For you drinkers, anybody seen one?

Limited-Edition-Seahawks-Makers-Mark-Bottle.jpeg

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic ... d_15934513

OP
OP
lsheldon

lsheldon

Reaction score
I'm going to check a few of the retailers here in Everett tomorrow. I was curious if anyone had actually seen the bottle in the area. Supposedly they were to be in stores towards the end of Feb.

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
My sister works at a liquor store in Olympia and a couple weeks ago she called me and asked if I wanted one. They were only getting 6 bottles and were taking names at that time to reserve a bottle. I reserved one but I haven't got it yet.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Gonna see what they got in my area today. Gotta leave the cave once in a while for fresh air. LOL

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
Apparently these are being held up by the NFL at the makers mark warehouse because they didn't get permission from the NFL. If I hear anything else I'll post it up in here.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Man. Maker's is my favorite liquor too. I'll never be able to afford a bottle at the mark-up price, but just seeing that they did that is pretty awesome.

OP
OP
lsheldon

lsheldon

Reaction score
SeahawkFrost":9qu51o6x said:
Apparently these are being held up by the NFL at the makers mark warehouse because they didn't get permission from the NFL. If I hear anything else I'll post it up in here.

That doesn't make any sense to me. There aren't any NFL copyright or trademark logo's on those, simply team colors used in the wax.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
All this talk about Whisky makes me "whet"...

Little known fact... I believe Maker's Mark is the only American Bourban Whisky to spell Whisky with no 'E' in honor of its Scottish traditions.... I'll drink to that!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Oh shit... I have to have one of those.

My wife and I are bourbon drinkers and MM is one of our go-to favorites.

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
lsheldon":byt00wlj said:
SeahawkFrost":byt00wlj said:

That doesn't make any sense to me. There aren't any NFL copyright or trademark logo's on those, simply team colors used in the wax.

Maybe because they marketed it using the team name is the only thing I can think of. They have done this in previous years so I don't know why now its a problem. I could be wrong but when I asked my sister this morning when they would be in she said they were told the NFL was holding up the delivery.

A

Anonymous

SeahawkFrost":yrpaewu1 said:
lsheldon":yrpaewu1 said:
SeahawkFrost":yrpaewu1 said:

Maybe because they marketed it using the team name is the only thing I can think of. They have done this in previous years so I don't know why now its a problem. I could be wrong but when I asked my sister this morning when they would be in she said they were told the NFL was holding up the delivery.

I'm sorry, Frost, did you say something?

I can't see anything to the right of your avatar...

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3lu0s441 said:
SeahawkFrost":3lu0s441 said:
lsheldon":3lu0s441 said:
SeahawkFrost":3lu0s441 said:

I'm sorry, Frost, did you say something?

I can't see anything to the right of your avatar...
Lol yeah I get that a lot when I post.

OP
OP
lsheldon

lsheldon

Reaction score
This was posted yesterday on YardBarker.com. Only 4200 being made, and Fred Meyer, Walmart, BevMo, and Total Wine expected to have some. I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

The bottles are expected to hit shelves in the state of Washington sometime later this week. Fans who want to get their hands on one will have to devise a clever plan. Only 4,200 bottles are being made by Maker's Mark.

Chains such as Fred Meyer, Wal-Mart, BevMo! and Total Wine are expected to have limited quantities for sale when the bottles do arrive. If you want one and can't find a way to buy from a retailer expect to pay a hefty price on the secondary market.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic ... e_15934513