I know it's early but Marshawn leads the league in TD's

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
And I think that's awesome.

Forgive me if this wasn't worthy of a thread of its own but I didn't know where else to put it and I had to put it somewhere. I think it's worthy.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":ycxfkkbg said:
And I think that's awesome.

Forgive me if this wasn't worthy of a thread of its own but I didn't know where else to put it and I had to put it somewhere. I think it's worthy.

It's worthy. He is playing like the boss he is. IF he keeps it up, the HOF discussion we had this offseason gets very interesting.

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Tied with Julius Thomas. Only 2 non-kickers in the top 15 in the league for scoring.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Always a good sign when you can get into the end zone on the ground. Thanks for sharing.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If Marshawn has a monster year, do you guys think there's a chance that Seattle will bring him back for the last year of his deal?

Most people assume he's gone after this year, but if he has an outstanding year I could see him forcing his way onto the roster for one more year.

Laloosh

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1b9mwpns said:
If Marshawn has a monster year, do you guys think there's a chance that Seattle will bring him back for the last year of his deal?

Most people assume he's gone after this year, but if he has an outstanding year I could see him forcing his way onto the roster for one more year.

I'm not sure what the cap hit is for 2015 but if he finishes as strongly as he's started, I don't see why they wouldn't bring him back. He's leaps and bounds better than Turbin and Cmike hasn't been able to win the backup spot.

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Laloosh":2i434w1q said:
Always a good sign when you can get into the end zone on the ground. Thanks for sharing.

2 of the 5 are receiving TD's, for what it's worth.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's my understanding that his cap hit next year is around 5.5 million.

We forwarded some of the money from next year to this year and I believe it lessened his cap hit.

At that number, I can't see us not bringing him back for his last year, especially if his production keeps up and his backups don't step up and make him dispensable (like he could ever be dispensable).

Laloosh

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2hvm68or said:
Laloosh":2hvm68or said:

True. Even better. Doing it both ways.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3jxlzvuf said:
Laloosh":3jxlzvuf said:
Zebulon Dak":3jxlzvuf said:
Laloosh":3jxlzvuf said:

True. Even better. Doing it both ways.
Must..resist....urge to make joke..!

I'd appreciate it if you could stay on topic before this thread is locked or consolidated into a Marshawn thread. :stirthepot:

TwilightError

Reaction score
If he keeps performing like this, he should not only be brought back next year but he should be given a contract extension. One year only though, gotta be careful with running backs cause the decline can be steep.

The HoF depends on storylines as much as yards. If he makes some more forever memorable plays (such as BeastQuake) and wins a Super Bowl by scoring 200 yards and 3 TDs (winning the game with his individual performance), he is in even with a few less yards than Emmitt Smith...

Laloosh

Reaction score
Think he'd hold out again if he has no decline?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Laloosh":1q3lq1zv said:
Hard to say, honestly. History is NOT on his side in terms of a (would be at the start of the season) 29-year-old running back holding out for more money, particularly one with his "I'm the Juggernaut" running style.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
A holdout is the only thing that might prevent him from being a Seahawk next season, other than an injury.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ic3b3lh said:
Laloosh":1ic3b3lh said:
Hard to say, honestly. History is NOT on his side in terms of a (would be at the start of the season) 29-year-old running back holding out for more money, particularly one with his "I'm the Juggernaut" running style.

Given cmikes untimely injury and turbo's level of suck, I wonder if his early success continuing wouldn't turn the tables on that a bit. I think Cmike is the fulcrum on that teeter totter.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Laloosh":soci7mx5 said:
Given cmikes untimely injury and turbo's level of suck, I wonder if his early success continuing wouldn't turn the tables on that a bit. I think Cmike is the fulcrum on that teeter totter.
I too am very curious to see what happens if/when Michael gets some serious carries. I hope it happens soon.