Bill Belichick predicted Hawks by 20+ pts in SB

melloyello1818

Reaction score
A good client/friend of mine (president/head honcho of an oil and gas co.), who resides in Boston and comes to Houston frequently for business, shared with me some interesting info yesterday. He tells me, during SB week, he had dinner with Belichick and Kraft and during dinner, Belichick said the Broncos and Pats don't match up well vs Seattle and he expected the Hawks to win by 20+ pts. He also said that had Seattle played NE instead of Denver in the SB, he thinks Seattle would win by even more (30+ Pts). It's interesting to hear true and honest opinions from people on other teams when they don't have a mic shoved in their face and have to give the PC answer all the time when asked a question. On a side note, he tells me it's March already, when are you gonna stop smiling (about winning the SB)? I told him is it that obvious that I'm still basking in the glory? Apparently so. Thought it was a funny observation on his part.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
melloyello1818":2unwc4dc said:
On a side note, he tells me it's March already, when are you gonna stop smiling (about winning the SB)?

Absolution is forever.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Not saying you personally are full of it but I find it hard to believe Bellichek would believe or say it out loud.

kearly

Reaction score
I believe it. New England's receiving threats were putrid in the postseason. And their RBs play right into Seattle's hands. They basically don't have a TE either, after depending on two great ones before.

If Belichick did say this, he is selling his team short though. His defense is significantly better than Denver's, as was his offensive line.

OP
OP
M

melloyello1818

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3c87gfz2 said:
Not saying you personally are full of it but I find it hard to believe Bellichek would believe or say it out loud.

People say and do stuff in their personal life that they wouldn't do in their professional life all the time.

I don't find it hard to believe at all, but you're obviously entitled to your own beliefs.

RussWils3

Reaction score
melloyello1818":1xjcuubi said:
A good client/friend of mine (president/head honcho of an oil and gas co.), who resides in Boston and comes to Houston frequently for business, shared with me some interesting info yesterday. He tells me, during SB week, he had dinner with Belichick and Kraft and during dinner, Belichick said the Broncos and Pats don't match up well vs Seattle and he expected the Hawks to win by 20+ pts. He also said that had Seattle played NE instead of Denver in the SB, he thinks Seattle would win by even more (30+ Pts). It's interesting to hear true and honest opinions from people on other teams when they don't have a mic shoved in their face and have to give the PC answer all the time when asked a question. On a side note, he tells me it's March already, when are you gonna stop smiling (about winning the SB)? I told him is it that obvious that I'm still basking in the glory? Apparently so. Thought it was a funny observation on his part.

Thanks for sharing this. I love these types of posts.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I actually think NE may have played better against us. But we still would have won by 20+.

I just didn't want to give Brady a chance to make Sherman pay for the "You Mad Bro" stuff. But I still knew we would beat either of them.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The AFC sucks and has no team that matches up with the entire NFCW. They're all too pass oriented and soft end of story. Why,do you think Green Bay gets slapped around like a red headed step child like clockwork against San Francisco? It's because they're SOFT.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I couldn't imagine Belichek and Co. looking as useless as Fox/Del Rio on the sidelines and not even adjusting their mediocre team to try and expose us on both sides of ball. They would have lost as well, but simply leadership and adjustments on their part would have avoided the 35 point deficit that befell the Donkeys.

bigcc

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1v1bby5g said:
The AFC sucks and has no team that matches up with the entire NFCW. They're all too pass oriented and soft end of story. Why,do you think Green Bay gets slapped around like a red headed step child like clockwork against San Francisco? It's because they're SOFT.

They barely lost to CAR due to a bizarre ending (put up 20). They beat the saints (put up 30). They beat the Colts who beat us and the 9ers. They would have scared me much more than the Broncos.... we probably have MUCH less of a fanbase advantage if we play NE, and Superbowl Brady>superbowl Peyton.

I still think we win pretty easily, the team was just too in the zone, but I'm laughing at Belichick thinking his team would lose by 30+, let alone saying it out loud.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
On that day, no team in the NFL could have beaten us.

All three units were at the top of their game... the best D in the league... the best ST in the league.... and one of the top and most efficient offenses in the league.

OP
OP
M

melloyello1818

Reaction score
I still think we win pretty easily, the team was just too in the zone, but I'm laughing at Belichick thinking his team would lose by 30+, let alone saying it out loud.[/quote]

To be fair, I think that comment was probably said more in jest than all seriousness, since he had just mentioned that Denver would lose by 20+ points and they (NE) just lost to the Denver the week prior, in the AFCCG. That's my take on it.

OP
OP
M

melloyello1818

Reaction score
melloyello1818":o1pdyowl said:
I still think we win pretty easily, the team was just too in the zone, but I'm laughing at Belichick thinking his team would lose by 30+, let alone saying it out loud.

To be fair, I think that comment was probably said more in jest than all seriousness, since he had just mentioned that Denver would lose by 20+ points and they (NE) just lost to the Denver the week prior, in the AFCCG. That's my take on it.[/quote]

Regardless of the reason, still music to the ears. :p

dutchman063

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3uliwl3e said:

^^this.. and i believe he is full of it

lobohawk

Reaction score
The Pats would have been better prepared and not remained stuck on "play our game" mode expecting to win. BB is big on adjustments to their gameplan according to specific opponents. Don't think it would have mattered in the end, but it may not have snowballed like it did for Denver.

OP
OP
M

melloyello1818

Reaction score
dutchman063":83d9x7t9 said:
CALIHAWK1":83d9x7t9 said:

^^this.. and i believe he is full of it

I share an actual conversation with a client of mine that i think other Hawk fans may appreciate and find interesting.

You may be one that doesn't, but to insult someone and say they're 'full of it', is just juvenile. I would think

us all being Hawk fans, we're more respectful towards one another than that.