Is there anyone still saying/arguing......../

Rainger

Reaction score
That Russell Wilson is not the best QB in Seahawks existence?

That Pete Carroll is not the best Coach in Seahawks existence?

That John Schneider is not the best GM in Seahawks existence?

That Paul Allen is not the best owner in Seahawks existence?

That this is not the best Defense in Seahawks existence?

That this year will not be the best Offense in Seahawks existence?

That these last few years and the next few years are not the best years to be a Seahawks fan in the Seahawks existence?

chris98251

Reaction score
If you were here at inception those would be the best. If you are basing it on competition yes. Patera era was fun, Knox Era successful but boring on offense comparatively speaking but a good defense to watch. It was very good many forget how good except us older fans. The Behring years were miserable for everyone. The Holmgren years were about a great offense and a return to winning as well as dominating the NFC west, however defense was not seemingly as much as a primary concern. Carroll has brought it all together, Front office in Schneider, Offense is now getting it's feet under them, be interesting to see how it matures, we have not been as exciting or dominating as Holmgrens years but efficient and opportunistic. Wilson brings the excitement factor since we never know what's going to happen, Beastmode brings the attitude and his break aways are like a runaway Bus on top of Queen Anne Hill. Defense, it needs no accolades we all know about it. Special teams, I think I have to go back to the Rusty Tillman days to find a time that I was impressed and excited to watch Punt and Kick offs. Both the defense and return side. That's not a slam on Ryan or Hauschka either they just are really good.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
chris98251":2epzvixn said:
If you were here at inception those would be the best. If you are basing it on competition yes. Patera era was fun, Knox Era successful but boring on offense comparatively speaking but a good defense to watch. It was very good many forget how good except us older fans. The Behring years were miserable for everyone. The Holmgren years were about a great offense and a return to winning as well as dominating the NFC west, however defense was not seemingly as much as a primary concern. Carroll has brought it all together, Front office in Schneider, Offense is now getting it's feet under them, be interesting to see how it matures, we have not been as exciting or dominating as Holmgrens years but efficient and opportunistic. Wilson brings the excitement factor since we never know what's going to happen, Beastmode brings the attitude and his break aways are like a runaway Bus on top of Queen Anne Hill. Defense, it needs no accolades we all know about it. Special teams, I think I have to go back to the Rusty Tillman days to find a time that I was impressed and excited to watch Punt and Kick offs. Both the defense and return side. That's not a slam on Ryan or Hauschka either they just are really good.

Yup I too went through all those years. I appreciate you putting them into words. But this truly is a great time to be a Seahawk fan.

I love you Pete! I love you Pete! I love you Pete! I love you Pete! I love you Pete! I love you Pete! I love you Pete!

Sac

Reaction score
chris98251":2upcurdy said:
...we have not been as exciting or dominating as Holmgrens years ...

I disagree with this completely. This is a way more fun/exciting team to watch.

The Holmgren 'Hawks were fun to watch when we got to push around the cream puff on our schedule. I mean, Jesus, we had a record 3 straight years with the softest schedule by DVOA and we still only squeaked out 9-7 teams until 2005. And physical teams knew they could push us around.

PC's 'Hawks have been far more dominant against much stiffer competition and, IMHO, they've been much more fun to watch.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1rlsd6ie said:
chris98251":1rlsd6ie said:
...we have not been as exciting or dominating as Holmgrens years ...

I disagree with this completely. This is a way more fun/exciting team to watch.

The Holmgren 'Hawks were fun to watch when we got to push around the cream puff on our schedule. I mean, Jesus, we had a record 3 straight years with the softest schedule by DVOA and we still only squeaked out 9-7 teams until 2005. And physical teams knew they could push us around.

PC's 'Hawks have been far more dominant against much stiffer competition and, IMHO, they've been much more fun to watch.

The Holmgren offensive lines were really fun to watch dominate the line of scrimmage and open up those massive holes you could drive a truck through. But the skill players on this year's offense are better than any previous year . . . Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin, Doug Baldwin, Zach Miller, Jermaine Kearse, Christine Michael, Robert Turbin, Luke Willson, Paul Richardson, Derrick Coleman, Kevin Norwood, etc. It's a dynamic and skilled group.

gargantual

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":flr78059 said:
And physical teams knew they could push us around.

Nice to be on the other end of things.....innit?

As much as I love the old walrus and the exciting passing his teams had, this is waaaaay more fun to watch now. Golden's insane acrobatics will be sorely missed, but I'm sure Percy more than fill in the blanks excitement-wise. Dude can ball. :D

Mick063

Reaction score
Russell Wilson may be headed to that elite status sooner than the pundits were expecting.

Me?

I thought he was elite after bringing Seattle back from a deep abyss in the Falcons playoff game, but it isn't about what I think. Team by team, he is making new believers. There aren't as many Charger or Bear fans thinking he is simply a game manager as there was two weeks ago.

He is looking like the player we saw during that hot streak when Seattle was averaging roughly 50 per game down the stretch of his rookie season. Better actually.

