suffered some key injuries. They may not be as great as they were last year but they are still pretty good. They didn't lose to Denver by 3 tds or more.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawkfan68":35agvrwo said:
The defense is not flat out bad. They are ranked #4 in total defense. Are there some areas in need of improvement? Yes there are but to say they are flat out bad is a bit of stretch. They've suffered some key injuries. They may not be as great as they were last year but they are still pretty good. They didn't lose to Denver by 3 tds or more.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

How many other teams would be ranked 4th overall after facing Rodgers, Rivers, Manning (the good one), Romo and Newton? None. Just wait a few games when they add in Carr, Manning (the bad one), Smith, Palmer, Kaep and Foles. They will rank higher at the end of the season, even though there isn't much room to move up.

The "Real" defense has been standing all along. The other guys get paid too and they're also pretty damn good.