Eric Pinkins signed

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Schneider said Pinkins and Kevin Pierre-Louis were the two can't-miss players from this class.

Go Hawks!

kidhawk

Reaction score
This is one of the best things about the rookie cap...it's so much easier to get the deals negotiated and signed. You don't see the hold outs there used to be every year and that means more time in the off season to get these guys in sync with your system.

MB12

Reaction score
Anyone think this guy will play on special teams?

mikeak

Reaction score
Bears had all but a 3rd rounder signed yesterday. A few years ago a single signing this early would be great.

But I wonder why it is taking us so long / bears did it so quickly.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I bet we just do it better and it takes more time to get the contract right.
That's just a hunch with no real data behind it, based on how Pete and John roll.
I bet there's a little more individual attention to each contract, things like Incentive clauses, maybe things involving helping players get "moved in" and set up their environment for success, spelling out community obligations, etc.
Or it could just be we're still 3 weeks behind from being in the Super Bowl. :)

Anyone have some real data to share? Do the 'Hawks do rookie contracts just like every other team, or do Pete and John put their own special stamp on the process?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
It all pretty much outlined by last years signing in 2012 Irvin was the 1st round 1 pick to sign, I would be shocked if they didn't all get signed today. 2 have signed yesterday 7 more to go.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1dmeb0tu said:
Schneider said Pinkins and Kevin Pierre-Louis were the two can't-miss players from this class.

Go Hawks!
Did Schneider put it like that? "Can't miss" players? If so, that is better. But, I think I know the comment you are talking about. Listened to that interview. Wasn't it the interview with Brock and Danny? Wasn't the question more framed something like (yes, they like all their draft selections) but, "which player(s) you most excited about" or something along those lines?
Yeah, I liked Pierre-Louis going into the draft. nfl.si.com said he is potentially the most underrated player in the draft and wasn't he the fastest timed LB prospect? There was pre-draft talk of him possibly playing Safety in the NFL, so I was thinking he might fit in well with the Seahawks at either position (fast OLB or monster Safety.)

sutz

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":14or5mux said:
hawknation2014":14or5mux said:

Go Hawks!
Did Schneider put it like that? "Can't miss" players? If so, that is better. But, I think I know the comment you are talking about. Listened to that interview. Wasn't it the interview with Brock and Danny? Wasn't the question more framed something like (yes, they like all their draft selections) but, "which player(s) you most excited about" or something along those lines?
Yeah, I liked Pierre-Louis going into the draft. nfl.si.com said he is potentially the most underrated player in the draft and wasn't he the fastest timed LB prospect? There was pre-draft talk of him possibly playing Safety in the NFL, so I was thinking he might fit in well with the Seahawks at either position (fast OLB or monster Safety.)
In some ways, we seem to be re-writing the defensive play book, so whatever position he plays, he's an interesting prospect. Not that he will immediately light up the league, but given some work with out coaches, Browner 2.0 (hopefully without the off-field issues) is far from a pipe dream IMHO.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":3nce3f4x said:
hawknation2014":3nce3f4x said:

Go Hawks!

I re-listened to the interview (http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... more-25360), and it was actually kind of a long-winded question. First, he brought up the fact that last year Luke Willson was a draftee that really stood out for Schneider early on, and the year before that it was Russell Wilson. This year, who is the draftee Schneider would have been "really bummed not to have drafted"? (I translated this as "can't-miss," but maybe that wasn't the best translation).

Schneider's answer: I think Kevin Pierre-Louis and Pinkins are guys that stand out . . . obviously, Paul, he was our highest rated player.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
They said that Bowling ball signed too on NWCN. I figured money was short, so he had to sign as soon as he could before he got cut off at the knees. :twisted:

:stirthepot:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3eatcl8n said:
Schneider said Pinkins and Kevin Pierre-Louis were the two can't-miss players from this class.!

Link? Cause we've never heard Schneider use definitive words like "can't miss"............especially talking about a 7th rounder. Like most GM's, he's guarded and diplomatic when it comes to discussing draft picks.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Pete also sounded really excited about Pinkins on the radio today. Said their expectations were high for him.

"Not everybody thought the world of him, but we did." - PC on drafting Pinkins.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
mikeak":meath6kz said:
Bears had all but a 3rd rounder signed yesterday. A few years ago a single signing this early would be great.

But I wonder why it is taking us so long / bears did it so quickly.

Thankfully, it's not a race to be won. I'd rather a few more weeks be spent optimizing a rookie contract within the parameters of the CBA in order to allow Seattle to re-sign crucial men like Wilson to acceptable contracts in the future. If that's indeed what it takes.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Some contracts like Andrew Luck's drag out because of money made outside of football like licensing etc.

Others haggle over bonuses for catches, yards, INTs, stuff like that. The general slotted numbers are set, but how it gets paid out is where contention can arise.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3sti12fh said:
hawknation2014":3sti12fh said:
Schneider said Pinkins and Kevin Pierre-Louis were the two can't-miss players from this class.!

Link? Cause we've never heard Schneider use definitive words like "can't miss"............especially talking about a 7th rounder. Like most GM's, he's guarded and diplomatic when it comes to discussing draft picks.

See above.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The cap is the best thing to happen to pro football since Marshawn Lynch.

Love Pinkins getting in early. A lot of work ahead of him if he's going to change positions and (ultimately) replace Maxwell.