Wilson's non-throwing shoulder injury

uncle fester

Reaction score
So, having been hit with another blast of happy SB48 memories today, I was left pondering the point at which Wilson hurt his left shoulder.

Yes, neither he or the FO chose to make an issue of it, (and so far it looks like it doesn't require surgery) but it was obviously enough of an issue to swap sides with Miller for the Gatorade dunk at the SB.

So when do you think he got hurt?

Somewhere in that full-on assault by the Rams D-line (mostly Quinn) at St Louis?

During the loss at Candlestick?

I ask as I'm wondering if it contributed (in whatever fashion) to the offensive sluggishness towards the end of the regular season.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
It was the Bucs game. The week after in Atlanta is when he started wearing sleeves and shoulder pads with extra padding on his left side.

OP
OP
uncle fester

uncle fester

Reaction score
Ah righto - I must confess I hadn't noticed. I thought he'd been doing that since Quinn chased him all over St Louis the week before.

Rafi

Reaction score
If I had to guess I'd say it was on the deep throw down the middle to Baldwin (the one Baldwin got up gimpy) during the NFC Championship game. Russ took a huge hit after the throw and was absolutely blasted into the turf onto his non throwing shoulder. If that didn't cause the initial injury it sure didn't help things.

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
Rafi":2s6htatv said:
If I had to guess I'd say it was on the deep throw down the middle to Baldwin (the one Baldwin got up gimpy) during the NFC Championship game. Russ took a huge hit after the throw and was absolutely blasted into the turf onto his non throwing shoulder. If that didn't cause the initial injury it sure didn't help things.

The original injury was WELL before that, though he may have aggravated it numerous times.

First mention I remember is from the TB game. Terry Blount shared in an interview that Russell couldn't even get his shoulder pads off on his own and his press conference was delayed so long because he was getting treatment.

plyka

Reaction score
Rafi":2up4reb7 said:

I had the exact same thought. When that hit happened I was thinking to myself an Aaron Rodgers type broken clavical or a seperated shoulder. It was a dirty hit and should have been flagged. Hitting the player that late is fine, but you're not supposed to drive him into the ground like that.

kf3339

Reaction score
Does anyone know the progress or timeline for his shoulder being completely healed? Does he gust need time to heal? Physical therapy? Is it bad enough that he may need surgery to repair?