Cool or Corny?

Is it cool or corny to put a SBXLVIII patch on a retro jersey?

• Cool!

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Corny!

Votes: 62 58.5%
  • Not sure how I feel about it.

Votes: 24 22.6%

• Total voters

Hawknballs

Reaction score
is it a retro jersey of a contemporary player? Important info!

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I wouldn't, but if you want to, don't let a bunch of anonymous posters tell you otherwise

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly I'm not sure what I think of it. It's a home retro 12 that says SEAHAWKS.NET on the back. Thanks to ivotuk who sent it to me after he won it from me many years ago!

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
I saw a gentleman at the Super Bowl wearing a Cortez Kennedy jersey with a Super Bowl XL patch. As much as I wish Tez had played in a Super Bowl, it just looked odd.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Aros":3uiz1xwr said:
Honestly I'm not sure what I think of it. It's a home retro 12 that says SEAHAWKS.NET on the back. Thanks to ivotuk who sent it to me after he won it from me many years ago!

I'd say go for it personally, since it sounds like more of a piece of fan gear representing the franchise in general than it does a specific era or player.

Brahn

Reaction score
Only Super fans will even notice it enough to be annoyed, and by that point they are just looking for things to be annoyed about.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Brahn":x0tunexb said:
Only Super fans will even notice it enough to be annoyed, and by that point they are just looking for things to be annoyed about.

Good answer!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Aros":3ixbysyn said:
It's a home retro 12 that says SEAHAWKS.NET on the back.

That's about the only time I'd consider doing it myself. Otherwise I wouldn't, but being a 12 with .NET on it gives it a custom, personalized feel, almost like a bomber jacket with patches on it. Hell, if you're doing that, put an XL* patch on it too.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Only if you're planning on using your jersey like its the car of someone with too many bumper sticker opinions.

rideaducati

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3fqwcr11 said:
Depends how you take the temp

I hope he knows the difference between an oral and a rectal thermometer....the taste.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
rideaducati":134pztvh said:
-The Glove-":134pztvh said:
Depends how you take the temp

I hope he knows the difference between an oral and a rectal thermometer....the taste.

Lol...I must have missed what this thread is really about

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, 65% corny? That's surprising.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Aros":3g4pxk7p said:

I think it would rock, but it's all in the placement. Take a picture of it and photoshop some patches on it then let us vote. :th2thumbs:

It's a funny thing, I felt like I was holding it hostage all these years, and winning Super Bowl 48 was the perfect opportunity to return it to it's rightful home. Now I just need to decide what jersey I'm going to get to celebrate '48 in '38 :mrgreen:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team won the SB XLVIII, any advertising of that reality is cool.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I did not understand the qwestion at first....now I do, so put the dang thing on it. It is a 12s shirt. IF it was a players number shirt, naw....but you are a fan...dance bro.

McG

Reaction score
How about a custom jersey with the number 48 and name as "SUPERBOWL" or "SB WINNER" with the patch? I was thinking of getting one like that, but I don't know if that would be lame.

As far as patch on a retro, as long as it is a non-player jersey I think it would be pretty cool. Just my 2 cents.