Phil Bates Or Ricardo Lockette?

Reaction score
At least in game situations, Bates has shown almost NOTHING this preseason. As such I'd stick with Lockette because of his Special Teams play.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I wasn't a big fan of Lockette heading into this season, but I've been impressed so far. He actually looks like he could be a contributing receiver in addition to his stellar ST's play (even with the occasional stupid penalty).

Bates might be another year away. His catch against Denver on the post route was nice and his long TD catch last night's game was great too see, but a bad drop against Chicago hurt his chances. If he's still PS eligible, I hope we can keep him for another season.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Lockette. He has shown improvement in being a WR, and he is now a good ST contributor. He's like Ben Obamanu, but really fast and has a mean-streak.

Bates has a way better chance of clearing waivers than Lockette, IMO.

kpak76

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":1pu52gzw said:
Lockette. He has shown improvement in being a WR, and he is now a good ST contributor. He's like Ben Obamanu, but really fast and has a mean-streak.

Lockett is not elegible for the PS so who cares if he clears waivers. Lockett is probably a lock. The real question is Bates or Pryor, and my money is on Bates.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
kpak76":1yt9w50i said:
HunnyBadger":1yt9w50i said:

Lockett is not elegible for the PS so who cares if he clears waivers. Lockett is probably a lock. The real question is Bates or Pryor, and my money is on Bates.

'Phantom' roster.

kpak76

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":24yhaswz said:
kpak76":24yhaswz said:
HunnyBadger":24yhaswz said:

'Phantom' roster.

Dont quite get your meaning on that. :?:

King Dog

Reaction score
Lockette for sure imo. The feel good stories about Bates have been great, but Lockette has been more consistent throughout the preseason and brings the wood on special teams.