Bill Belichick predicted Hawks by 20+ pts in SB

mikeak

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2gh3dxbz said:
I find it hard to believe Bellichek would believe .

For part 1 where he would predict Seahawks win by 20 I would believe it.

We beat them 2 years ago and last years team (SB winning team) was significantly better. Bellicheck knows the game of football and knows how good RW is and how good the rest of our team is and they played Denver twice last year. You are saying you find it hard to believe Bellicheck would expect a blowout in a game that ended up as a blowout.....

Part 2 - why wouldn't he expect a 30pt loss? Especially if hte boss is there. He was heralded as having his best year last year making something out of nothing. Their team was in shambles especially offensively. They just got blown out by Denver it was a one sided game in the AFC championship game......

BHF

Reaction score
As large as an ego as Billy Belly has I have an exceedingly hard time imagining any scenario when he would admit to himself (much less an outsider) that he couldn't find a way to beat anyone, or at least make it close, no matter the disparity in talent.

Subzero717

Reaction score
BHF":1n4dj2jt said:
As large as an ego as Billy Belly has I have an exceedingly hard time imagining any scenario when he would admit to himself (much less an outsider) that he couldn't find a way to beat anyone, or at least make it close, no matter the disparity in talent.

I didnt feel liking typing that much so thanks for doing it for me.

ivotuk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":u974ma69 said:
BHF":u974ma69 said:

You guys really should watch the NFL special on Bill Belicheck, he can be really personable and honest when it's not football season. To think that he is the same man during the off season as he is during the season may be a little short-sighted.

While driving his boat in from fishing "Nobody worried about third and long out here." And when he was at the old Giants facility talking about his time with NY and Bill Parcells his voice broke and he almost cried. Then there is him with his son.

Unlike Russell Wilson, bill belicheck is NOT a Robot.

Subzero717

Reaction score
ivotuk":1qufx6kd said:
CALIHAWK1":1qufx6kd said:
BHF":1qufx6kd said:

You guys really should watch the NFL special on Bill Belicheck, he can be really personable and honest when it's not football season. To think that he is the same man during the off season as he is during the season may be a little short-sighted.

While driving his boat in from fishing "Nobody worried about third and long out here." And when he was at the old Giants facility talking about his time with NY and Bill Parcells his voice broke and he almost cried. Then there is him with his son.

I did see that. Thats different than saying we would have had our arses handed to us to a group of strangers. Competitors arent wired that way.

themunn

Reaction score
kearly":15d947sy said:
I believe it. New England's receiving threats were putrid in the postseason. And their RBs play right into Seattle's hands. They basically don't have a TE either, after depending on two great ones before.

If Belichick did say this, he is selling his team short though. His defense is significantly better than Denver's, as was his offensive line.

You say that, but Manning absolutely waltzed through their defense, and tore their O-Line apart.

If we had played that way against New England we'd have put 40 on them too, and probably shut them out...

mikeak

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3i6tiltm said:
I did see that. Thats different than saying we would have had our arses handed to us to a group of strangers. Competitors arent wired that way.

His 2012 team which was much better than the 2013 NE team lost to the Seahawks 2012 team that was not close to as good as the Seahawks 2013 team

So where is the group of strangers? He knows he made a four star meal with horseshit

Subzero717

Reaction score
mikeak":nfgchodq said:
CALIHAWK1":nfgchodq said:

His 2012 team which was much better than the 2013 NE team lost to the Seahawks 2012 team that was not close to as good as the Seahawks 2013 team

So where is the group of strangers? He knows he made a four star meal with horseshit

I feel like you have readimg comprehension deficiency issues. Again. Reread my post.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ yes I read it as by a group of strangers and not telling a group of strangers.

The group of strangers according to the OP was Kraft (not a stranger) and one other person that may or may not have been a stranger

so reread it and your line still falls apart

rigelian

Reaction score
ivotuk":18md1n3w said:
CALIHAWK1":18md1n3w said:
BHF":18md1n3w said:
You guys really should watch the NFL special on Bill Belicheck... And when he was at the old Giants facility talking about his time with NY and Bill Parcells his voice broke and he almost cried. Then there is him with his son.

I watched that special. I thought it was a perfectly executed PR strategy. I'm almost convinced that the young man that played his son was an actor.

Subzero717

Reaction score
mikeak":macm0f3p said:
^ yes I read it as by a group of strangers and not telling a group of strangers.

The group of strangers according to the OP was Kraft (not a stranger) and one other person that may or may not have been a stranger

so reread it and your line still falls apart

What? Because I dont buy it?

mikeak

Reaction score
^ no that it is a fair and valid argument. Some person that most of us don't know comes online and post an incredible story. I think it is very valid to question the story and I am not 100% buying it myself.

I just said I could see Bellicheck make those comments to a very private party and admit that about his team and Denver considering the past two seasons

Subzero717

Reaction score
mikeak":1el7zguw said:
^ no that it is a fair and valid argument. Some person that most of us don't know comes online and post an incredible story. I think it is very valid to question the story and I am not 100% buying it myself.

I just said I could see Bellicheck make those comments to a very private party and admit that about his team and Denver considering the past two seasons

The Denver part is far off but on a good day I may buy it if I had been at a reggae festival all day if you catch my draft. Him admitting his team would lose by more than 30 to anyone including himself to me is unbelievable. Competitors arent wired that way. I couldnt see Gus Bradley saying that. Not to mention in front of the guy that fired Carroll and replaced him with you.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Lady Talon":32qa0uhq said:
I couldn't imagine Belichek and Co. looking as useless as Fox/Del Rio on the sidelines and not even adjusting their mediocre team to try and expose us on both sides of ball. They would have lost as well, but simply leadership and adjustments on their part would have avoided the 35 point deficit that befell the Donkeys.

This, and what the other guy wrote that was similar.

Fox & staff had no viable plan B for anything. Not that it would have mattered much on that day. Belicheck is a smart guy, and the hoodie can be downright personable if caught in the right circumstances. I have no problem believing he called Seattle by 20+.

I feel like Belichek and Brady would have found a way to keep it closer. Or maybe not. New England had a crap secondary too. Really, the two teams, NE and Denver, were quite comparable. Both had huge matchup problems against Seattle's D, with their strength taken away, and also huge matchup problems against Seattle's passing O, particularly with their weak secondaries. I think NE would have run the ball a little better and maybe posted 3 scores, so maybe a 35-17 game. NE just couldn't stop Denver's historically great passing attack with their banged-up secondary in the AFC championship game. There are 3* teams in the NFL that could. All in the NFC West. Denver would have been the 4th best team in the NFC West last year.

Osprey Overhang

Reaction score
Just thought I would bump this back into the current mix. Have the Pats added enough personnel, or have the Hawks lost enough personel to change Bill's thoughts?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Well, the Patriots had arguably the sorriest receiving corps in the league last year. No Gronk, no Wilfork, no Revis. Their secondary was suspect, no run stuffer, and their WRs would've been absolutely killed by our DBs.

So, yeah, a 30+ rout was probably realistic last year. They would've been horribly outmatched everywhere on the field. This year, they have Gronk/LaFell over Austin Collie/Aaron Dobson, Wilfork in the middle, Revis in the secondary. Definitely makes it a different match up. If Earl/Sherm are 100%, I still think it favors Seattle, but certainly the gap is much tighter this year.