26. Texans
27. Bills
28. Redskins
29. Vikings
30. Jaguars
31. Raiders
32. Browns

LINK: http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2014/week/0

Also, here is an interesting graph of Seattle Seahawks' power ranking trends since 2002: http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/rankings/tr ... e-seahawks

lobohawk

Reaction score
Colts look overrated, but that's to be expected. They're basically the same team they were last year. Many others around them have improved.
Texans seem to be in the position to move the most, if they can find some semi-productive QB play.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I agree with both of the above comments.

The Rams should also be higher. They drafted extremely well. On paper, their defense appears to be one of the strongest in the league. Best defensive line in the league, at least on paper, with the addition of Aaron Donald to a lineup of Quinn, Long, Brockers, Hayes, Langford, Sims, etc. And the back seven will have more depth and experience than they had a season ago. Their offensive line also looks strong with the addition of Greg Robinson to a line already composed of Jake Long and Joe Barksdale. They will have a good young running back in Zach Stacy running behind them. I guess they will go as far as Sam Bradford and a pedestrian receiving corps will take them.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I'd take the Bengals and Panthers over the Eagles and Colts, 9ers over the Broncos and maybe even the Saints over the Pats. NFC takes the Super Bowl again this year.

JZ#1

Reaction score
The Donkies would go 7-9 in the NFC West. They are so soft. The AFC as a whole, until the AFC North steps it up, is just a cakewalk.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Hawks deserve that ranking but come on,,,Broncos at #2?

The one that I think is going to move up that list in a hurry is (If they can get their QB situation sorted ) Houston. Very interested to see what that defense looks like with Clowney, Watt, Mercilus and Cushing!

Ruminator

Reaction score
NFC West is so good that two things would not surprise me: 1) NFC representative in SB being from the NFC-W for 8 of the next 10 years, and 2) six or fewer losses combined by all NFC-W teams against non-division foes this upcoming season.

theascension

Reaction score
JZ#1":1ibxhjgk said:
The Donkies would go 7-9 in the NFC West. They are so soft. The AFC as a whole, until the AFC North steps it up, is just a cakewalk.

Broncos are going to get swept by the NFC W and I'm going to laugh pretty hard about it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
theascension":i2o1uwc0 said:
JZ#1":i2o1uwc0 said:

Broncos are going to get swept by the NFC W and I'm going to laugh pretty hard about it.

It may be worth it to watch all of those games from the NFC-W agin the Broncos. Just for the tears affect. :mrgreen:

drdiags

Reaction score
If folks think the Broncos are going to get swept by the NFCW, I think the bravado is running pretty high right now. I am sure there will be excuses like the ones after the losses to the Colts last year.

rideaducati

Reaction score
lobohawk":3lfhwdk3 said:
Colts look overrated, but that's to be expected. They're basically the same team they were last year. Many others around them have improved.
Texans seem to be in the position to move the most, if they can find some semi-productive QB play.

The colts have an unbelievably easy schedule this year. They should easily win 11-12 games.

rideaducati

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":399twzge said:
Yep, I hate Santa Clara, but they would have knocked the Broncs around as well. They should be #2

The same team that lost to the ravens? I don't think so.

rideaducati

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2bim0amp said:
Yep, I hate Santa Clara, but they would have knocked the Broncs around as well. They should be #2

The same team that lost to the ravens? I don't think so.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theascension":mdbh9of0 said:
JZ#1":mdbh9of0 said:

Disagree. I can see them winning 3 of the 4. Lone loss to us.

I'm telling you guys, Seattle is their worst possible matchup in every way.. SF, AZ and STL are not.

We shall see soon though.

soulfishhawk":mdbh9of0 said:

They may have won the Super Bowl, but it would have been a much closer game. Manning would have shredded the Niners secondary IMO. However, hard to see the Broncos defense being able to slow down Kaep. I think it would have been a shootout much like Ravens-49ers.

plyka

Reaction score
Ruminator":kja3tpp4 said:
NFC West is so good that two things would not surprise me: 1) NFC representative in SB being from the NFC-W for 8 of the next 10 years, and 2) six or fewer losses combined by all NFC-W teams against non-division foes this upcoming season.

The nfl is always changing. Great teams from one year turn I to crap teams the next. As we saw with the NFC west itself turning from the laughing stock to the best. So I have no confidence what will be here two years from now, forget about ten years.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":37wk80ec said:
theascension":37wk80ec said:

Disagree. I can see them winning 3 of the 4. Lone loss to us.

I'm telling you guys, Seattle is their worst possible matchup in every way.. SF, AZ and STL are not.

We shall see soon though.

AZ's defense is almost identical to Seattle. Their secondary might not get all the press, but they're every bit as good as the LOB. Watching them shutdown the Seahawks last season in person was just scary. And they got better in the offseason.

The Cards DL is brutal, especially those bookends at DE. We've got a good pass rush, but AZ is a little better. I think they'll get Manning way off his game, and you'll probably see a few INTs as a result.

The only team that doesn't matchup well is STL. Yeah they had a good draft but Fisher is a mediocre coach who relies on mediocre game plans, with a mediocre QB throwing the ball to a bunch of mediocre rookies. They'll have issues with the Donkies. Their defense is good enough to keep them in the game for the first half, but eventually Manning will find his pace and the weak STL offense just doesn't have the firepower to catch up.