DB Marcus Burley from the Colts for a 6th rounder

drdiags

Reaction score
Hate giving up picks but if the scouts feel he is better than the guys who were toasted Thursday, I have no qualms.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Lane and Simon are dinged up, right? Probably insurance in case one of them incur a more serious injury. We know the answer wasn't Adams.

[edit] accidentally said Maxwell instead of Lane.

Erebus

Reaction score
Seems strange to give up anything higher than a 7th for someone who is probably going to be cut. This tells me the Seahawks really wanted him and he wasn't likely to be cut.

Mick063

Reaction score
Lane is gimped and Adams was burned toast against the Raiders.

Makes sense to me. You make moves like this if your nickel position (slot) isn't up to snuff. The other dbs cover the outside.

Next three weeks:

Rogers
Rivers
Manning

Makes total sense to me. Hawks need a nickel corner....like right now.

w00t

Reaction score
Erebus":2x7n4oaq said:
Seems strange to give up anything higher than a 7th for someone who is probably going to be cut. This tells me the Seahawks really wanted him and he wasn't likely to be cut.

didn't we trade our 7 round pick to the raiders for T.P already? maybe that's why they had to give them a 6th.

This guy might play the slot CB

King Dog

Reaction score
A 6th for a guy who can't stick with the Jags, Eagles, Rams and Colts? I obviously haven't seen him play yet, but sounds like we got fleeced lol

kobebryant

Reaction score
Erebus":1w25qdeh said:

Hawks are dead last in the waiver order, which while obviously a good thing, means that sometimes they have to trade for guys that they want but don't think will last until their spot in the order.

Jville

Reaction score
Relieved to see that they are continuing the effort to address nickel back depth. Hope he excels at working thru traffic.

themunn

Reaction score
Erebus":2iore6hu said:

Or that by being 32nd on the waiver wire, weren't likely to see him make it here

jake206

Reaction score
If hawks make it to SB again, they'd be drafting at the bottom of the 6th round, which is like drafting at the top of the 7th round. So a 7th rounder for a nickel DB that could contribute now. Good deal.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
King Dog":2yyxs3sx said:
A 6th for a guy who can't stick with the Jags, Eagles, Rams and Colts? I obviously haven't seen him play yet, but sounds like we got fleeced lol

This could be a record...17 mins after the trade is announced and we write him off.

Perhaps he needs our system to flourish.

MB12

Reaction score
jake206":2htku59d said:
MB12":2htku59d said:
How tall is he?
5-9'' or 5-10''. But he has very good quickness from what I hear

Thanks, definitely a nickel corner then. Hopefully our system brings the best out of him

iigakusei

Reaction score
My first thought was he can return punts too. Anyone know?