Our Offense

Microfiber

Reaction score
lets not get crazy... People always play up to their ability when one of their better players is out.... You're crazy to think we would be better without him.

lsheldon

Reaction score
What offense? If it weren't for special teams we'd have scored 3 points on offense. I would ask for an offense for the Seahawks for Christmas, but by then it will be too late to help.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Can't really blame one person, our WR aren't getting enough separation and every single highlight clips i see, I see our guys getting held on almost every play, even on defense, Mebane is getting held on that Murray TD. We also had a short week to prepare for this game. I'm glad we lost at home as well, we needed to learn that we can be beat anywhere, at any time.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
We have been a very good offense ever since the Chicago game and yet this year when Percy is finally healthy we have been pretty mediocre. We have gone away from pounding Marshawn to shotgun formations and trick plays.
I thought we overpaid for him at the time and I still do.
Of course we haven't done much with our first picks anyway so hard to say but we are paying Percy loads of money and I think we are playing worse with him.

sam1313

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3q98hwup said:
We have been a very good offense ever since the Chicago game and yet this year when Percy is finally healthy we have been pretty mediocre. We have gone away from pounding Marshawn to shotgun formations and trick plays.
I thought we overpaid for him at the time and I still do.
Of course we haven't done much with our first picks anyway so hard to say but we are paying Percy loads of money and I think we are playing worse with him.

Perhaps it is just that our OC is too stupid to use Percy as a freaking receiver. He comes in the game and everyone knows he is getting a hand off in the back field or a quick slant pass. The only time he was ever targeted deeper down field he was open but RW couldn't get him the ball.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
They are force feeding this hArvin based offense . Don't think it's working out so much?

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Seems to be that Bevell's just too preoccupied with being clever that he won't just let Harvin be what he is, and what we need: a damn WR. Harvin's fine, but all this misdirection and trickery is better suited for a magic show than a football field.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
These are the same issues we were seeing in the third quarter against Washington. For those of you who were calling some of us spoiled because we voiced concerns over that performance, I hope you can now understand where we were coming from.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I will agree that using Harvin as a RB way too much is what's killing some of the drive. We need to get back to smashing them in the mouth with Lynch and get to those deep balls. The way our defense hasn't been able to catch some INT's, is the same ways some of our receivers are dropping balls that should be caught. We catch those we keep drives alive.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I just think we need to get back to ground and pound. I don't know if its because of Russel that we are using so much of the shotgun formation but I just think we are far more effective when Russel is under center.
Harvin is great as a once in a while play and or decoy but man is he overrated by this forum.