Cuts made....

sutz

Reaction score
So, by my math, there will be a few more, right?

Not a lot of surprises there.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I'm sure there's some strategy here that I can't even comprehend, i.e. the timing of cutting some of these guys will improve the likelihood that they make it through waivers. Bronson and Jeffcoat in particular seem like good options for the PS.

Cutting Thomas and Smith early gives them more time to try to make another team.

sutz

Reaction score
Throwdown":11r2ru4s said:
Bronson is kind of a surprise.
Not given who's in front of him. If we go 5 RB/FB, we're kind of set with ML-Turbs-CM-Coleman and Ware or Small.

:229031_shrug:

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Really disappointed that Jeffcoat under performed, I had some hopes he could work at rotational LB/pass rusher but he was really bad.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Wait a minute people are really surprised Bronson got cut?????

Basis4day

Reaction score
sutz":2q816886 said:
So, by my math, there will be a few more, right?

Not a lot of surprises there.

Correct:

August 26

Teams must reduce their rosters to a maximum of 75 players on the active list prior to 1PM PST.

A

Anonymous

No surprises at all for me.

Not sure where the D. Bronson love is coming from, all I saw were 2.3 yards followed swiftly by a tackle.

He couldn't even carry C. Michael's jock past the LOS.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Bronson looked decent in spots, but he was never going to make the final roster as a tailback. The field is too crowded as it is. I think the team needs to take good long look at Ware as a RB in Oakland and continue to look at Michael as a potential RB2. In that regard, it makes sense to drop Bronson now, because the RB reps are becoming precious.

Right now, you're looking at Seattle keeping 4 or 5 of the following: Lynch, Turbin, Michael, Coleman, Small and Ware. And remember that keeping five could cost you a sixth WR (e.g. Lockette).

Largent80

Reaction score
The first round of cuts shouldn't raise any eyebrows.

Keep your eyes on Saturday though, there may be some there that some may scratch their heads over.

A

Anonymous

DavidSeven":bz9xyy1u said:
Bronson looked decent in spots, but he was never going to make the final roster as a tailback. The crowd is too crowded as it is. I think the team needs to take good long look at Ware as a RB in Oakland and continue to look at Michael as a potential RB2. In that regard, it makes sense to drop Bronson now, because the RB reps are becoming precious.

Right now, you're looking at Seattle keeping 4 or 5 of the following: Lynch, Turbin, Michael, Coleman, Small and Ware. And remember that keeping five could cost you a sixth WR (e.g. Lockette).

Think we keep Small?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":5wmoakl1 said:
DavidSeven":5wmoakl1 said:
Bronson looked decent in spots, but he was never going to make the final roster as a tailback. The crowd is too crowded as it is. I think the team needs to take good long look at Ware as a RB in Oakland and continue to look at Michael as a potential RB2. In that regard, it makes sense to drop Bronson now, because the RB reps are becoming precious.

Think we keep Small?

I like him. The dude has been laying some nasty blocks this preseason. However, if his spot comes at the cost of an extra receiver, not sure.

lsheldon

Reaction score
What do you guys think about Dowtin? He looked pretty good against the Bears. Just not sure if we need another LB though with the talent we currently have at that position.