Skittles Mode...........

kearly

Reaction score
The cynic in me can't help but notice that Lynch resisted cashing in on official Skittles endorsements until just after his contract holdout failed to pan out.

But that said, anything that gets Lynch in potential future commercials can only be an awesome thing. I hope Skittles rolls out a full ad campaign for Lynch. I want some Old Spice style insanity. The potential with Lynch as a pitchman is enormous.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":283j1n0x said:
The cynic in me can't help but notice that Lynch resisted cashing in on official Skittles endorsements until just after his contract holdout failed to pan out.

But that said, anything that gets Lynch in potential future commercials can only be an awesome thing. I hope Skittles rolls out a full ad campaign for Lynch. I want some Old Spice style insanity. The potential with Lynch as a pitchman is enormous.

Marshawn Lynch, like the rest of the team, didn't really hit national prominence until this last year. Particularly at media day. I know -we- all knew about him and his ties to Skittles, but I would be shocked if the regular Joe NFL fan in Topeka, Kansas or Louisville, Kentucky knew.

So.. no.. I don't think his holdout had anything to do with him cashing in on an endorsement. More so the Super Bowl and everything leading up to that.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":2djny6m0 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0_aBMgBo_k

Snickers could have done this with tons of NFL players, and it could have been far funnier than J Clipboard.

Backup or not.. Manziel is a huge name already. He was big in college and is even bigger now. He's basically morphing into the next Tebow in terms of hype.

What other NFL players have that going for them?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":3tr2vfoy said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0_aBMgBo_k

Snickers could have done this with tons of NFL players, and it could have been far funnier than J Clipboard.
I thought it was quite funny as is.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":crqh4irc said:
Marshawn Lynch, like the rest of the team, didn't really hit national prominence until this last year. Particularly at media day. I know -we- all knew about him and his ties to Skittles, but I would be shocked if the regular Joe NFL fan in Topeka, Kansas or Louisville, Kentucky knew.

So.. no.. I don't think his holdout had anything to do with him cashing in on an endorsement. More so the Super Bowl and everything leading up to that.

The Skittles meme was getting mentioned in nationally broadcasted games as far back as 2011, the Seahawks as a team have been nationally prominent since 2012, and Lynch is one of the league's biggest stars, thanks in large part to the popularity of fantasy football and Lynch's unique and popular brand with fans around the league. If Joe from Topeka didn't know about the Seahawks or Lynch before this month, it's probably safe to say that Joe from Topeka is an idiot. The Skittles meme has been well known nationally for at least two years now.

But getting to the point, it was less than a month ago that Michael Robinson said on NFL network that Lynch had previously passed up on the chance to endorse Skittles for pay. Some time in the last month, it would appear that stance has changed.

I think the holdout gave Lynch a deeper understanding of how athletes make their money. And since Lynch is an endorsement stroke of genius waiting to happen, I think this is a very good thing.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
His jerk would have been red lighted in competition.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
kearly":19ai5y19 said:
Hasselbeck":19ai5y19 said:

The Skittles meme was getting mentioned in nationally broadcasted games as far back as 2011, the Seahawks as a team have been nationally prominent since 2012, and Lynch is one of the league's biggest stars, thanks in large part to the popularity of fantasy football and Lynch's unique and popular brand with fans around the league. If Joe from Topeka didn't know about the Seahawks or Lynch before this month, it's probably safe to say that Joe from Topeka is an idiot. The Skittles meme has been well known nationally for at least two years now.

But getting to the point, it was less than a month ago that Michael Robinson said on NFL network that Lynch had previously passed up on the chance to endorse Skittles for pay. Some time in the last month, it would appear that stance has changed.

I think the holdout gave Lynch a deeper understanding of how athletes make their money. And since Lynch is an endorsement stroke of genius waiting to happen, I think this is a very good thing.

I think Marshawn has been working with Skittles for longer than "some time in the past month".