Paul Richardson just tweeted he's signed

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Freaking sweet, get your work in blood cuz we got binness to do!! He's going to be unstoppable. Golden who?

dino26

Reaction score
Yesss [PERSON RAISING BOTH HANDS IN CELEBRATION][PERSON RAISING BOTH HANDS IN CELEBRATION][PERSON RAISING BOTH HANDS IN CELEBRATION]

Go p-rich

pmedic920

Reaction score
pa5y4u5u.jpg

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
This has perhaps been theorized, but I wonder if Seattle traded down to the 2nd round in order to allow the CBA caps to work in their favor when signing their first pick.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Jeez, y'all, it's not THAT big of a whoop. With the new CBA, rookie contracts are now all mere formalities, with 'slotted' money for standard 4 year deals.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":13xr6w4q said:
This has perhaps been theorized, but I wonder if Seattle traded down to the 2nd round in order to allow the CBA caps to work in their favor when signing their first pick.

Partially. It also benefited Minn by getting a QB at 32 so they have a 5th year option if he pans out.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":34914h6p said:
Our Man in Chicago":34914h6p said:

Partially. It also benefited Minn by getting a QB at 32 so they have a 5th year option if he pans out.

It was a win/win scenario...any team still looking for a highly rated qb would want to grab our spot, because it got them in front of Houston who people assumed would be looking at a possible qb here, plus it gives the team signing them the ability to lock in the 5th year down the road if they so choose.

For us, it gives us about $8 million in extra cap space (I believe Bridgewater signed for over $12 million) over the life of the contract, which will be helpful to re-sign our own as we move forward while still hopefully getting a possible 1st round talent in the 2nd round.

I was waiting to see what kind of savings there would be between the two when the numbers came out and if the rumored numbers for each is correct, then it makes our moving back all the better

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1ktum4dp said:

I doubt it, that money savings is neutralized by the fact that 1st rounders can be optioned for a 5th year, thus controlling the player an extra year at a reasonable rate. That's a reason to take someone in the first round.. Overall I think the 2 benefits offset each other.

I think what a lot of "Draft Experts" fail to factor into Seattle's drafts are the tradebacks and picking up more picks. Everyone was saying Irvin was a reach, but Seattle was able to get an extra pick to trade and get who they wanted, funny how a year later Mingo and the Dolphins DE get overdrafted in the top 6 or so and no one bats an eye.

GoHawks

Reaction score
dino26":1a5bm15m said:
Yesss [PERSON RAISING BOTH HANDS IN CELEBRATION][PERSON RAISING BOTH HANDS IN CELEBRATION][PERSON RAISING BOTH HANDS IN CELEBRATION]

Go p-rich

With that Avatar - who wouldn't be raising both hands in Celebration !

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm gonna' go out on a limb, here. We all know most WRs take time to get their (NFL) feet under them, but IF Richardson stays healthy, I predict his numbers this year will put him top 3 of this (fine) rookie class. He's going to see a lot of single coverage and Wilson loves to throw the kinda' balls a young, speedy receiver like Richardson will be running under. With Harvin underneath, Richardson couldn't have stepped into a better situation. He already runs decent, if not excellent routes, but it's not going to be his "precise route running" that will get him in the endzone for the Seattle Seahawks.

I sincerely believe both he and Norwood will start next year and as much as I love him, I won't be surprised if Kearse is starting elsewhere. Someone is likely to offer him more than Harvin's contract will allow us to pay. But I hope not. Harvin, Baldwin, Richardson, Norwood and Kearse create a very nice, lethal mix at the position. Each with tangibles that make them extremely valuable to Wilson and our Hawks.

* Not yet counting Rice out of the mix, but it would be rather presumptuous, imo, to just count him in.

Seafan

Reaction score
PRich and Harvin are going to loosen up the 8 man fronts and allow Marshawn a little more room then he was getting last year. Of course if OKung, Unger and the RT can stay healthy that will aid the running game as well.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
The possibilities are endless!!!!! Eat your heart out Chris Carter!!! Bizatch!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Seafan":1ht6xe08 said:
PRich and Harvin are going to loosen up the 8 man fronts and allow Marshawn a little more room then he was getting last year. Of course if OKung, Unger and the RT can stay healthy that will aid the running game as well.

Interesting thoughts I was thinking just today about what PC said about 2 most explosive players barely played in Harvin and Michael, now you add in P Rich and that's pretty exciting assuming Michael can beat out Turbin for the #2 Rb.. Add in Willson in his 2nd year should emerge as a consistent threat @ TE.. people keep talking about the of passing attempts - this team can throw 30 times a game this year without changing a thing - just becoming more efficient. there was a time last year when the team wasn't efficient at all converting in the mid 20% range on third down, if we can stay in the 35+% range there will be alot more plays to be had

HawkWow

Reaction score
Seafan":1l9dwvoz said:

Absolutely and that will only add fuel to our power football mentality. People are excited to see what Michael can do under such conditions, I'm equally excited to see what Turbin can do. He seems to be the popular odd man out though he is clearly our 2nd best option (as of this writing).

two dog

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":22y1zduy said:

I doubt it was a strategy. Probably had more to do with New England taking Dominique Easley
three picks ahead of the Seahawks turn. We will probably never know for sure if he was the
Seahawk's target but that's the word around the campfire.

Latest posts