Percy adds so much. The whole receiving corps is on the same page and rockin. All that is needed is for the tight end, Wilson, to pick it up a notch.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Mick063":pec62q6j said:
All that is needed is for the tight end, Wilson, to pick it up a notch.

I don't think Willson has played badly. He had a couple great catches against the Chargers. His one drop was due to taking a crushing hit in the end zone. It happens. With Miller needed as an in-line blocker to help out Britt, I think Willson's going to be a big time weapon for us this year on third downs and in the red zone, particularly when he lines up in the slot. He's a mismatch waiting to happen.

gargantual

Reaction score
Mick063":1no1d9ed said:
Russell Wilson may be headed to that elite status sooner than the pundits were expecting.

Me?

I thought he was elite after bringing Seattle back from a deep abyss in the Falcons playoff game, but it isn't about what I think. Team by team, he is making new believers. There aren't as many Charger or Bear fans thinking he is simply a game manager as there was two weeks ago.

He is looking like the player we saw during that hot streak when Seattle was averaging roughly 50 per game down the stretch of his rookie season. Better actually.

Percy adds so much. The whole receiving corps is on the same page and rockin. All that is needed is for the tight end, Wilson, to pick it up a notch.

Wellllllllll and the O-line, the O-line. They're looking better, but I'm still a bit fearful about Russ's health. His elusiveness is legendary, but it only takes one bad "zag" to turn him into one hurtin unit (knock on wood it doesn't happen of course).

Found this pic at the Times' website. Awesome sight!

(Looks like Miller is picking up a little kid!) ;)

Attachments

• 2024371434.jpg
    2024371434.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,690

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawknation2014":zip2h84y said:
Mick063":zip2h84y said:

I don't think Willson has played badly. He had a couple great catches against the Chargers. His one drop was due to taking a crushing hit in the end zone. It happens. With Miller needed as an in-line blocker to help out Britt, I think Willson's going to be a big time weapon for us this year on third downs and in the red zone, particularly when he lines up in the slot. He's a mismatch waiting to happen.

no doubt. talk about overreacting.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Who the hell has ever made an argument that Seattles fielded a better defense than the 2013 team?

Uffda

Reaction score
"That Pete Carroll is not the best Coach in Seahawks existence?"

Soon to be called rePete, well atleast in a season or two.

kearly

Reaction score
Of all the Holmgren teams, only the 2005 version would have made the playoffs out of the 2013 NFC West. Seriously, 11 wins misses the playoffs in the NFC West last year.

And even that is kind of a stretch when thinking about how poorly Holmgren's teams did against physical opponents or on 10am starts (there were 5 such starts in 2013).

When the Seahawks were good from 2003-2007, the national reaction was basically "oh hey neat the Seahawks finally got good." But the national reaction to the 2012-2013 Seahawks was a tidal wave of both hatred and jersey sales. The current era Hawks are turning into the NFL's equivalent of the New York Yankees.

Mick063

Reaction score
Smellyman":2fnaku4a said:
hawknation2014":2fnaku4a said:
Mick063":2fnaku4a said:

no doubt. talk about overreacting.

Perhaps the point was driven home by reliable Kearse scoring the ball in heavy traffic the very next play. The thought went through my head that for the remainder of the season, if they really need it in the red zone, especially on third down, they will dial up Kearse instead of Wilson. Kearse is my definition of "stepping it up". Kearse is Seattle's red zone receiver. For Seattle, not the prototypical tight end's designated role anymore. Kearse' catching radius dwarfs Wilsons.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
I love that this team is so dominant. Even when we lose a game, at least we are in the game. Never have the Hawks instilled me with such confidence.

I am sure there will be plenty of adversity this season, but I refuse to temper my enthusiasm. Tempering my enthusiasm is all I had ever known prior to this group,

gargantual

Reaction score
VaporHawk":36icsvi1 said:
I love that this team is so dominant. Even when we lose a game, at least we are in the game. Never have the Hawks instilled me with such confidence.

I am sure there will be plenty of adversity this season, but I refuse to temper my enthusiasm. Tempering my enthusiasm is all I had ever known prior to this group,

Isn't it awesome! A new experience as a 12. Instead of holding my breath on every down, I can sit back and really enjoy watching the games this year. Really got the monkey off our backs finally winning it all!

This truly is the golden age of Seahawks football.

May it last and last....... ;)

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I dont think anyone can argue against any of those.

The seahawks are truly at the top of their game in so many ways.

Its crazy how good we are. Feels nice being on top.

MB12

Reaction score
gargantual":1ew0zb3h said:
Mick063":1ew0zb3h said:

Me?

Wellllllllll and the O-line, the O-line. They're looking better, but I'm still a bit fearful about Russ's health. His elusiveness is legendary, but it only takes one bad "zag" to turn him into one hurtin unit (knock on wood it doesn't happen of course).

Found this pic at the Times' website. Awesome sight!

(Looks like Miller is picking up a little kid!) ;)

New lockscreen, thanks!