So I watched SB XLVIII tonight...

Laloosh

Reaction score
Yep, we still won. Will this ever get old?

Go Hawks!

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Never old but maybe a bit repetitive after watching 6 Super Owl victories in a row:)

halfrack

Reaction score
Watched it Sat. Morning. (1hr. Version). Still great. Don't feel "as compelled" to hit pause to run the bathroom but still do.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
Anybody else notice "Living On A Prayer" blasting to start the second half? So fitting, down by 22 lol.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I watched all the Rain City Redemption vids yesterday. My wife got home during part 3 and we both still get chills and tears. She asked to watch the most recent RRR again. More chills, laughs, and tears.

Home sick today means "Unfinished Business" and likely the entire playoff run plus the 43-8 cherry on top. :) Hasn't even come close to getting old and I suspect it never will.

seanoob

Reaction score
I listen everyday at work (I test professional audio equipment) and it has yet to get old.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
If you watch it often you will be able to see the alternate ending, where Thomas doesn't catch a touchdown pass. By often I mean non-stop for 48 hours with heavy doses of alcohol. That was a much better game we played.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BullHawk33":s61rak2v said:
If you watch it often you will be able to see the alternate ending, where Thomas doesn't catch a touchdown pass. By often I mean non-stop for 48 hours with heavy doses of alcohol. That was a much better game we played.
Everytime I watch XLVIII I get those chills going up and down my spine (the good kind) and the adrenaline starts pumping, it never fails! :)

byau

Reaction score
Got to live it up before the season begins.

I have also been watching the Saints game and the 49ers game too. That 49ers game was amazing and I know what you mean about alternate endings. My body still clenches up on that last play as if the next time I watch it Sherman doesn't make the play.

Oh, and been watching the highlight DVD too :)

A

Anonymous

halfrack":1r5cjz34 said:
Still great. Don't feel "as compelled" to hit pause to run the bathroom but still do.

Dude.

This is me, exactly.

JonRud

Reaction score
I keep watching the SB and keep waiting to see this 'Greatest Offense of All Time' but all I keep seeing is a bunch of overrated guys wearing hideous orange uniforms getting the living crap beat out of them.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
From the get go Payton looked like a kid that accidentally stumbled in to a pack of hungry wolves...while carrying a roast beef. As great as he is on e his eyes get big as saucers and his feet begin that chop step it's over. Unfortunately for Denver Payton began his jitterbugging walking into the stadium.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I watch SB XLVIII every night!

Not really, but that's what my wife tells people. I suppose I've watched it 6 x. It never gets old (for me). ; )

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have all the playoff games as mp4 on my S4. If I am waiting for anything one of them is playing as I listen through the bluetooth.

I was watching it while waiting for the doctor, he came in and said "is that the Super Bowl? You have it on your phone? " I beamed it to him and dude shared it over the TVs in his clinic. By the time I left the entire place was watching it.

When I walked out the door I heard the doc yell "BOOM", probably after Kamtrack laid out Thomas.

Mick063

Reaction score
Having watched several times, I still don't get the "game manager" moniker slapped on Wilson. He was tearing that team up from the beginning.

A bad spot on third down (Wilson reached the ball past the 1st down marker running down the sideline) robbed them of a 1st half touchdown (they kicked a field goal). Then a great play (in another series) by their linebacker to knock the ball away from Kearse in the endzone. Kearse had both hands on it and the linebacker just made a beautiful play to pull out a perfectly thrown pass. Settled for another field goal. Seahawks should have scored 51 in that game and Wilson should have had four TD passes.

Game manager my a$$. Wilson tore the Broncos apart. His third down conversions were top notch.

byau

Reaction score
Mick063":2imz43h2 said:
A bad spot on third down (Wilson reached the ball past the 1st down marker running down the sideline) robbed them of a 1st half touchdown (they kicked a field goal). Then a great play (in another series) by their linebacker to knock the ball away from Kearse in the endzone. Kearse had both hands on it and the linebacker just made a beautiful play to pull out a perfectly thrown pass. Settled for another field goal.

And too bad Harvin couldn't stay in bounds on his first sweep. That's another TD

dino26

Reaction score
The best is at halftime when they talk about how Manning can still come back from this and then BAM .....Harvin ..TOUCHDOWN

EAT IT !!!!!!!!!!!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I like where after the Hawks get the 5 points, Denver comes out and Buck says "where should we start? The 611 points, the 76 touchdowns, the 5 MVPs for Manning, the running game, the damage they can do on the outside with the TE and that great offensive line"

Then Aikman chuckles and says "where do you start trying to slow that down?"

3 and out with a murderous hit on Thomas sounds like a good place to me.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Think about this... if the Hawks only scored FGs on offense instead of TDs they still would have won 31-8.

That Kearse play on the second drive is a TD 9 out of 10 times. The LBer got his hand in the perfect spot even though he was turned around.

Yep and Harvin... that first sweep was so close to being a big TD run. Once the Hawks had a fair lead they didn't even bother using it anymore. Percy could have had the MONSTER game.

The thing about that game was that the Hawks finally got it from every part of the team for the entire game, something that really only happened in a few games last year. Saints in December, Atlanta, Cards away game. Some of that is the result of playing the top defenses in the league 6 times from the NFCW, while Carolina, Houston, NYG and NOLA all had top defenses too. Even the Titans had a fair defense.

The Hawks can flat out ball. They win even when they aren't having the greatest game and we have PC to thank for that.