$100,000 (cash) or repeat?

HawkWow

Reaction score
Last year someone posted a similar topic ($100k or championship?). I apologize to that person for not recalling who he / she he-she was.

I was surprised how many said they'd take the title. Admirable. But there were many that because of financial constraints, said they'd take the money. Equally admirable.

That thread was great but I felt it was a bit too personal. Too intrusive. So let's do this:

We all have $1,000,000 banked. Nobody has more, nobody has less.

Would you rather have a repeat or (an additional) $100,000?

Brahn

Reaction score
Cash please, you just paid my season tickets for life. Now I can just use my bank account for living.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Let's just phrase it in a way that actually tests our want:

Would you pay for 10% of your net assets for a repeat?

theascension

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2kdg1xq4 said:

I feel like I've spent 10% of my assets on seahawks merch this offseason... so yes...

SeahawksRawk

Reaction score
Repeat, every time!

Money can not duplicate the happiness that came with the title(every title).

That moment all thoughts of money issues, life issues, anything but the joy of winning the championship. Just didn't matter!

nyc-seahawk

Reaction score
I think the better question would be if you were to be offered 100,000$ cash, by accepting the offer it would guarantee that the seahawks will never win another superbowl in your lifetime. Would you take that? I wouldn't. Not even if it was 1,000,000$ cash. The offer would have to be a minimum of 50 million cash for me to consider. Yes I'm crazy.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1ozacl03 said:

That's a good approach but again brings in too many variables. I would give $100k...but would not give 10% of my total assets. There has to be a ceiling (IMO).

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I'd give it all away and my first born for two more lombardi's in a row, the next against the Pasties, the third against the Stealers.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Lady Talon":f6t5dr1c said:
I'd give it all away and my first born for two more lombardi's in a row, the next against the Pasties, the third against the Stealers.

I'd give up my 1st born as well. But if we could get together on this, we'd only have to give up one kid. Something to think about, LT.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I was figuring on buying a kid from third world country to settle the bet. I want nothing to do with bearing children. :D

randomation

Reaction score
a million in the bank I can pretty much live on for the rest of my life paying for school off investing 20k so yeah a million I'm pretty much set for life. So I will take a repeat please.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
randomation":3ch7yzch said:
a million in the bank I can pretty much live on for the rest of my life paying for school off investing 20k so yeah a million I'm pretty much set for life. So I will take a repeat please.

You mention school so I assume you're still young. To make a million last a lifetime, you'd have to move to a 3rd world country and sell babies to Hawk fans to subsidize your existence. Set your sights higher, bro. It's not what it use to be.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":2e9uzt38 said:
randomation":2e9uzt38 said:

You mention school so I assume you're still young. To make a million last a lifetime, you'd have to move to a 3rd world country and sell babies to Hawk fans to subsidize your existence. Set your sights higher, bro. It's not what it use to be.

$10/hr job would pay you $1M in 48 years. So I guess if you want to live at the poverty line for your whole life then yes, you probably can about do it.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
SonicHawk":23ul0pdu said:
HawkWow":23ul0pdu said:
randomation":23ul0pdu said:

$10/hr job would pay you $1M in 48 years. So I guess if you want to live at the poverty line for your whole life then yes, you probably can about do it.

This is why many Americans do not get rich. With only one million, it would be quite easy to make that money grow exponentially. Few people have debt in excess of $500,000 even when you take into consideration home, cars, credit cards, etc. And once your major expenditures were paid off, the money you need to live off is pennies in comparison. Investing half a million, while paying off debts and living off the other half, would reap bucketfuls of cash.

Take the repeat every time, and use your money wisely.